[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.3 (Updated 1/2

and i'm re-rooted! thanks so much guys. dmmarck and zero neck, you rock!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

and i'm re-rooted! thanks so much guys. dmmarck and zero neck, you rock!

You still have CWM, correct? Double check if you can. I want to see if CWM wasn't usurped by the stock recovery contained in the patch.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

yep, CWM 5.5.0.4 up and running

Excellent. OK, so that confirms you don't necessarily need to delete that folder. Good stuff, thanks I appreciate it. You followed my guide, correct?

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Excellent. OK, so that confirms you don't necessarily need to delete that folder. Good stuff, thanks I appreciate it. You followed my guide, correct?

yes.

1) unlocked and rooted device brought back to 100% stock 4.0.2.
2) downloaded IMM76K, rebooted into recovery flashed the update file, rebooted to 4.0.4, still unlocked but now un-rooted.
3) installed the su.zip file provided (NOT the Superuser 3.0.7 file as that didn't work), flashed via recovery, rebooted and was rooted again.
4) reflashed recovery to 5.5.0.4 for good measure
5) updated superuser binary to 3.0.3.2
6) enjoying life

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

yes.

1) unlocked and rooted device brought back to 100% stock 4.0.2.
2) downloaded IMM76K, rebooted into recovery flashed the update file, rebooted to 4.0.4, still unlocked but now un-rooted.
3) installed the su.zip file provided (NOT the Superuser 3.0.7 file as that didn't work), flashed via recovery, rebooted and was rooted again.
4) reflashed recovery to 5.5.0.4 for good measure
5) updated superuser binary to 3.0.3.2
6) enjoying life

Thank you. If you don't mind, can you post this in the update thread? I appreciate having the folks see a bona fide success story ;).

gimpyestrada

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Bugreport: If you let the installer add itself to the Windows PATH it will overwrite anything that was already there.

You need to append to the path not replace the path!

ggamannom

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

i'm having a problem where the program tells me i'm rooted, i know for sure i'm unlocked. The confusion is from the program saying that I'm rooted but TitaniumBackup and RootChecker both telling me that I'm not actually rooted... is there any way to check this to make sure that I'm rooted or unrooted?

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

is this after the 4.0.4 install? if so you need to flash the modified su.zip file. it's located a page or two back

ggamannom

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

is this after the 4.0.4 install? if so you need to flash the modified su.zip file. it's located a page or two back
yup, i tried it but still no luck. Do i just replace the su file and jump straight to the rooting part or do i have to lock the bootloader and start over?
---------
nvm guys i got it to work! Just replaced the su file in the C: drive "root folder" and went into ROM Manager and flashed, then went into recovery mode FROM the ROM Manager then flashed the su.zip again. Thanks!

Last edited:

ctrl-z

May 3, 2012
Visit site

WooHoo!! first post and a big thank you guys. This is my first time getting a phone to root. I tried on an old hero and never got it to take root. So I started working on this last Friday, after the new ota update. I fought it and fought it, but could not get it to take. Unlocking it was a breeze but no unlock. I wondered if the update might have something to do with it. I decided to give the pros a few days to see what had changed and would try again. Well here I am rooted.

Thanks again guys.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

yup, i tried it but still no luck. Do i just replace the su file and jump straight to the rooting part or do i have to lock the bootloader and start over?

well your bootloader should still be unlocked. check that first. if it is, then make sure you put the modified su.zip file into your sd card folder. this is critical, the regular su.zip file doesn't work. once you do this, flash it via recovery. you should be good to go.

if your bootloader was relocked then you have a different problem than what i had. i'd try unlocking the bootloader and rooting again using the toolkit and then using the steps i outlined above. either way, the modified su.zip file is critical

Reactions: zero neck

wickets

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I wish one of you techies would start a website/service that non tech people like myself could sign in, connect our phones to a pc, get the latest and greatest software downloaded/rooted/whatevah, click a pay button and be on our merry way...win/win for every one and their poor mothers :)

djgdroid

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

First post,,Thanks for the easy to use toolbox. I've got it unlocked and rooted :) I just purchased my galaxy nexus last week from Verizon. I have not looked around for a good Rom but I was wondering,,,my phone is still at 4.0.2. I keep checking for updates,, but then I thought 'do I have to unroot to get an OTA update?' I see others have 4.0.4 already. Can I install 4.0.4 from somewhere or do I have to find a Rom with it? Thanks for any help

brackett5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site

Ok I tried this method and got to the drivers and it kept saying I didnt have the right ones i would need to manually install. I go to do this followed all the stops and I cant get my laptop to stop auto installing the drivers. I di the cmd part and listed I ididnt want it to auto download drivers on windows updates. it was that or download the better driver or download them. Will the long way to root still work??

revmo10

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Hi. Thank you for your easy to use software. I'm a newbie and I want to make sure I am doing this correctly. I did everything your instructions said and it worked. Then I upgraded to 4.04. Now I'm backing it up using root toolkit 1.3 and it won't save the download file as an "ab" file type. It only saves it as a "file". When I try to restore, this file doesn't show up to use as a restore. Please help.

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

with the su you posed to got root to stick but cant seen to get cwm recovery to stick

i keep reverting to stock recovery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs