01-09-2012 10:00 PM
28 12
tools
    I don't like the stock boot animation much so I just put this together. Its simple but it has a nice HD look to it when booting up on this nice screen. I made it into a simple zip to flash in clockwork. Just save to your phone, boot into clockwork and flash the NexusBoot.zip. Then just reboot and your good to go.

Thanks to CyberWarrior for the awesome wallpaper

DL Link - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Video -
    Attachment 19905
    01-02-2012 10:48 PM
    Looks good I may have to give it a try, Thanks
    01-03-2012 09:40 AM
    If you guys like new boot animations, this guy has been pumping them out like its his job:
    [Boot Animations] Boot Animations for Galaxy Nexus ~ Updated 01/01/12 - RootzWiki

Not all are in the OP, go through the whole thread he has a TON in there, some really nice ones
    racedog likes this.
    01-03-2012 10:26 AM
    If you guys like new boot animations, this guy has been pumping them out like its his job:
    [Boot Animations] Boot Animations for Galaxy Nexus ~ Updated 01/01/12 - RootzWiki

Not all are in the OP, go through the whole thread he has a TON in there, some really nice ones
    Way to hijack my thread... I'm not against sharing the love so its all good. I tried a few from that thread a week ago. Some are not the right size to fit the screen. The boot animations in the link are a great spot for already made boots that just have the desc file edited to fit the screen. Some are stretched like the original stock one and it results in faded washed out colors. While this one here might not be too fancy the images are created at the full screen size so no loss of color or detail.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    01-03-2012 10:44 AM
    Way to hijack my thread... I'm not against sharing the love so its all good. I tried a few from that thread a week ago. Some are not the right size to fit the screen.

Haha sorry! was just trying to pass along cool stuffs :P
    01-03-2012 10:47 AM
    Haha sorry! was just trying to pass along cool stuffs :P
    Lol I was just joking its a great thread for boots to try out.

2defmouze likes this.
    01-03-2012 10:52 AM

I took his flux capacitor animation. As I was scrolling through those, I thought some were pretty cool but not quite my style. I almost shouted and fist pumped in the air when I saw this one though . Admittedly, it looks ok. Not great, just ok. But hey, I'm all about nerd cred, and that helps my image immensely.
    01-03-2012 10:33 PM
    I took his flux capacitor animation. As I was scrolling through those, I thought some were pretty cool but not quite my style. I almost shouted and fist pumped in the air when I saw this one though . Admittedly, it looks ok. Not great, just ok. But hey, I'm all about nerd cred, and that helps my image immensely.
    I too ran the flux and was so excited but it turned out to be something I would not be happy showing off. I also ran a blue warp one but it was not sized correctly and skipped and froze up all throughout the boot.

01-03-2012 10:59 PM
    Just flashed this. Looks pretty good, tnt. I was rockin the stock animation before because I hated th3ory's animation.

01-05-2012 10:06 AM
    Just flashed this. Looks pretty good, tnt. I was rockin the stock animation before because I hated th3ory's animation.

Thank you! I'm going to work it up more and have the nexus logo look more like the stock android logo boot up that just says android. So the word nexus will have that shine effect scrolling across it.

01-05-2012 10:10 AM
    Thank you! I'm going to work it up more and have the nexus logo look more like the stock android logo boot up that just says android. So the word nexus will have that shine effect scrolling across it.

Sounds good! I'll be watching for changes.

01-05-2012 10:20 AM
    This turned out awesome, i showed my fiance' and she said "can you make my iPhone look that good?" haha
    01-05-2012 11:16 PM
    Tnt, I noticed this morning that there is a white line on the right of the picture, in the middle right. It looks like it wasn't centered. Am I crazy? Is anyone else seeing this?

01-07-2012 09:01 AM
    Can you post the stock boot animation also? I wanna try this out but i don't know how i would go about saving the stock animation.
    01-07-2012 11:43 AM
    Can you post the stock boot animation also? I wanna try this out but i don't know how i would go about saving the stock animation.
    I can throw it together tonight. If you have root explorer just go into system media and change the stock boot to bootanimation.bak and it will stay there when you flash any new boot. Then when you want stock back delete the new one and rename the stock to bootanination.apk.

01-07-2012 12:12 PM
    Tnt, I noticed this morning that there is a white line on the right of the picture, in the middle right. It looks like it wasn't centered. Am I crazy? Is anyone else seeing this?

Don't see it. I'll keep looking and try again.

01-07-2012 12:13 PM

I have the same line on the right side of my screen. All the way up against the bezel, right?
    01-07-2012 02:47 PM
    I have the same line on the right side of my screen. All the way up against the bezel, right?
    Yes.

01-07-2012 05:58 PM
    in
    /system
    /media

i have bootanimation.zip

do i rename that bootanimation.bak

and if i wanna reuse stock boot do i rename it back to .zip (original) or .apk
    01-07-2012 08:22 PM

After looking extremely close, I too noticed a faint white almost greenish line on the far right side in the middle. I would have never seen it if someone hadn't pointed it out and I'll probably never see it again if not reading this thread

I tried a few of these and I agree with Tnt that most are not very high quality (some are actually low quality) and some don't fit properly.
    That being said... A TARDIS boot animation!!! Yes Please!!!
    While its pretty poor quality, it fits screen fine and I really don't reboot my phone much for other people so I figure why not use one that makes me smile. And the TARDIS always makes me smile. If I could get the 10th Doctor Theme audio to play at the same time I would reboot my phone every 5 minutes.

Anyways, if you aren't a Whovian like me, definitely check out Tnt's. It really is great quality and that wallpaper is sick. I saw it earlier this evening in a post by Cyber and thought oh I need to steal that.
    I haven't even looked yet, but do you have that wallpaper file handy?
    01-07-2012 09:10 PM
    in
    /system
    /media

i have bootanimation.zip

do i rename that bootanimation.bak

and if i wanna reuse stock boot do i rename it back to .zip (original) or .apk
    My bad I was half asleep. It is .zip now. Change to .bak then flash new stuff. Then when you want stock back change from .bak to .zip. sorry about that.

anthony2558 likes this.
    01-07-2012 09:21 PM

Your right I see it now. Weird how its just that spot. The decs file and the image are set to the screen size. Strange how its just that one spot. When I work it up again I'll see what happens. Maybe I'll make it just a tad larger and see if it goes away.

01-07-2012 09:27 PM
    My bad I was half asleep. It is .zip now. Change to .bak then flash new stuff. Then when you want stock back change from .bak to .zip. sorry about that.

k thanks
    01-07-2012 11:12 PM
    mine just says android?? Was i supposed to flash in recovery first prior to renaming??

So i flashed it in recovery and it worked. Looks nice! To bright for me tho. So i deleted the file using root explorer and its still using your bootanimation even tho i still have the stock one .zip? do I have to reflash the stock one now?

So i re flashed what I thought was the stock one... and got an error. I think I deleated the stock by accd.

So i renamed yours .bak and now I ge the standered android boot animation.

Im kinda new to this stuff. I guess I should have renamed the stock bootanimation to .bak prior to flashing yours. it prob just overwrite it?

Anyone know where I can get the stock bootanimation from now..... lol.
    01-08-2012 12:04 AM
    Your right I see it now. Weird how its just that spot. The decs file and the image are set to the screen size. Strange how its just that one spot. When I work it up again I'll see what happens. Maybe I'll make it just a tad larger and see if it goes away.

Looking forward to it!

01-08-2012 12:10 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD