Titanium restore issue

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Lately (on Axiom 2.1 and now on 2.2) I've been having issues trying to restore apps and app data. The issue is that the restore hangs up. Right now, after flashing 2.2, I go to restore and it hangs right away on ZumoCast (don't even know what that app is and I guess I'll just delete it). Usually, a reboot gets it started back and then it will hang again and after another reboot, I'll just start manually restoring until I'm done. That works, but it kind of defeats the purpose of having a batch restore function. Any idea what's going on?

Gnoah

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
no idea. I have done a couple of restores running the same ROMs and Tibu w/o problem. Did you do a full wipe before flashing?

Gnoah

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
If you like those ROMs, try running nova launcher as well. It will backup your icon layouts and allow for different grid sizes etc. Much better than the trebuchet launcher that is with the ROM imo. I am totally new to the smartphone thing altogether, but so far have been digging the unlocked nexi

kirkpoucher

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I was having a similar issue as well. Finally ended up manually reinstalling the apps, as I was getting some constant process errors after killing the batch restore. Would be nice to get this sorted out. Will definitely look into Nova launcher, as I hate having to rebuild my home screens....

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Lately (on Axiom 2.1 and now on 2.2) I've been having issues trying to restore apps and app data. The issue is that the restore hangs up. Right now, after flashing 2.2, I go to restore and it hangs right away on ZumoCast (don't even know what that app is and I guess I'll just delete it). Usually, a reboot gets it started back and then it will hang again and after another reboot, I'll just start manually restoring until I'm done. That works, but it kind of defeats the purpose of having a batch restore function. Any idea what's going on?

It happens with TiBu.. was worse on the bionic, I've had it happen much less frequently on the gnex. To avoid it I got in the habit of just doing my restore in smaller batches, maybe like 10-15 apps at a time or so. Larger apps seem more prone to causing it as well.

And Lol Zumocast was from your bionic, don't put that on your nexus :)

I was having a similar issue as well. Finally ended up manually reinstalling the apps, as I was getting some constant process errors after killing the batch restore. Would be nice to get this sorted out. .
Yeah when it gets frozen you need to reboot before trying to run it again.

Reactions: greydarrah

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like maybe the ROM you are using doesn't play well with Titanium.

One version of Liberty for my DX was a little flakey with Titanium. Didn't want to let me restore data.

mickrg123

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I am having problem with TiBu not restoring apps and data on my Gnex. It runs through screen like it is loading but nothing gets restored. What am I missing.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams