[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

schnob

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.3 (Updated 1/2

I still have not been able to get past the driver stage. I've scoured the internet clean and when I plug my nexus in it still installs the drivers.
Assistance?

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I still have not been able to get past the driver stage. I've scoured the internet clean and when I plug my nexus in it still installs the drivers.
Assistance?

In one of the first posts he gives a way top stop the drivers from automatically updating...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

schnob

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I did tell windows that I never want it to install updates, but now when I try to input the Wugs drivers it says the data is invalid.
Also, it still shows up as in portable devices as a Galaxy nexus and in other devices as an unknown device.

EDIT: When I try the secondary method it also says the data is invalid.

schnob

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I successfully unlocked, rooted and got 4.0.4 running today, finally. However, now when I try to back up a ROM with ROM Manager Superuser denies permission. How can I fix this?

ctav01

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Sorry if this has been resolved before but I installed the Toolkit v.13 on my Windows 7 machine and clicked the drivers button like the instructions say and eventually got a window that said something about this version of the software not working on this computer but the window disappeared before I could read the whole thing.

I guess I had something working at some point because I was able to backup my apps but I messed something up because now my phone shows the Android with his chest open and a Start arrow but I can't get it to do anything.

And when I try the drivers button again, it says that the Samsung USB drivers are installed and do I want to install anyway. If I say yes, I eventually get the "won't work" window.

Any suggestions?

Hauntcub

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

Hi. First time rooting a phone. Got through everything up to downloading the ROM manager from the market. Then I get this: you must root your phone for ROM manager to function. Superuser was not found at "/system/bin/su" or "/system/xbin/su." Use Google search on your computer to find instructions to root your phone. If I hit okay and use Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, I get An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands! Any ideas?:mad:

Postscript- figured out what I did wrong. What's the easiest way to get the latest OS?

Last edited:

jheylin

May 1, 2012
Visit site

I get all the way until ROM Manager. When I click "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" it says I need to have ClockworkMod Recovery installed. When I click it it says "ROM Manager is not responding."

Just got the unlocked Galaxy Nexus straight from Google. Unlocked it again, rooted it, everything went fine. Now what?

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I get all the way until ROM Manager. When I click "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" it says I need to have ClockworkMod Recovery installed. When I click it it says "ROM Manager is not responding."

Just got the unlocked Galaxy Nexus straight from Google. Unlocked it again, rooted it, everything went fine. Now what?

Sounds like it's not getting the proper permissions from superuser and it's timing out. Had that happen once...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

new official IMM76K breaks root and WUG's toolkit doesn't seem to restore it :(

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

try a reboot?

or erase rom manager and try dl'ing again.

or flash recovery with fastboot (a little more complicated but you can be walked thru it).

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

yep, bootloader is still unlocked and rom manager is still installed. superuser, titanium and all of the other rooted apps however are insisting that i'm not rooted

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

yep, bootloader is still unlocked and rom manager is still installed. superuser, titanium and all of the other rooted apps however are insisting that i'm not rooted

ok well put the su.zip on your sd card, and try to manually boot to cwm - turn off the phone, then boot up with vol up, vol down and power all held together. then scroll down with vol keys to reocvery and select with power.

if you can get in there, flash the su.zip to get root back.

if you can't get in there, you can boot recovery mode thru fastboot/adb and that should allow us to get you root back.

Reactions: indianajonze

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Not that one. Use THIS one. That one is old and not prepped for 4.0.4 (IIRC). The one I linked--that exact file--has been confirmed to root your brand new 4.0.4 device by several users.

Also, you'll need to recover your recovery, either through booting it via fastboot or DELETING the recovery folder in your zip, and rezipping with 0/no compression.

Reactions: Cory4ou

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Not that one. Use THIS one. That one is old and not prepped for 4.0.4 (IIRC). The one I linked--that exact file--has been confirmed to root your brand new 4.0.4 device by several users.

Also, you'll need to recover your recovery, either through booting it via fastboot or DELETING the recovery folder in your zip, and rezipping with 0/no compression.

ok that file worked, it looks like i'm rooted again. not understanding the 2nd part though about recovering the recovery. what is that for? just flashing the su.zip file by itself seems to work...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

ok that file worked, it looks like i'm rooted again. not understanding the 2nd part though about recovering the recovery. what is that for? just flashing the su.zip file by itself seems to work...

Essentially if you ran into an issue where CWM didn't stick, you would need to get it back in order to flash the SU.zip. Not necessarily for yourself, but others who run into Status 7 errors and the like.

Reactions: indianajonze

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

So is this the file I need to install to get Recovery back? I will need to use the toolkit to flash recovery and download it from SD?
Sorry, total NOOB questions. I just want my root fully back with recovery and don't want a borked phone.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

So is this the file I need to install to get Recovery back? I will need to use the toolkit to flash recovery and download it from SD?
Sorry, total NOOB questions. I just want my root fully back with recovery and don't want a borked phone.

Not necessarily recovery--root access. Use a GNex Tool/or this toolkit (I believe you can temp flash recovery--but make sure you use the latest, so download the image linked in the guide for the touch one and place it in the folder where the fastboot.exe is) or use zero's commands for temporarily booting into CWM (second set of instructions in my guide). Then flash this.

If your CWM recovery is still there, then simply place this on the SDcard, reboot into recovery, and flash this package and root will be achieved. The older SU package is outdated, at least with regards to 4.0.4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance