[MOD] Remove Verizon Wireless***Updated 3/20 All Roms***

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Ok the MOD is back up on a new file share site. Here is what you will need to do. First download the file to your computer. It will be a file called eri.xml. Once you have it loaded then from your phone go into root explorer. Go into system/framework. The click up top on the Mount R/W box so you can Read/Write. Find the file framework-res.apk. Hold down the file and click copy. Now back up to the main screen and go into sdcard. Fine a folder like download and click on it. Then hit the past button. Back out and plug your phone into your computer. Go into the folder that you put the framework in. Find the file and copy to your computer. Now right click the file and open with 7-zip. Once open in 7-zip double click res then xml. You will see a file called eri.xml. Now take the one you downloaded from the link below and drag it into the work space. You want to over write the file with the new one. Close up 7-zip and then drop the edited framework-res.apk back onto your phone. Now go into sdcard find the new file and copy it. Back up and go into system/framework again. Make sure your still in R/W and then hit paste. You will be told your going to over write and click ok. Every time I do this my phone just reboots right then. If not then manual reboot the phone. You should now see the Verizon Wireless is removed from you lock screen and drop down. Enjoy.

No Verizon - http://www.mediafire.com/?ljt6eu8p5am9o0d
43541cb6-03c3-e2ec.jpg

43541cb6-03cf-3bd3.jpg

Last edited:

SpinDisc

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [MOD] Removed VerizonWireless From Lock and Drop Down

Did exactly what you said (using the Google .apk). Phone restarted, but it still says Verizon Wireless.

I'm on a deoxed stock ROM (ICL53F). Would that have anything to do with it? I just want to get rid of this Verizon branding...

SpinDisc

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Okay, Google shows up for a second or two, and then Verizon Wireless shows back up.

Any ideas?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Did you dl to your phone or computer. If to phone dl to a computer and move to phone. Sometimes dl files to the phone don't play nice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Will this work on a stock rooted (non-deodexed or anything special) phone?

TWISM

May 29, 2011
Visit site

How hard would it be to make requests?

Like instead of Google it said... TWISM

Maybe I should download the sdk and start practicing... lol

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Did you change the permissions before you rebooted?

Yup! Did it twice. The permissions were exactly like in the images once I pasted your modded version over the stock version.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Sorry if this is off topic but where did u get the wifi/bluetooth/etc. tabs for the pull down ?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Yup! Did it twice. The permissions were exactly like in the images once I pasted your modded version over the stock version.

Weird how some it works for others it won't. After applying try and click off every permission. It won't hurt anything. Sometime tonight I'll look into a easier way to apply.

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded it on my PC, transferred it to my GNexus's storage via Bluetooth FTP, renamed the original file, pasted the new one, and finally moved the original to a safe location. The phone did not restart itself, but I did a battery pull and when I rebooted it looked great!

I now see "Google" on my lockscreen, notifications tray, and under Settings>About Phone>Status>Network.

My only, very minor, concern is that it seems to be a bit off center (to the left) on the lockscreen and tray. I realize this is extremely neurotic, but I think it may be due to it being "Goo" on the left of center and "gle" to the right...but "Goo" is wider and therefore causes the whole word to be slightly shifted left. Don't get me wrong, I love the mod and I intend to keep it regardless, but is there any way to center it? I have essentially zero knowledge in creating these things...only following directions;) Thanks for the mod and the help!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I downloaded it on my PC, transferred it to my GNexus's storage via Bluetooth FTP, renamed the original file, pasted the new one, and finally moved the original to a safe location. The phone did not restart itself, but I did a battery pull and when I rebooted it looked great!

I now see "Google" on my lockscreen, notifications tray, and under Settings>About Phone>Status>Network.

My only, very minor, concern is that it seems to be a bit off center (to the left) on the lockscreen and tray. I realize this is extremely neurotic, but I think it may be due to it being "Goo" on the left of center and "gle" to the right...but "Goo" is wider and therefore causes the whole word to be slightly shifted left. Don't get me wrong, I love the mod and I intend to keep it regardless, but is there any way to center it? I have essentially zero knowledge in creating these things...only following directions;) Thanks for the mod and the help!

Glad you got it working. I did notice it after looking at the screen shots. I'll see what I can do in a bit.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com

Ok DL the Google one again. It should be better now. I also updated the screen cap on the the google one. Thanks for pointing it out. Look much better. :D