[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Please Help: Unable to run NRT_v1.5.3.sfx.exe on Windows 7

System Details:
Windows 7
Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Quad CPU Q800 @ 2.50 GHh
RAM 8GB
64 Bit Operating System

I downloaded the file NRT_v1.5.3.sfx.exe and installed it to directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development

After the installation was finished the application does not start. I got the following error message.

An instance of Nexus Root Toolkit is already Running. OK.

I clicked on the File : NexusRootToolkit.exe" and get the message above. I looking in the Task Manager and no process named NexusRootToolkit.exe is running.

I then try to uninstall the software. Although i see the uninstallation in progress however it did not remove the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\WugFresh Development and all the files are still existing there.

Has anyone faced the same problem and can anyone please advise on how to get this fixed ?

Thanks in advance.

tjohnston201

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.3 (Updated 08/18/12

for some reason it can't install drivers into my phone, anytime I try to install ANY driver, says device can not start, or drivers can not be installed, this happens on multiple computers ant NOT just mine, quite frustrating, I have a galaxy samsung nexus

BringMeBack9801

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

So, I've been having a really strange issue occurring that leads to me to think my Gnex is officially bricked, but let me know what you guys think. I've tried everything from Wug's toolkit, dmmarck's writeup, to ODIN to get my Nexus back and running, but everything fails. What happened was I was running AOKP JB Build 1 and everything was working fine until I rebooted one day and all hell broke loose. First I thought I was stuck in a boot loop (there are a lot of threads about this related to JB), because I got stuck at the Google screen for 10 minutes. The screen went black after that, though, and never came back on. So I rebooted into bootloader, went to recovery, and I got hit with tons of errors, mainly in the form of "E: Can't mount/open cache/recovery/command or log/last log" and it was also throwing I/O errors at the bottom. Additionally, it told me it couldn't mount the SD card or any contents from it.

After all these errors, I tried using Wug's Toolkit, dmmarck's write up, and ODIN to unroot and relock. Everything worked successfully using each method, but the result is always the same - Google screen for 20-30 seconds, screen goes black, driver installation error, and it doesn't turn back on unless you reboot into the bootloader.

Additional info about device:

- Toro Gnex
- Latest version of Clockworkmod with TWRP touch recovery
- Hardware version 9
- Primela03 bootloader
- FC04 and FC05 radios

Any help whatsoever is appreciated.

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
So, I've been having a really strange issue occurring that leads to me to think my Gnex is officially bricked, but let me know what you guys think. I've tried everything from Wug's toolkit, dmmarck's writeup, to ODIN to get my Nexus back and running, but everything fails. What happened was I was running AOKP JB Build 1 and everything was working fine until I rebooted one day and all hell broke loose. First I thought I was stuck in a boot loop (there are a lot of threads about this related to JB), because I got stuck at the Google screen for 10 minutes. The screen went black after that, though, and never came back on. So I rebooted into bootloader, went to recovery, and I got hit with tons of errors, mainly in the form of "E: Can't mount/open cache/recovery/command or log/last log" and it was also throwing I/O errors at the bottom. Additionally, it told me it couldn't mount the SD card or any contents from it.

After all these errors, I tried using Wug's Toolkit, dmmarck's write up, and ODIN to unroot and relock. Everything worked successfully using each method, but the result is always the same - Google screen for 20-30 seconds, screen goes black, driver installation error, and it doesn't turn back on unless you reboot into the bootloader.

Additional info about device:

- Toro Gnex
- Latest version of Clockworkmod with TWRP touch recovery
- Hardware version 9
- Primela03 bootloader
- FC04 and FC05 radios

Any help whatsoever is appreciated.

You might just want to add me on gchat and hit me up. The next time I am free I will help you troubleshoot, then if we figure it out, you can post what you did here.

{{ WugFresh }}

familia5az

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Do I need to flash ICS boot loader prior to using Wugs toolkit to go back to unlocked / unrooted stock ICS?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Do I need to flash ICS boot loader prior to using Wugs toolkit to go back to unlocked / unrooted stock ICS?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

If the toolkit indeed flashes the factory images then they include the bootloader as well, so no, you should be fine.

grandam3400

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I havent read all 28 pages, but I did search all over and havent found my answer.

I backed everything up, then unlocked. I think my phone has alwasy been unlocked, because its always had the google unlock screen on boot-up. I bought it from someone about 3 months ago.

The I proceeded to try the Root process, but got to the TWRP screen, and it didnt do anything. I waited more than 5mins, and then I had to quit.

Was I supposed to wait longer?
What should I have done at this screen?
How do I know if the phone was already rooted?

-Thanks in advance!

BringMeBack9801

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Alright, I used the toolkit to instal the drivers, and I made it to step 3 and got the "success" message, but, strangely, I kept getting error messages popping up in my Windows taskbar saying driver installation failed. So, am I safe to proceed with unlocking/rooting, or do I need to redo these drivers again?

Bnails21

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I used the toolkit to instal the drivers, and I made it to step 3 and got the "success" message, but, strangely, I kept getting error messages popping up in my Windows taskbar saying driver installation failed. So, am I safe to proceed with unlocking/rooting, or do I need to redo these drivers again?

Read the instructions above the diagram when you are installing the drivers. I believe the error msg is normal. It took me three times before I recognized that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I just unrooted, relocked, unlocked and re-rooted - all went fine. I am now trying to restore my data/media backup I made yesterday in preparation. It's been an hour and nothing has been restored (still showing all my storage space is available). I didn't think the restore would only take 10-20 min. like the screen says, but I'm wondering if this is abnormal. If so, can I safely unplug my phone and try again? Thank you!

jaydot33

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I understand that several folks have asked this question in the first page but I don't think anyone explained HOW they did it. If they did I apologize in advance for the repost.

I currently updated my device the 4.1.1 over the weekend (JRO03O) and went to update the binary in SU only to have it tell me that I do not have root access. My bootloader says it is unlocked and I was under the impression that I was rooted but apparently not ^ ^;

So being that my bootloader is unlocked, would I be able to use the toolkit to root without losing all of my data?

lephisto

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Hey Wug,

first of all -awesome work.

Rooted my JRO03 GSM Galaxy Nexus with 4.1.1 flawlessly as it seemed. SU works, so does my rsap app (which was the only reason to root it).

One thing I experience since that: After some hours of being idle, it loses the GSM Cell Signal. Wifi is still fine..

The Signal Icon is just a blue lined triangle with no bars in it, and my mobile is unreachable.

What can I do? Since it's my primary phone this is crucial for me .

tanks,
meph

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.3 (Updated 08/18/12)

I understand that several folks have asked this question in the first page but I don't think anyone explained HOW they did it. If they did I apologize in advance for the repost.

I currently updated my device the 4.1.1 over the weekend (JRO03O) and went to update the binary in SU only to have it tell me that I do not have root access. My bootloader says it is unlocked and I was under the impression that I was rooted but apparently not ^ ^;

So being that my bootloader is unlocked, would I be able to use the toolkit to root without losing all of my data?

Yes, just use the root button.

{{ WugFresh }}

smileymed

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site

I am trying to put my phone back to stock and everything goes well until it says there is no program to open FLASHSTOCK.BAT. Where do I go from here? Do I need to download something else to make this work?

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit

Is there a tutorial for flashing Roms, Radios, Kernels, etc. using the WugFresh Toolkit?. It seems to be different than doing it from CWM that I used to do. The Toolkit screen looks intuitive but I just want to be sure I am getting everything right before I try JBSourcery.
Do I flash Kernel 1st, then Rom, then Radios. Also is there a guide to what Kernels go best with what Roms?
I have been looking and searching through the forums but it's leaving me a little confused.
Thanks for all the help.
The Toolkit is better than sliced bread!

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I am trying to get back to stock to see if I can resolve some issues I have been having with my device.. im using wugs and when I try and go back to stock in auto I get aan error when It downloads. when I download the image from google it downloads as a .tgz file and when I put it in the wugs directory to restore it it says it doesnt exist. what am I doing wrong?

edit figured it out. had my firewall off and for some reason that blocked wugs tool for connecting to the servers and my phone via adb...weid stuff

Last edited:

drb1089

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

hi im new to the forums and was wondering if anyone can help me i used the nexus root tool to root my nexus then went into the recovery mode and accidently wiped internal storage and my phone was stuck in recovery i couldnt do anything because it said there was no os on the phone and it eventually died when i got home and tried to turn it on but its just stuck on the google boot screen does anyone know what i need to do to fix it? thanks for the help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs