[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

ukcatsb4hawks

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit

Not working at all for me, two speedbumps are occuring:
1) When I reboot into bootloader, the toolkit says to select 'Yes' and I don't have that option. Do you mean 'Start?'
2) When I do select start, the phone reboots, a windows error pops up that device drivers were not successfully configured, and the phone just simply boots to the home screen. I have installed the drivers via the toolkit, ran the auto-configuration, and this happens every time. Win7/64.

i'm having same problem!! HELP!

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

I was having the same issues as everyone else and not seeing the option for 'Yes'. I followed the updated FAQ from the OP and I can now say that I am unlocked and rooted.

Thanks for taking the time to do this for all of us who didn't want to go through the manual process. Donation will be on it's way shortly.

SRP2002WRX

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

when i go to do the procedure to push root through cwm, i get an android lying down with a red triangle over its open belly. Everything else seems to have gone fine, any ideas?

youngmecca

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Still no luck here. The command prompt says the drivers are configured properly, but I don't have the same setup as the FAQ suggests (my device manager doesn't have a 'android 1.0' device listed) No "yes" option in the bootloader, my options are power off, recovery mode, restart, and start. Start just boots the phone as normal and nothing changes.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

[NOTE]NEW VERSION BEING RELEASED TODAY-v1.1
Should fix the problems some of you are having + new features

Originally Posted by WugFresh....

I have been coding all night.. I need to catch some zzzz's.. now before I finish this up. But I should certainly have this done later today. Most of the code is complete. I figured out why some of you were having that glitch where unlock wouldn't work. I am confident you all will have more luck with this release.

I also decided to remove the automated driver configuration, and instead include a picture reference guide of exactly how to configure it... for multiple different scenario's. So depending on what your driver situation is.. you should be able to refer to the screen shots I took, to get it going. I am am still working on XP instructions.. I thought I could get away with testing it out through an XP VM.. but it didn't work. So I have to make an xp partition, and then do it that way.

GSM version will be released today as well! I finally found a good reference!

That's all for now. I will post back later with the new release. Now for some rest..

{{ WugFresh }}
[/NOTE]

SNEAK PREVIEW
677-wugs-galaxy-nexus-root-toolkit-sneakpreview_gnexrtkv1.1.jpg

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for this .. Worked like a charm for me. I think the issues people may be having with the drivers is not letting them load completely before going to the next step. I had to wait for the drivers to load after each reboot like it was a brand new device. Other than that it went flawlessly. Now bring on CM9!

Neutrino

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for this .. Worked like a charm for me. I think the issues people may be having with the drivers is not letting them load completely before going to the next step. I had to wait for the drivers to load after each reboot like it was a brand new device. Other than that it went flawlessly. Now bring on CM9!

Can you clarify, Captain? I completed the first step (SDK+Drivers), I start the next step to unlock and unroot, and get my GN to the boot loader screen. That screen shows my GN as locked and gives me options to enter recovery mode, start up, and shut down. No option to unlock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sseymour

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone else had an issue getting the phone to boot into recovery for the first time to install the su file? Mine unlocks fine and installs all of the software but on the very last step where you just have to install the su through recovery, my phone tries to boot and just comes up with an adroid lying on its back with a red triangle with an exclamation point. It sits like that for about 5 minutes then reboots the system and starts up as normal without letting me finish root!

HEEEELLLLPPP!!!

I'm normally pretty good with this. I rooted my tbolt in like 10 minutes no problem.

jamesrmca1

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site

I having a small issue on this. I already have SDK and ADB on my desktop. I have done this install, but when it goes to install the driver, I get a message indicating there is already a Samsung Driver for Mobile Device on my machine, do I want to install anyway. I install it and the SKD goes to the folder (I have 2 on the system now with SKD) that is created by this install. Now when I initiate root and unlock, it finds the device and gives me the number, I chose 1 since it sees it, then it immediately goes to the driver install. No matter what I do, (ex let it automatically set it up, I try to use the Samsung folder that the drivers are in), the system doesn't see the driver, however, my desktop always sees it the phone as soon as it is connected by USB as an ADB device. So, I can't finish the install, because it won't find and load the driver..any help is greatly appreciated. As well, I am doing this on a desktop with XP.
Jim

Last edited:

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Cyber, have a couple of questions for you and would like your guidance on. I have rooted my devices before and every device has been done in a different process. Most time I have performed them either on Windows XP/Vista for rooting and nan-unlocked the devices. I have been reading over a couple these How To's and trying to choose the one that works for me.

Here is my situation, I have both the Nexus and the Rezound both and I am prepping to unlock & root both devices. What I needed to ask is in my situation should I download the android-SDK to the top root of my computer and download each process for unlocking/rooting each device separately. Or can I use Wug's Rootkit on my Nexus and then proceed separately with the HTCdev unlock or the Rezound.

The next question is I have always done this processes via XP/Vista and this be my first time doing it on my Windows7 64-Bit. Would I run these programs in Administrative mode everytime to begin each new program.

Last question on this I notice with the recovery mode there has been questions posted in regards to a temp recovery and a permanent recovery mode from your other guide to Unlock & Root. Will this provide permanent recovery or does that certain file need to still be changed to achieve permanent recovery mode.

Thanks for any help Cyber or anyone can respond to this.

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

so... is this something safe for a noob ( like myself)?

If I can do it, so can you and I did it. Be patient, read everyone's comments on here so you're prepared should you come across any of the similar issues as I did.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang