[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

fyziQ

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.2 (Updated 1/1

Having problems with the drivers still! Step 6 on the manuall methord. When i type the command nothing happens! Any ideas?

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

do you only have to install the drivers once?

or is this a step you have to take each time you unlock/root a new phone

micronuts

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

if device is not recognized in device manager, doing an update or reinstalling drivers might work but majority of the time wont.

Heres what I did, -unplug phone. 1) download installer_r16-windows and run - when installing I only selected the usb drivers. 2) download jdk-7u2-windows-x64 and run 3) reboot PC

micronuts

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Wug forgot to thank you. DLing now, and will try.
Thanks for the app.
Game on!

mr_arson

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Hello sir! when running the final steps for the root process, everything else worked like a charm...when the command prompts open to rename the file to make clockwork permanent, i was getting a unable to process command on every command..and then the windows dissapeared before I could make any logs or notes...

should I re run the root process? Or is there a way that I can manually run those commands at the end of the root process?

mr_arson

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

My command prompt was defaulting to my network drives... I made the command prompt open the c:\sdk folder instead and it seemed to of worked..

installed clockwork recovery via rom manager and making a backup now..

Im guessing it worked?!

Last edited:

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Hats off to Wug for creating this. Talk about a painless unlock + root!

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

I've got a problem. When I try to do a backup, I go through all the steps until I get to the point where I need to confirm the backup on my phone itself, but nothing ever comes up. When I try to go ahead with the back up it finishes but no backup is made.

sk8erfrombham

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

In the Wug's Fresh Toolkit it has a "Boot/Flash Image" title and then below that it has "Partition to flash to"

If I'm flashing a ROM (codename) for the first time on a newly rooted GN, what partition do I choose?

+1 for helping a noob.

NYPAC

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Hello sir! when running the final steps for the root process, everything else worked like a charm...when the command prompts open to rename the file to make clockwork permanent, i was getting a unable to process command on every command..and then the windows dissapeared before I could make any logs or notes...

should I re run the root process? Or is there a way that I can manually run those commands at the end of the root process?

Same here. Everything else worked like a charm.

sk8erfrombham

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I tried to update the drivers, but I experienced an error. Windows Vista says, "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
Samsung Android ADB Interface
This device cannot start (code 10)":'(

What should I do?

sk8erfrombham

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I tried to update the drivers, but I experienced an error. Windows Vista says, "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
Samsung Android ADB Interface
This device cannot start (code 10)":'(

What should I do?
Nevermind. I figured out by myself. Just tried it one more time after rebooting.

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

That was my fault, I made a slight mistake in that script. It tries to rename recover-from-boot.p to recover-from-boot.p.bak instead of recovery-from-boot.p. Missed a "y". Will fix in version 1.3. Just rename it manually with Root Explorer after rooting and reflashing CWM with ROM manager. The file resides in the /system directory and needs to be deleted or renamed in order to have permanent clockworkmod recovery.

I will also make this output to a log file next time.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
In the Wug's Fresh Toolkit it has a "Boot/Flash Image" title and then below that it has "Partition to flash to"

If I'm flashing a ROM (codename) for the first time on a newly rooted GN, what partition do I choose?

+1 for helping a noob.

Sometimes ROMs contain imgs that flash to multiple partitions. That is why they are often packaged as a zip file. Just flash the zip in clockworkmod recovery. If its just a single img file, then flash it to system with my toolkit.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I've got a problem. When I try to do a backup, I go through all the steps until I get to the point where I need to confirm the backup on my phone itself, but nothing ever comes up. When I try to go ahead with the back up it finishes but no backup is made.

Make sure to run the initial SDK+Files and configure your drivers first

{{ WugFresh }}

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon