Red ! Triangle - Reboot Recovery

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
If you're running the stock rom every time you reboot it will remove the CWR, this is built into the android OS. So until you swap out that ROM to something other than stock you'll have to reflash CWR every time you reboot.

Reactions: anthony2558

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you're running the stock rom every time you reboot it will remove the CWR, this is built into the android OS. So until you swap out that ROM to something other than stock you'll have to reflash CWR every time you reboot.

Ok thank you for clearing that up. I was running the Stock ROM. I was just worried that if I did flash a diff ROM that this would cause problems somewhere along the way.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Ok thank you for clearing that up. I was running the Stock ROM. I was just worried that if I did flash a diff ROM that this would cause problems somewhere along the way.

No problem man, it's just a security thing with android. If you fup your phone it'll reflash the stock recovery so you can still fix things. But with CWR installed you don't have that problem.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Just want to reiterate that the suggestion to delete (or rename) /system/boot-from-recovery.p would also work and enable you to keep your stock image yet get into CWM recovery.

If you don't want to spend the $4 for File Explorer, you can do what I did.

Download the following two apps:
Mount /system (rw/ro)
ASTRO File Manager

Start Mount /system (rw/ro) to put mount /system as rw
Navigate to /system folder via ASTRO and delte boot-from-recovery.p
Then go back into the first app to unmount /system

Done. OK to uninstall both apps if you don't need them. Also, the above file serves NO purpose except to block you from accessing a custom recovery, so don't even bother renaming, just delete and be done with it.

TrueKing84

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Just want to reiterate that the suggestion to delete (or rename) /system/boot-from-recovery.p would also work and enable you to keep your stock image yet get into CWM recovery.

If you don't want to spend the $4 for File Explorer, you can do what I did.

Download the following two apps:
Mount /system (rw/ro)
ASTRO File Manager

Start Mount /system (rw/ro) to put mount /system as rw
Navigate to /system folder via ASTRO and delte boot-from-recovery.p
Then go back into the first app to unmount /system

Done. OK to uninstall both apps if you don't need them. Also, the above file serves NO purpose except to block you from accessing a custom recovery, so don't even bother renaming, just delete and be done with it.
Tried this, and it wouldnt let me delete that file

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Every time I attempted to enter Recovery Mode I get the red triangle with " ! " and android lying on the ground. I've tried to get to recovery via rom manager, also power + volume up/down no luck. Anyone now a fix... Thanks in advance.

For future reference.

You must tap volume up/down and the power button all together. Don't hold them in. Just tap all together at the same time and let go. It takes a couple tries but it works.

You'll then get a menu that will let you reboot, wipe, clear cache, etc.

I experienced this after making my first nandroid backup. I rebooted and then went and deleted the backup file on my SDcard using Root Explorer.

Once you do that, you will be about to boot into CWM from Rom Manager without getting the error icon.

There is a process to make CWM permanent by flashing the toro.img file using SDK. I would post the link here but its on a competing website. I am sure you know the one.

harper1

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
This is my first post and first ROM. Thanks to you all as reading the threads I was able to get it done easily.I have what may be a newbie question. Can I install the NOVA apk on top of this? Thanks

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
This is my first post and first ROM. Thanks to you all as reading the threads I was able to get it done easily.I have what may be a newbie question. Can I install the NOVA apk on top of this? Thanks

nova is a home launcher, its like Trebuchet or any other launcher. shouldn't be a problem

Reactions: harper1

DB12088

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys i am trying to flash a new ROM through CWM and i am not able to get into recovery any help would be greatly appreciated ( i have tried to CWM Recovery and i am getting an error message stating " an error occured while attemptin to run privileged commands "

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
i am rooted and i can not get in the bootloader manually either as of right now i am stuck

ok so, you've been trying to get to bootloader/recovery manually right? by pressing VOL up, VOL down, and POWER together while the phone is off?

so, you flash recovery this way -

download this file: http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-toro.img

that's for touch recovery. if you prefer you can google search for the regular recovery for cdma gal nex.

rename the file recovery.img

place that file in the same folder as fastboot - should be in the adb tools folder or platform tools folder i believe.

so, connect your phone and open the command window.

open (cd) the adb folder

enter this command:

adb reboot bootloader

that should restart you in the bootloader mode.

then, when that's done restarting, enter this command

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

let me know if this works for ya or if you need clarification on anything

jag38

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
How exactly do you do this? Sorry I'm bad with technology...my phone is doing the same thing and when I selected recovery it didn't work. Can you please help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995