tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
If you guys like new boot animations, this guy has been pumping them out like its his job:
[Boot Animations] Boot Animations for Galaxy Nexus ~ Updated 01/01/12 - RootzWiki

Not all are in the OP, go through the whole thread he has a TON in there, some really nice ones :)

Way to hijack my thread... I'm not against sharing the love so its all good. I tried a few from that thread a week ago. Some are not the right size to fit the screen. The boot animations in the link are a great spot for already made boots that just have the desc file edited to fit the screen. Some are stretched like the original stock one and it results in faded washed out colors. While this one here might not be too fancy the images are created at the full screen size so no loss of color or detail.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Way to hijack my thread... I'm not against sharing the love so its all good. I tried a few from that thread a week ago. Some are not the right size to fit the screen.

Haha sorry! was just trying to pass along cool stuffs :p ;)

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
If you guys like new boot animations, this guy has been pumping them out like its his job:
[Boot Animations] Boot Animations for Galaxy Nexus ~ Updated 01/01/12 - RootzWiki

Not all are in the OP, go through the whole thread he has a TON in there, some really nice ones :)

I took his flux capacitor animation. As I was scrolling through those, I thought some were pretty cool but not quite my style. I almost shouted and fist pumped in the air when I saw this one though :). Admittedly, it looks ok. Not great, just ok. But hey, I'm all about nerd cred, and that helps my image immensely.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I took his flux capacitor animation. As I was scrolling through those, I thought some were pretty cool but not quite my style. I almost shouted and fist pumped in the air when I saw this one though :). Admittedly, it looks ok. Not great, just ok. But hey, I'm all about nerd cred, and that helps my image immensely.

I too ran the flux and was so excited but it turned out to be something I would not be happy showing off. I also ran a blue warp one but it was not sized correctly and skipped and froze up all throughout the boot.

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed this. Looks pretty good, tnt. I was rockin the stock animation before because I hated th3ory's animation.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Just flashed this. Looks pretty good, tnt. I was rockin the stock animation before because I hated th3ory's animation.

Thank you! I'm going to work it up more and have the nexus logo look more like the stock android logo boot up that just says android. So the word nexus will have that shine effect scrolling across it.

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I'm going to work it up more and have the nexus logo look more like the stock android logo boot up that just says android. So the word nexus will have that shine effect scrolling across it.

Sounds good! I'll be watching for changes.

bigcatman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Tnt, I noticed this morning that there is a white line on the right of the picture, in the middle right. It looks like it wasn't centered. Am I crazy? Is anyone else seeing this?

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Can you post the stock boot animation also? I wanna try this out but i don't know how i would go about saving the stock animation.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Can you post the stock boot animation also? I wanna try this out but i don't know how i would go about saving the stock animation.

I can throw it together tonight. If you have root explorer just go into system media and change the stock boot to bootanimation.bak and it will stay there when you flash any new boot. Then when you want stock back delete the new one and rename the stock to bootanination.apk.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Tnt, I noticed this morning that there is a white line on the right of the picture, in the middle right. It looks like it wasn't centered. Am I crazy? Is anyone else seeing this?

Don't see it. I'll keep looking and try again.

NateDizzy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I have the same line on the right side of my screen. All the way up against the bezel, right?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
in
/system
/media

i have bootanimation.zip

do i rename that bootanimation.bak

and if i wanna reuse stock boot do i rename it back to .zip (original) or .apk

newdroidnewb

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

After looking extremely close, I too noticed a faint white almost greenish line on the far right side in the middle. I would have never seen it if someone hadn't pointed it out and I'll probably never see it again if not reading this thread :)

I tried a few of these and I agree with Tnt that most are not very high quality (some are actually low quality) and some don't fit properly.
That being said... A TARDIS boot animation!!! Yes Please!!!
While its pretty poor quality, it fits screen fine and I really don't reboot my phone much for other people so I figure why not use one that makes me smile. And the TARDIS always makes me smile:). If I could get the 10th Doctor Theme audio to play at the same time I would reboot my phone every 5 minutes. :D

Anyways, if you aren't a Whovian like me, definitely check out Tnt's. It really is great quality and that wallpaper is sick. I saw it earlier this evening in a post by Cyber and thought oh I need to steal that.
I haven't even looked yet, but do you have that wallpaper file handy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC