[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3 (Updated 02/24/13)

Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 1.6.3 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ?any build? mode, and quick tools utilities. All the latest Android builds and Nexus devices are now officially supported with full 4.2.2 support. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The main changes in this release are some new features in the advanced utilities gui (like a logcat/bugreport generation interface, adb sideload button, and restore stock kernel script), dynamic informational tooltips throughout the entire program, major changes to the in-built updater system plus the option to check for multiple devices/builds on startup. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

nex7_main_163_zps778c1091.jpg

Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3 | WugFresh

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit

Changelog:

LATEST RELEASE DETAILS - VERSION 1.4 (6-05-2012)

• Program is now separated into two main interfaces; Basic Features and Advanced Utilities.
  • Changed model selection to specific build type through a pull down menu rather than just GSM and CDMA radio buttons (supports Sprint devices now).
  • Added information message boxes for all the toolkit feature, all information is now presented through a graphical message box rather than text strings in the command prompt window.
  • Added backup and restore data/media features to provide you additional backup tools.
  • Revised 'Create Backup File' script to show user summary message box when the backup completes
  • Backup and restore features now reboot your device first to ensure no apps are interfering with the process.
  • Added checkboxes for the inclusion or omission of system apps + data, and shared data in your backup file
  • Created a full step-by-step driver configuration guide to make the process more intuitive and clear to the end user.
  • Removed devcon.exe automated driver installation for XP setups, it caused to many problems; now there is only an automated driver configuration option for Windows 7 which utilizes pnputil.exe
  • Improved the information displayed during the unlock procedure.
  • Re-programmed the entire root script, it now pushes the files and the sets the permissions automatically (no longer requires you to flash the su.zip in ClockworkMod)
  • Modified boot.img utilized to enable running privileged commands, so automated adb scripts are no longer utilized.
  • "Flash Stock + Unroot" re-programmed and revised;
    • There are now two options, "Device is on" and "Can't boot up"
    • The auto-download and extract option has been updated to the latest android releases.
    • The 'Other' option now analyzes the factory image package you point the program to and checks it against a list of known factory images. If the factory image package is recognizes (it uses a string match) then it automatically fills in the appropriate hash value on the subsequent hashchecker; furthermore, if the program recognizes the factory image package and notices that its incompatible with your selected model type, the script will notify you as a preventative measure.
    • The hashchecker now has a character limit to prevent false mismatched hashchecks. Mismatched hashchecks no longer auto-deletes the file, it just prevents the script from continuing.
    • The 'Other' option will now accept ODIN tar packages, extract and flash them with fastboot. If the script recognizes the ODIN tar package you are utilizing it will notify you with additional information, more specifically where you can find the complementary ODIN tar package, since those packages come in pairs, one with everything except the radio.img and another one with just the radio.img.
    • The 'Other' option can now handle factory image packages with a .tar extension; previously it only knew how to deal .tgz files, now the program will hashcheck it as it normally does, and then rename it a tgz before extraction (this all happens back-end)
  • The OEM lock feature provides more information so the process is clearer to the end user.
  • Quick tools have some slight revisions:
    • The list devices feature has another option to explain 'Offline' devices.
    • The reboot and reboot bootloader options now display a small splash screen.
  • Added the File Permissions feature; this script launches a dual input chmod calculator GUI for checking and setting file permissions on your device.
  • Added the 'Launch CMD Prompt' feature, this just opens cmd prompt and sets the current directory to the path where adb.exe and fastboot.exe resides
  • Boot/Flash image provides information message boxes to explain what each option does.
  • Added push and pull files feature. Push files allows you to push a single file, multiple files, or an entire folder. The pull option will allow you to pull files from anywhere on your device, and then it will open explorer to the folder you pulled them to when it finishes.
  • Added 'Flash zips w/ Temp CWM' feature for assisting users in flashing ROMs, Themes, mods and more. This feature will push files to your sdcard, boot you into temp CWM and then provide you with onscreen instructions for flashing the zip.
  • Added 'Temporary CWM' feature for a simple way to boot into clockworkmod temporarily
  • Added 'Flash Stock Recovery' feature for a simple way to restore the stock android recovery
  • Added 'Install Android Apps' feature for installing apk files; this will allow you to install one apk file or multiple apps.
  • Added 'Options' interface which gives the user additional control over the programs behavior.
  • The options interface also has options for file associations. If you associate file types you will have a "Handle with GnexRootToolkit' option in your right click context menu. More information on this here.
  • All default directories are now set on first run relative to the users computer.
  • All GUI positions are now stored so that they open in the same position next time you launch them.
  • The toolkit now utilizes Clockworkmod Touch recovery instead of the original.
  • Utilizes a newer Superuser app and binary which works on all versions, unlike v1.3 which had a problem with 4.0.4.
  • Lots of bug fixes and code revisions. Re-wrote almost all of the code.

RELEASE DETAILS - VERSION 1.3 (1-22-2012)

• Removed "SDK+Files" button; the program no longer is dependent on the SDK being set up. This significantly reduced the file size.
  • All files the program needs are now localized to extracted directory upon installing [%HOMEDRIVE%\Wugs_GnexRootToolkit]
  • Added the "System Variables" button, (optional feature) updates the systems path variable so you can use adb and fastboot cmds globally from the cmd line
  • Enabled a more dynamic file backup system. User can now create their own custom file name for their backups, (defaults to current date and time)
  • Restore feature will now automatically default to look in the users last backup location and fill in the file name of the users last backup
  • Added additional warnings/information about backing up system app + data in the backup script, to ensure the end user adequately preserves their important data
  • Added automated driver installation with devcon and pnputil (depending on your system type); manual instructions still included in case that doesn't work
  • Fixed the permanent CWM automated adb shell script to successfully change "recovery-from-boot.p" to "recovery-from-boot.p.bak" (rather than "recover-from-boot.p without the "y"... doh!)
  • Added more communication to the CWM automated adb shell script so the end user would be more aware as to what was going on.
  • No longer use UPX compression for any of my exe files in the package to prevent false positives from antivirus programs like Avast
  • Reworked the quick tools button to prevent a small glitch I noticed where one of the buttons would stop working temporarily
  • Fixed issues people were having who had solid state hard drives with a different letter (not C:\) as their primary system directory
  • Fixed issues people were having who stored their backups in locations where the path had spaces in it.
  • Fixed issues people were having who tried flashing img files with spaces in the file name or path
  • Other minor bug fixes, and a few minor augmented feature improvements.

RELEASE DETAILS - VERSION 1.2.2 (1-15-2012)

• Permanent root script now just renames "recover-from-boot.p" to "recover-from-boot.p.bak" instead of just deleting it

RELEASE DETAILS - VERSION 1.2.1 (1-15-2012)

• Fixed the support button

RELEASE DETAILS - VERSION 1.2 (1-14-2012)

• Took out the pre-extracted android factory images and made the program universal (supports both CDMA/LTE and GSM/HSPA+)
  • Built a customized installer for pulling the factory images from googles servers, hash checking it, extracting it and flashing it
  • Support to easily extract and flash any future android release with built in user input box governed hash checking
  • Added the option to bypass the download and extract phase if the user already did that before.
  • Added quick tools for easy access to tasks like rebooting your phone, rebooting it in to bootloader mode, or listing devices
  • Built and included an automated adb shell script to ensure clockwork mod is permanently installed.
    • This script will open up a cmd window, enter into adb shell with SU permissions, mount system, and then delete "recovery-from-boot.p"
    • This enables the end user to gain permanent clockwork on first root without the need of an app like Root Explorer
  • Added the ability to flash any img files to any partition on the phone in one click:
    • Just boot your phone into bootloader, or use the program too
    • Select the button which corresponds to the partition you want to flash to
    • The program will open up a browse to file window, in which the user can select the img file they wan't to flash
    • Press ok, and the program will take care of the rest
  • Streamlined the entire driver installation/configuration process. With full detailed on screen manual instruction included
  • Added lots of checks along the way to ensure the user is properly connected before attempting to do something
  • Rewrote/reworked a lot of the code to fix/address all known bugs in the previous release
  • Included explanatory introduction blurbs for all the processes so the end user knows what's going on and whats about to happen in each stage beforehand. This way the end user is more comfortable with and more clear on the entire process.

RELEASE DETAILS - VERSION 1.1

• Added GSM support! Woot! ^_^
  • Added the ability for the end-user to select the location of their own SDK setup
  • This dynamic feature is facilitated by a browse to folder window
  • Relevant path variables are stored to local bat and dat files for retrieval
  • Consolidated and re-wrote a majority of the original code
  • End-user will experience a more logical flow of information and procedures
  • Added the ability for the end-user to backup and restore their apps and data
  • Each backup is automatically dated and time stamped
  • Created a customized 'Browse to file' feature for selecting and restoring backups
  • Removed automated driver configuration
  • Replaced it with a step-by-step folder of img's for reference
  • Confirmed a working driver solution on windows xp
  • Extracted driver files from PDAnet for use on XP
  • These same extracted driver files can be used on Win7/Vista if needed
  • The driver configuration is more comprehensive now
  • After drivers are configured, it prompts user with a way to test them out.
  • Cleaned up and re-wrote a lot of the outputted explanation text
  • Lots of minor bug fixes, especially regarding some 'current directory' problems
  • Touched up the GUI a bit to accommodate for the additional buttons
  • Set up a better base framework to enable easier and faster future development...

RELEASE DETAILS - VERSION 1.0

• Initial Setup, Unlock + Root, Unroot + OEM lock
  • The beginning's of Galaxy Nexus Toolkit..."

Last edited:

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

So what about us that have unlocked but not rooted. Will the option to unlock and root still work or will we need to root manually still?

Reactions: UnbleB99

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Bravo and fantastic! I commend this guy for making a one click program like that. Hats off to you and the developer!

mstroud

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

Sadly, it appears the download link is overloaded. Error 509 from Dropbox when attempting to use it.

Hopefully this option will be mirrored elsewhere once the author has a chance to do so.

Steve66

May 29, 2010
Visit site

So what about us that have unlocked but not rooted. Will the option to unlock and root still work or will we need to root manually still?

You beat me to it - this was my exact question. I've already unlocked the phone, but I'm not rooted yet. I'd like to use this tool, but I don't want to wipe my phone again. If necessary, I'll use the manual root process but I'd like to know if this tool will let me just root an already-unlocked phone. Thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Looks and sounds impressive... We have something very similar to this on the NS4G but this definitely has a cleaner UI...

Nice job.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

You beat me to it - this was my exact question. I've already unlocked the phone, but I'm not rooted yet. I'd like to use this tool, but I don't want to wipe my phone again. If necessary, I'll use the manual root process but I'd like to know if this tool will let me just root an already-unlocked phone. Thanks.

In this boat as well; I'd think that unless the developer adds the function implicitly (shouldn't be overly difficult, but what do I know? lol), the manual way is the best way to go. At least it isn't too difficult (on my Mac, anyways... ;))

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I am a Fascinate user and learned the hard way how to root. This would have been a G-d send last year when I first did it!! Congrats to all that contributed to this fine piece of work!!!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

FAQs:

1.) Can I use this to root if I am already unlocked?

Yes. The way its built right now it will just go through the redundant step of trying to unlock it first and then fail at doing so because its already unlocked (so it won't factory reset again), and then it will move onto the root procedure. In hindsight I probably should have just made that a two button process. I will in version 1.1.

2.) What if I already have the SDK installed?

This was probably my biggest oversight. The way the program is built now is that it will extract the sdk to your %HOMDRIVE% (so.. C:\android-sdk-windows) and it will overwrite anything if it is the same file. This shouldn't necessarily be a problem, but it may be annoying if for instance you already have adb and fastboot in C:\android-sdk-windows\tools and this program puts them in C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools as well. Still technically it should work, but it was a poor choice of me to have it overwrite things. I will add some sort of feature in version 1.1 which will ask the user if they already have the SDK installed and where they have adb and fastboot; that way I could have the script selectively extract the additional files rather than the whole SDK. Or could have the script automatically look for the SDK on the end-users computer and make the entire decision automated. I will look into it. For now. I would say, either backup your previous setup somewhere and then run this... or just wait for version 1.1.

3.) Will this work on the GSM version?

No, but I should have that out within a few days, hopefully along with the new features I plan on including in version 1.1.

4.) My download is slow, or not working.

Yes, due to high traffic I need to get more mirrors up. I am working on that now. I did not anticipate this much download traffic.

Kaveros

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Might I suggest starting a torrent? You wouldn't need a central host and it would handle high traffic volumes better.

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Subscribed!

Many thanks for putting this app together. I will most likely wait until v1.1 is released, as I've already configured my SDK and USB drivers (don't really want to drop the current setup).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2