[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.3 (Updated 08/18/12

I am trying to unroot and return to stock because I have to return my phone to verizon. after clicking on 'flash stock and unroot' it downloaded what appeared to be the files needed and a box that says 'checking ADB status' appears. however, it is not moving on past this point. does anyone know what is going on? any help would be great :)

Not sure.. could be a driver issue. I suggest trying to accomplish the restore manually following the Factory Images thread.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Yes I do have debugging enabled and when I plug the phone in my computer is able to see it. I checked device manager and it seems as though I have all the drivers in place.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes I do have debugging enabled and when I plug the phone in my computer is able to see it. I checked device manager and it seems as though I have all the drivers in place.

Is the phone still on the home screen if yes. Try closing the toolkit and starting over

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

I figured out what the issue was and I am posting this so everyone else who runs into this issue will know how to fix it....

WUG updated his toolkit yesterday 8/18, and to properly restore and relock you need to redownload the updated version of the toolkit. All I did was delete the old toolkit and install the new toolkit and it worked perfectly for me. hope this helps someone else out.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I figured out what the issue was and I am posting this so everyone else who runs into this issue will know how to fix it....

WUG updated his toolkit yesterday 8/18, and to properly restore and relock you need to redownload the updated version of the toolkit. All I did was delete the old toolkit and install the new toolkit and it worked perfectly for me. hope this helps someone else out.

Ahh good to know glad you got it figured out

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus

Jamfiya

May 8, 2012
Visit site

so i get it to unlock and when i go into root it it goes through all the steps then gets stuck at "waiting for your device to finish booting back up..." and my phone just sits there in bootloader mode and doesn't reboot. i try to restart it and none of the files are there. any suggestions? (drivers were all installed properly, tested them and everything, so i know that's not the issue)

Edit: i actually got it to work after just trying multiple times. my only issue now is it is not restoring from the backup i have. it will go for awhile and then just stop. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
so i get it to unlock and when i go into root it it goes through all the steps then gets stuck at "waiting for your device to finish booting back up..." and my phone just sits there in bootloader mode and doesn't reboot. i try to restart it and none of the files are there. any suggestions? (drivers were all installed properly, tested them and everything, so i know that's not the issue)

Edit: i actually got it to work after just trying multiple times. my only issue now is it is not restoring from the backup i have. it will go for awhile and then just stop. Any suggestions?

If you read the prompt it recommends that you enable Airplane mode first. Try that and see if it helps.

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

RRP5

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Connecting Google Nexus 7 to Windows XP Laptop: Debuggin Mode Active and MTP Driver Required

Antonio said this, and I replied below. Can someone post the required MTP driver?

Antonio on August 17, 2012 at 3:32 pm said:
Oooops: Media Transfer Protocol no longer available with WMP 11, and not downloadable from MS website (message: We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.).
I can’t connect my new-bought Nexus to my PC XP.
Maybe through a USB stick. Ah… no. ASUS has decided it was superfluous.

Is there anyone who want to buy a second-hand 1 day old Nexus 7?
RRP on August 22, 2012 at 9:10 pm said:
Antonio has it right, Microsoft took the MTP driver down. Can someone upload it. I think Google is fighting to keep people from rooting their Nexus 7 so a USB stick can be recognized using the mini USB port. Don’t be evil … Google.

gixxer1kdaddy

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site

encryted my phone last night. fell asleep during the process. i woke up to a password screen and entered the password i had set up earlier. password is not recognized so now i cant restore to a backup because the sd card will not mount. i hope using this toolkit will rectify the situation. what do you think?

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

A great app!!!! you should have a Web Page and a fixed download site

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Thank you. I do have a web page: wugfresh.com

I use Softpedia to host the download because the file size is so large and because all other free hosting sites I have tried to use couldn't handle to download traffic. I can't afford to pay for dedicated file hosting that would be as fast as sofpedia's links, so thats what I plan on using for now. The app has an in-built updater now so it should be easier to get updates. You can set the program to look for updates on each run by setting that option in the options menu, or you can use the Help > About... menu item, which will trigger the program to check for updates.

I plan on updating my website as much as possible to provide more relevant up to date information. If you have suggestions for how I could make my website better please send me a PM.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Connecting Google Nexus 7 to Windows XP Laptop: Debuggin Mode Active and MTP Driver Required

Antonio said this, and I replied below. Can someone post the required MTP driver?

Antonio on August 17, 2012 at 3:32 pm said:
Oooops: Media Transfer Protocol no longer available with WMP 11, and not downloadable from MS website (message: We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.).
I can?t connect my new-bought Nexus to my PC XP.
Maybe through a USB stick. Ah? no. ASUS has decided it was superfluous.

Is there anyone who want to buy a second-hand 1 day old Nexus 7?
RRP on August 22, 2012 at 9:10 pm said:
Antonio has it right, Microsoft took the MTP driver down. Can someone upload it. I think Google is fighting to keep people from rooting their Nexus 7 so a USB stick can be recognized using the mini USB port. Don?t be evil ? Google.

You posted this on my site too.. I sent you an email about it. I have no idea what you are talking about, or why you seem to be talking in third person?

Please try rephrasing this into a question and I will try and help.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

encryted my phone last night. fell asleep during the process. i woke up to a password screen and entered the password i had set up earlier. password is not recognized so now i cant restore to a backup because the sd card will not mount. i hope using this toolkit will rectify the situation. what do you think?

To restore your device back to stock, just use the "Flash Stock + Unroot" button with the option "Can't boot up", it will explain how to boot your device into bootloader mode and then take care of the rest.

{{ WugFresh }}

phenixdragon

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

With 1.5.3, I notice that the CWM recovery option is not listed for rooting. With the new custom recovery option, how does this work exactly? Or how can I get CWM installed with it?

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
With 1.5.3, I notice that the CWM recovery option is not listed for rooting. With the new custom recovery option, how does this work exactly? Or how can I get CWM installed with it?

Look in the options menu. The toolkit utilizes TWRP instead by default because it has more features and allows for the automation of recovery procedures via openrecoveryscript, extending the capabilites of the toolkit. That said, if you really want to use CWM instead, you can select that option in the options menu.. And you will have the same limited feature set as past toolkit versions.

{{ WugFresh }}

phenixdragon

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Look in the options menu. The toolkit utilizes TWRP instead by default because it has more features and allows for the automation of recovery procedures via openrecoveryscript, extending the capabilites of the toolkit. That said, if you really want to use CWM instead, you can select that option in the options menu.. And you will have the same limited feature set as past toolkit versions.

{{ WugFresh }}

Okay cool. I had not even notice the option menu.

Stinyo

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site

I followed the NRT v1.5.3's directions to a tee and everything worked very well. The drivers were installed successfully, backing up was successful, unlocking and rooting were as well. Now I'm trying to restore my .ab file from the NRT and it's a no go. The restore comes up, reboots, starts restoring, gets through two or three apps and then disappears on my Nexus 7 - it goes to the home screen. The dialog on my laptop still says it's restoring for awhile, then after a couple of minutes it says "Process Finished!"

I've tried restarting my laptop, restarting my Nexus 7, un/reinstalling the NRT, messing with the debugging option, changing the model type in NRT, changing the custom recovery in options, renaming the file and running NRT as admin. I'm running Windows 7 32bit, and I saved the .ab in c://program files/Nexus 7 Backup. When I run the restore, I do what it says (airplane mode, unlock, do it quickly, type PW, even tried minimizing the keyboard while it restored...) and it just crashes.. The apps it gets through restoring work..

Anyone have a fix to this? I have a delightfully rooted device, but can't restore it and that's sad.

com.adobe.air is the app it's restoring when it crashes.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

mikeew83

May 6, 2011
Visit site

i am having issues in unlocking i click to unllock ive backed up everything and it reboots in to the download mode screen then says something about connecting to adb and will not continue keeps giving me stupid screen about oem cord or drivers which ive done...

familia5az

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
When relocking and unrooting, going back to ICS, do I need to reinstall ICS bootloader or will Wugs toolkit handle everything to get me back to stock?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums