[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

skidiver

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit

So what about us that have unlocked but not rooted. Will the option to unlock and root still work or will we need to root manually still?

Same question here... I don't want to wipe out the phone again if not necessary.

Thanks for the work!

EDIT: Oops... should've finished reading the thread before posting. Sorry for the noob move.

Whetzel

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Here is another mirror people can use.
http://goo.gl/vJP2Q

I don't suggest people use this link.

Untitled.png

Reactions: henryswu

Whetzel

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Ive been using hotfile for years now. Never had any issues. My appologies.
I'll double check it.

I've used hotfile in the past, but never had that pop up before.

Maybe it's just me. Don't know. If it is, sorry.

Maybe someone else could check it out.

vinny jr

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

Very impressive. Always rooted my Nexus phones the long route, this is one Slick tool. Everything right there. Great Job.

RawisTheGameHhH

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

its working great so far; I am currently in the reboot loop and as I am typing its ready to go; all thats left to do is to root it!

worked great; thank you!

Last edited:

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

Oh man I've been hoping someone would come up with an easier method to root. TY TY TY! :cool:

youngmecca

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Not working at all for me, two speedbumps are occuring:
1) When I reboot into bootloader, the toolkit says to select 'Yes' and I don't have that option. Do you mean 'Start?'
2) When I do select start, the phone reboots, a windows error pops up that device drivers were not successfully configured, and the phone just simply boots to the home screen. I have installed the drivers via the toolkit, ran the auto-configuration, and this happens every time. Win7/64.

hcamposjr7

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

im already unlocked so wen im at that option it wont let me root it goes into bootloader then gets stuck at waiting for device

darkhawk#AC

May 29, 2011
Visit site

I don't suggest people use this link.

Click to view quoted image

I downloaded the file, and it checks out as far as the CRC and MD5 hash's. I don't think there is anything wrong with that file, it's just your Antivirus providing a false positive, which judging by the fact that it is norton, makes alot of sense. Their antivirus has gotten better over the years, but it's still pretty crappy.

I'll be testing out this file later anyway, once I finish getting my nexus ready to root.

NYPAC

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Total noob here sorry, been using GN since release. Bought it to try some more advanced stuff on Android. When using this method, does it get rid of everything I have done over the last month to the phone? Does it keep files/photos/music on the phone? Does it reset back to the way it was when I picked the phone, only now rooted and unlocked?

thx

hcamposjr7

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

i just re locked my phone then unlocked it rooted it but for some reason wen i go to recovery to install su it brings me into android recovery not cwm