[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit

Just finished building my Bootcamp partiton on my MBP so I can now get rolling on rooting and other fun things for both my Galaxy Nexus and Evo View.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

Is there a root/ unlock method that doesn't wipe the phone, yet? I really don't want to root my Nexus, but one thing I'd like to do is be able to transfer over my save data from my games that I started playing on my old phone, and I don't believe there's any way for me to do this on stock. I'd like to be able to just root, restore my save data, then go back to completely stock. But, I'm guessing unlocking/ rooting still wipes data, huh?

tedescop

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

I am rooted but I cannot access the /system/apps folder to add an apk.
I get this error message "libcore.io.ErnoException: open failed: EROFS (read-only file system)"
Anyone have any ideas on the issue? I am somewhat of a newb.

Thanks in advance.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

I am rooted but I cannot access the /system/apps folder to add an apk.
I get this error message "libcore.io.ErnoException: open failed: EROFS (read-only file system)"
Anyone have any ideas on the issue? I am somewhat of a newb.

Thanks in advance.

You need Read/Write permissions.
If you're using Root Explorer...you need to change the R/W grey box on the top right hand of the screen to R/O... then install the apk... and when done change back so that it shows R/W again.

tedescop

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

You need Read/Write permissions.
If you're using Root Explorer...you need to change the R/W grey box on the top right hand of the screen to R/O... then install the apk... and when done change back so that it shows R/W again.

You da man!
Thanks worked like a charm!

capnjb

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm having problems like some other people. My device isn't being detected by the program. I followed step 5 but when you get to samsung phone and select it it says there are no drivers available. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using WinXP. Also what are these files under so I can try to remove them then reinstall program.
Thanks

intersys

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I get to the Bootloader screen but then it hangs there. The unlock.bat stays on waiting for device. Any suggestions?

Thank You

dwc_sf

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Thanks CW and Wug.

Anyone know what state the phone will need to be in when the next OTA update rolls around?

aceperkins

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

Thanks CW and Wug.

Anyone know what state the phone will need to be in when the next OTA update rolls around?

no need for OTA updates with this phone. Google provides everything you need. With no carrier/manufacturer mods to this NEXUS device the OTA's should be identical to what you can get direct from Google.

halfway

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

please someone help.....i unlocked and rooted on my mac, everything was fine, but of course i like to change things and tinker. tried to change the softkeys with metamorph and installed busybox as well but when i applied the theme i got a whole bunch of system ui force closes and when i restarted my phone my status bar and soft keys were gone.. ive been trying to go back to stock for the last 6 hours on a pc with very little success i currently have the toolkit sitting on waiting for device and my phone is in the bootloader, is the toolkit waiting for me to do something on my phone and if so what? any help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise im going to have to go and try convince some fool at verizon that it just did it by itself and to give me a new one since i have til the 15th to return or exchange i guess. please help

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

[NOTE]Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.1 NOW RELEASED.... OP Has Been Updated with The New Version. Post #2 Now Contains The Changelog.... ENJOY :)[/NOTE]

Reactions: iandouglas

Slaywood

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.1

Thank you so much. I was trying to do this manually for a week straight and couldn't get the root to work. Little tinkering and retrying with this and it worked like a charm. Please donate to keep this kind of stuff coming!

rstilton

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Wug, run flawless on mine, rooted and unlocked...not trying to figure out what ROM to run...
The program is foolproof

Thanks again

d1same#AC

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Ok. Its driving me crazy. I followed every step. I even see the adb in device manager, when it goes into bootloader nothing happens. the option to unlock doesn't show up only the bootloader with the option to start comes on... any suggestions?

Josh44

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Having the exact same issue. I've been unlocked since day 1 but can't get it to clockworkmod recovery, just the red arrow droid. And I can't delete the recovery-from-boot in root explorer because...I'm not rooted. Help?

Absterged

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

Ok. Its driving me crazy. I followed every step. I even see the adb in device manager, when it goes into bootloader nothing happens. the option to unlock doesn't show up only the bootloader with the option to start comes on... any suggestions?

Having the exact same issue. I've been unlocked since day 1 but can't get it to clockworkmod recovery, just the red arrow droid. And I can't delete the recovery-from-boot in root explorer because...I'm not rooted. Help?

I'm having the same issue. It reboots into recovery, but it just hangs there on "Start." There is no option to root/unlock/etc.

litlspiffy

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

thanks for putting in the hard work. ready to try but file server is swamped right now

Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463