[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

rob90262

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
What did I do wrong whenever I flash into recovery I get a red exclamation mark on top of a android please help and I'm pretty sure I'm rooted root explorer and super user works

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.2 (Updated 1/1

Try Version 1.3, it's up now. The permanent clockwork fix should work now. Just run through the root process one more time with the new version. Or manually delete/rename the file "recovery-from-boot.p" to "recovery-from-boot.p.bal" in your /system directory.

{{ WugFresh }}

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm definitely having driver issues, tried a couple tihngs. after the intiial install it shows almost 9 devices under Samsung MObile Phone in Device Manger. 1 is Samsung ADB Drviers. Then it shows like eight Unknown Devices with yellow triangle exclamations and another 4 Unknown Devices that are normal. I don't know which one to update.

I just tried uninstalling all of them, will try from scratch again. On WinXP here with a work computer; if i keep having issues I'll retry at home on Win7

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely having driver issues, tried a couple tihngs. after the intiial install it shows almost 9 devices under Samsung MObile Phone in Device Manger. 1 is Samsung ADB Drviers. Then it shows like eight Unknown Devices with yellow triangle exclamations and another 4 Unknown Devices that are normal. I don't know which one to update.

I just tried uninstalling all of them, will try from scratch again. On WinXP here with a work computer; if i keep having issues I'll retry at home on Win7

I think the auto driver configuration creates some extra entries in the device manager on xp. It should still work though. If you want to do it manually the drivers are in the directory
%HOMEDRIVE%/Wugs_GnexRootToolkit/data/drivers

Have you tested them yet? Use the quick tools buttons.

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: Parafly

sam008

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Guys

I don't see the Android SDK drivers installed in my C drive. I guess I have to use this option but don't know how to use it. There's no button in the rootkit GUI to do so

Use the "SDK + Files" option first to extract the necessary files to their proper locations

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Guys

I don't see the Android SDK drivers installed in my C drive. I guess I have to use this option but don't know how to use it. There's no button in the rootkit GUI to do so

Use the "SDK + Files" option first to extract the necessary files to their proper locations

I thought I updated the OP to remove that. My fault. The latest version, (v1.3) no longer needs the SDK. All the files the program needs extract to the local directory where the program installs too. All you need to do now is configure the drivers.. and it actually will do that automatically.

The SDK+Files has been removed, because lots of people were forgetting to do that, and I was able to accomplish everything the program does without it. adb and fastboot are included in the program. That is why the latest version has a significantly smaller file size.

Just install it. Configure drivers. And you are good to go. If you want to use adb cmds globally from cmd line manually. Use the option, "System Variables" to do that. (optional feature).

Enjoy! Let me know if you have any other questions.

{{ WugFresh }}

anon(646943)

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Just downloaded this and went through it, works 100%! VERY easy! This was my first time unlocking and rooting and this tool was amazing!

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I ran it at home on Win7 and it worked flawlessly. I guess I just had some issues with XP. Thanks Wug, major props for a great job.

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

I ran it at home on Win7 and it worked flawlessly. I guess I just had some issues with XP. Thanks Wug, major props for a great job.

Great! I am happy to hear that. Glad it worked for you. I have had success on XP myself with this during testing, but sometimes XP takes a little more work to setup the drivers. The automated driver installation in version 1.3 should work very well on windows 7. It should work on XP machines as well, but may be preferable to do it manually. Either way, happy you got it going. Enjoy!

{{ WugFresh }}

mexiken

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site

I need some help.

So everything works with the drivers except for one part:

when it reboots to bootloader, the PC tries to install a driver it names Android 1.0, and doesn't install this driver. Unfortunately, because of this, it won't do anything while in bootloader. Any ideas ????

Edit: I found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=737728 But unfortunately, it's for the HTC Desire =/

Last edited:

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I need some help.

So everything works with the drivers except for one part:

when it reboots to bootloader, the PC tries to install a driver it names Android 1.0, and doesn't install this driver. Unfortunately, because of this, it won't do anything while in bootloader. Any ideas ????

Edit: I found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=737728 But unfortunately, it's for the HTC Desire =/

Refer to part 2 of the manual driver instructions in the second post for detailed info on how to configure it properly.

{{ WugFresh }}

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.3 (Updated 1/2

Ive always wanted to root but never gave it a try. Im almost done. I have a question. Im where it says to download rom manager. I dont have connection in office so i had to unplug it to download . Do i plug back in and finish or what? And then whats my next step to change the look. Please someone direct me to a link or thread. Thanks. Awsome job Wugfresh...

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

can someone please let me know what to do after it says to download rom manager??????

protmind

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

When I go to install the drivers, I get this message when it is doing the automatic driver configuration:

"This version of .....PnPutil.exe is not compatible with the version of windows you're running"

I'm running windows 7 ultimate system pack 1 32-bit edition.

Thanks!

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
When I go to install the drivers, I get this message when it is doing the automatic driver configuration:

"This version of .....PnPutil.exe is not compatible with the version of windows you're running"

I'm running windows 7 ultimate system pack 1 32-bit edition.

Thanks!

Follow the manual driver instructions in post two to configure them.

{{ WugFresh }}

edweb1

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site

I've been using 1.2.2...will 1.3 write over 1.2.2? It's not showing up in add/remove programs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair