[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
lol...nm...it over writes it. I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Actually it just extracts to a different directory.

1.2.2 is still on your computer:
C:\GnexRootToolkit. You can just delete that folder.

1.3 extracts to:
%HOMEDRIVE%\Wugs_GnexRootToolkit

{{ WugFresh }}

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.3 (Updated 1/2

Please help me......I rooted succesfully and tried to unroot and now im stuck on screen with "google" and the lock at the bottom. I may have bricked it. I shouldnt have done it cause im not familiar with rooting. Computer not reading ADB . I cant do . What can i do .????????and fast.

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Please help me......I rooted succesfully and tried to unroot and now im stuck on screen with "google" and the lock at the bottom. I may have bricked it. I shouldnt have done it cause im not familiar with rooting. Computer not reading ADB . I cant do . What can i do .????????and fast.

Can you manually get into boot loader? Battery pull if you are stuck. Then hold both volume buttons and the power button. If you can do that, then you can re-flash stock with the "Flash Stock+Unroot" button and choose no when it asks you if so an adb device. Then proceed from there.

{{ WugFresh }}

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

yeah its letting me get to fastboot. but its not letting me do anything else
i may not be doing it righ

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
yeah its letting me get to fastboot. but its not letting me do anything else
i may not be doing it righ

Can you see a fastboot device listed when its connected? Try the fastboot list devices in quick tools.

What do you mean its not letting you do anything else? What isn't letting you? You need to be more specific.

The flash stock + root button is what you need to do.. what happens exactly when you do that?

Check out this video:
http://theunlockr.com/2012/01/26/how-to-unroot-the-samsung-galaxy-nexus-one-click-method-lte-and-gsm-versions/

{{ WugFresh }}

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

im plugged in and it says in device manager adb device now. my phone screen says restart bootloader and i have your program pulled up. now what

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

in fastboot my device shows . now what do i flash stck unroot

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

its sending radio and its stays stuck on that thru prompt menu

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

im at work so im about to leave shortly. i cant beleive this.... i dont have computer at home.

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

im at work so im about to leave shortly. i cant beleive this.... i dont have computer at home.

I am trying to help you. The fact that your time is limited right now is out of my control. Rushing things in general can lead to further problems.

{{ WugFresh }}

chiph411

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site

I have to give a big thanks to Wugs. Took the plunge today and unlocked and rooted my Nexus using the toolkit. The whole process turned out to be anticlimactic. Unlocked and rooted in less than 15 minutes.

Now the fun of trying to decide which custom rom to install.

If a 62 year old computer dinosaur can do it, anyone can.

Thanks to all on this forum for the info I have gleaned from here.

Chip:D

protmind

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I just wanted to pop in and thank Wug for his tool. I was able to unlock and root and then unroot and lock again. I did have an issue like KKURTZ78 when I was re-locking the phone. It appeared to be stuck on sending radio. I just pressed the power button once and then it continued the process and successfully flashed back to stock.

I'm curious when 4.0.3 comes out, will we be able to accept the OTA?

Last edited:

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Good morning. I wasnt trying to rush things. I just wanted to grt my phone working before i left. Im working today so i will have access to my computer till 3:30 pm. lets see if we can do this. Thank s

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

It says. archive does not have: "boot.sig" "recovery.sig" "system.sig" can i just reroot the phone, anybody know??

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
It says. archive does not have: "boot.sig" "recovery.sig" "system.sig" can i just reroot the phone, anybody know??

The stock google images don't have those sigs. They don't need to be digitally signed since the bootloader is unlocked. Yes, you can reroot.

{{ WugFresh }}

KKURTZ78

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Well how. Cause ive tried and its not reading adb . Ive been trying for hours.. Cannot do it. Please a step by step bro. Im about to leave in a hour. Can you please send me all the steps. When i try to unlock it its not showing up as adb device. In tools it should. And of course myt debugging button probably is not on.

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

I just wanted to pop in and thank Wug for his tool. I was able to unlock and root and then unroot and lock again. I did have an issue like KKURTZ78 when I was re-locking the phone. It appeared to be stuck on sending radio. I just pressed the power button once and then it continued the process and successfully flashed back to stock.

I'm curious when 4.0.3 comes out, will we be able to accept the OTA?

You're welcome! I am glad you like my tool.

Regarding OTA updates; your device needs to be stock in order for an OTA to take. They require the stock recovery, which has been overwritten by clockworkmod recovery when you rooted. It doesn't matter that your device is rooted or unlocked, all that matters is that it is no longer 100% stock since you have an alternate recovery. Plus, now that you are rooted, you might decide to make further modifications. You can flash back to stock when an OTA comes out, and then take the OTA. Or, more logically, you can just use my program to update to new android releases. The "Flash Stock + Unroot" button allows you to choose your own factory img by selecting "other". Google releases all their factory images here: Factory Images for Nexus Devices - Google Support for Nexus Phones and Flagship Devices - Google Code

So you can just download 4.0.3 yourself when it comes out, and then flash it with my program. Then re-root your device afterwards. My program will automatically extract the package properly and flash it.

OTA's are no longer necessary since google releases the exact same images on google code.

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

Well how. Cause ive tried and its not reading adb . Ive been trying for hours.. Cannot do it. Please a step by step bro. Im about to leave in a hour. Can you please send me all the steps. When i try to unlock it its not showing up as adb device. In tools it should. And of course myt debugging button probably is not on.

Manual Driver Configuration | WugFresh

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

I have to give a big thanks to Wugs. Took the plunge today and unlocked and rooted my Nexus using the toolkit. The whole process turned out to be anticlimactic. Unlocked and rooted in less than 15 minutes.

Now the fun of trying to decide which custom rom to install.

If a 62 year old computer dinosaur can do it, anyone can.

Thanks to all on this forum for the info I have gleaned from here.

Chip:D

That's great to hear man. Glad it worked so easily for you! Enjoy. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital