06-25-2015 11:00 AM
877 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    I am a noobie, got this to work one my 1st try. now the issue, which rom to get after I unlock and root. still need to do some reading on how to update the radio too.

xanth
    04-05-2012 06:38 AM
    awesome worked flawlessly, instructions were great
    04-05-2012 03:18 PM
    I have 1.3 and it works like a gem. Thanks a lot for all the hard work.
    Tom.
    04-09-2012 08:56 PM
    Ok so I took the plunge, I was able to get it to unlock, reset up everything gmail, apps, etc. I than tried to root, choose the red recovery power button, tried to use the vol to locate the file, no luck, the phone froze. Than I got the dead droid with red ! was able to reboot and have my phone work. any ideas where I went wrong? The su.xip file is on the phone.

thanks!
    04-16-2012 10:47 PM
    So for those who manually updated from Wug's (android 4.0.2) to the latest 4.0.4 release out there...could you give me a basic rundown of the steps you took?

- where's you grab 4.0.4?
    - what did you do to update? (basic steps, or link to instructions)

Thanks, appreciate it.
    04-18-2012 11:47 AM
    So for those who manually updated from Wug's (android 4.0.2) to the latest 4.0.4 release out there...could you give me a basic rundown of the steps you took?

- where's you grab 4.0.4?
    - what did you do to update? (basic steps, or link to instructions)

Thanks, appreciate it.
    If you want to keep root, you can flash this version of the 4.04 leak with root enabled:
    ROM[4.0.4][Odexed][SU][Busybox][3182012]just 404 here, like it leakeh - [CDMA] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki
    This gets flashed in recovery mode, if you know how to go about doing that. If you don't, you should read through CyberWarrior's [Guide] on making backups and flashing roms stickied in this subforum, it will teach you how and then some

If you want to go back to unrooted stock, I can find the file for you and give you instructions on how to do that if you prefer.
    dmmarck likes this.
    04-18-2012 04:46 PM
    Ok, so I figured it unlocked and rooted now.
    So where do I find links for 4.04 kernels for radio upgrade, kernels, etc, I tried a Google search but I guess I need to know what I am looking for. there is AOKP, CM, Liquid, and so on, and others I guess its personal choice at this point.

So if I install a new ROM do I have reset up all my info, I know the contacts will automatically be back, what about my apps, will it be like when I unlocked the phone and need to setup my emails, etc.

Thanks,
    Xanth
    04-19-2012 06:44 AM
    Wow. Just got my Nexus today after my Charge took a tumble and this toolkit is great.
    Thanks a bunch.
    That was a easy root. after I play around for a few more days I'l start playing with roms.l

Will donate on my next payday.
    04-22-2012 07:06 PM
    Ok, so I figured it unlocked and rooted now.
    So where do I find links for 4.04 kernels for radio upgrade, kernels, etc, I tried a Google search but I guess I need to know what I am looking for. there is AOKP, CM, Liquid, and so on, and others I guess its personal choice at this point.

So if I install a new ROM do I have reset up all my info, I know the contacts will automatically be back, what about my apps, will it be like when I unlocked the phone and need to setup my emails, etc.

Thanks,
    Xanth
    The rom threads are mainly over at rootzwiki in the galaxy nexus cdma developers thread.
    Same goes for the kernels and radios.
    04-22-2012 07:21 PM
    The rom threads are mainly over at rootzwiki in the galaxy nexus cdma developers thread.
    Same goes for the kernels and radios.
    OPK so I got 3 files, for Liquid ROM, liquid_ics 1.3, liquid_tuna ( extras) and I515 (radio) plugged my phone into usb and could not copy the files into the internal storage where the su.zip file is, so I made a folder called ROMS and was able to put them there.

do is really matter where the files are as long as I can find them when in recovery?

Thanks,
    04-23-2012 06:17 AM
    Will this put the stock recovery back on the phone as well? I have a replacement coming tomorrow and I need to revert this one back to 100% stock and I have CWM on my phone.
    04-23-2012 09:21 AM
    Wug, thanks for such a great tool, i have not decided to do it yet but i have a few questions first, i already unlocked the bootloader, will this tool work on a already unlocked phone?, when i bought the phone i had the "yakjuxw" version and changed it to "yakju" version to get the official updates from Google, will it work on my phone?, I have ICS version 4.0.4 with the new build number IMM76I just released by Google to fix the signal problems on GSM phones, will the tool work on my phone and ICS version? thanka a lot.
    04-23-2012 01:02 PM
    OPK so I got 3 files, for Liquid ROM, liquid_ics 1.3, liquid_tuna ( extras) and I515 (radio) plugged my phone into usb and could not copy the files into the internal storage where the su.zip file is, so I made a folder called ROMS and was able to put them there.

do is really matter where the files are as long as I can find them when in recovery?

Thanks,
    No it doesnt matter as long as you remember where they are

i usually put them in the download folder bc half the time i dl them straight from the phone browser anyway, so it keeps me organized.
    04-23-2012 01:15 PM
    Will this put the stock recovery back on the phone as well? I have a replacement coming tomorrow and I need to revert this one back to 100% stock and I have CWM on my phone.
    When you flash the stock image 4.02 it should include the stock recovery.

After that you can lock the bootloader back up and you're good.
    04-23-2012 01:17 PM
    Ok took the plunge tonight, not as bad as I thought it would be, just a lot of time resetting ring tones, email accounts, etc, (unless I missed a step or something like using the back up file??) I did the Liquid Smooth 1.3 and the extras file too. Phone makes calls and receives, I get emails, gapps working. Think I am good to go.
    Inserted a screenshot of "about phone" can someone check and make its correct.

Thanks to all that put sooo much time into this. Only issue as I write this is there seems to be a lag sometimes when I try to slide the lock on the main screen.
    Also I can not use explorer in XP to see the files inside the GN. Maybe a PC reboot might do the trick?

Xanth
    04-23-2012 09:13 PM
    All right guys. Complete rooting noob here. I would love to delve into the world but I cannot get my computer to stop automatically installing the GNex's drivers so I cannot use this awesome toolkit. Any advice?
    04-23-2012 09:43 PM
    Ok, so I set this up on my computer about a month ago, but didn't unlock and root the phone in anticipation of an update. As it appears the update will happen God knows when, I figure I'll go ahead and take the plunge. Before I do though, I have a question....

I installed the drivers (which was a pain in and of itself), and everything appears to be working correctly. The tool kit sees the phone both ADB phone on, and in fastboot (shows the string of numbers, and either "device" or "fastboot").....however....when I go into device manager with the phone on, it shows the phone as: SAMSUNG Android Phone, and under that SAMSUNG ADB Interface. So far, so good. Under THAT, however are six "unknown devices" with the little yellow triangle/exclamation point.

I just want to make sure everything can talk to who it's supposed to before I try to unlock and root this thing. Am I good to go seeing as how the phone lists in both ADB and Fastboot when I use the Quick Tools section of the tool kit, or do I have an issue I need to take care of prior to messing with the phone?

Sorry to sound like such a n00b. I've only rooted one other phone (my Droid 2), so I'm working on limited experience.

Thanks,

Evan
    04-24-2012 06:18 PM
    Ok, so I set this up on my computer about a month ago, but didn't unlock and root the phone in anticipation of an update. As it appears the update will happen God knows when, I figure I'll go ahead and take the plunge. Before I do though, I have a question....

I installed the drivers (which was a pain in and of itself), and everything appears to be working correctly. The tool kit sees the phone both ADB phone on, and in fastboot (shows the string of numbers, and either "device" or "fastboot").....however....when I go into device manager with the phone on, it shows the phone as: SAMSUNG Android Phone, and under that SAMSUNG ADB Interface. So far, so good. Under THAT, however are six "unknown devices" with the little yellow triangle/exclamation point.

I just want to make sure everything can talk to who it's supposed to before I try to unlock and root this thing. Am I good to go seeing as how the phone lists in both ADB and Fastboot when I use the Quick Tools section of the tool kit, or do I have an issue I need to take care of prior to messing with the phone?

Sorry to sound like such a n00b. I've only rooted one other phone (my Droid 2), so I'm working on limited experience.

Thanks,

Evan
    You should be good. I did mine yesterday cause I had to get a outplacement device and it worked like a charm and I had the save thing you are describing in my device manager.

Oh and i can't stress this enough be patient and backup your "SD card" it will be totally erased...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    zero neck likes this.
    04-25-2012 12:53 PM
    I know this is a stupid question and I apologize in advance...

I am trying to do the back and it is asking for my "device encryption password"
    Where do I find that?
    04-25-2012 04:53 PM
    I'm useless....can't even get past the drivers stage...Im going to be stuck on 4.0.2 foreveahhhhh
    04-26-2012 07:31 AM
    I'm useless....can't even get past the drivers stage...Im going to be stuck on 4.0.2 foreveahhhhh
    Yeah, it took me a while to get them configured as well. I had to follow the directions on the first page to a tee. Once I did exactly what it said to do, it was no problem.
    04-26-2012 07:42 AM
    Yeah, it took me a while to get them configured as well. I had to follow the directions on the first page to a tee. Once I did exactly what it said to do, it was no problem.
    Same. The fastboot drivers gave me issues; had to do the "direct it to the folder" thing to get it to work.
    04-26-2012 11:54 AM
    Same here.. as I'm sure it was for a lot of people. 2 hours of frustration getting the drivers to work and 15 minutes to actually perform them

Best advice...as frustrating as it is, don't give up.. you'll eventually figure it out.
    zero neck likes this.
    04-26-2012 12:00 PM
    Same here.. as I'm sure it was for a lot of people. 2 hours of frustration getting the drivers to work and 15 minutes to actually perform them

Best advice...as frustrating as it is, don't give up.. you'll eventually figure it out.
    Yup. I did it on my fiancee's HP, and to this day there are still popups to configure the drivers and such.

Ahh Windows, how silly you are. I get so relieved when the device ID/numbers appears and I no longer have to choose the "no" option lol.
    04-26-2012 12:02 PM
    Wug, thanks for such a great tool, i have not decided to do it yet but i have a few questions first, i already unlocked the bootloader, will this tool work on a already unlocked phone?, when i bought the phone i had the "yakjuxw" version and changed it to "takju" version to get the official updates from Google, will it work on my phone?, I have ICS version 4.0.4 with the new build number IMM76I just released by Google to fix the signal problems on GSM phones, will the tool work on my phone and ICS version? thanka a lot.
    04-26-2012 01:40 PM
877 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD