[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

rebretz000

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.3 (Updated 1/2

Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.3 is awesome. I ended up having to manually install a few drivers but other than that I had my unlocked and rooted quickly. Just installed 4.0.4. Now I'm going to install Redemtion Rom.
Think I may have to get a PayPal account just to send money.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

• Download the latest 4.02 android release for your specific model (CDMA/LTE vs GSM/HSPA+)
  • Hashcheck the resulting download once it's finished to verify the files integrity. If it passes:
  • Extract the .tgz factory image package in the proper manner to a specific sub directory in your GnexToolkit folder
  • Flash the stock images to your device in a highly controlled and ordered fashion.
  • Allow you to bypass the download and extract phase in the future if you have already done it before
  • Allow you to point the program to ANY android factory image package, and let the program take care of the rest
  • This process also includes a user input box governed hashcheck verification step to ensure the files integrity.
  • Has an option to start the flashstock process from bootloader mode incase the user is bricked and can't boot ups charged first!
  • Flashing stock will also inexorably unroot your device.

FYI - flashing stock and unrooting using your toolkit wiped my phone and there was no warning to do a backup first so that I wouldn't lose all of my pictures.:'(

Is there any way to recover them? If not, please put a warning to people that this will happen so they will know. I could have just done a factory reset and at least then I would have been warned that my phone was going to be wiped and would have known I had to back up my pictures.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
FYI - flashing stock and unrooting using your toolkit wiped my phone and there was no warning to do a backup first so that I wouldn't lose all of my pictures.:'(

You should always backup when using stuff like this. It's one of the tenants of flashing. Please consult my Don't Panic guide for other things to be aware of.

Is there anyway to recover them through Google plus or Picasa?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Also Wug - can you tell us what your toolkit does when it flashes stock and unroots that wipes the phone?

My phone was unlocked before I used your toolkit and remains unlocked. Flashing stock unrooted it but why was my phone wiped? Was a factory reset performed?

merrittjr

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

I've messed with this for almost two hours and I still can't get past configuring the drivers. I'm running XP, if that makes a difference. I see the device in my device manager, as well as 7 unknown devices under it. But it still won't see the device. What am I doing wrong?

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

I've messed with this for almost two hours and I still can't get past configuring the drivers. I'm running XP, if that makes a difference. I see the device in my device manager, as well as 7 unknown devices under it. But it still won't see the device. What am I doing wrong?
I am running XP and have the same problem. Go to Cyber Warrior's thread on rooting in this forum and download the drivers from his links. Install them and see what happens then.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Also Wug - can you tell us what your toolkit does when it flashes stock and unroots that wipes the phone?

My phone was unlocked before I used your toolkit and remains unlocked. Flashing stock unrooted it but why was my phone wiped? Was a factory reset performed?

Your phone was wiped because it downloaded the complete factory image of Android 4.0.2 from the Google servers. Think of it as reinstalling windows operating system from scratch. This comes in handy in case your phone is soft bricked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rebretz000

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

HELP.... I can't get my phone to re-root.
I unlocked and rooted it, downloaded and installed the 4.0.4 update and now my phone won't reroot. It goes through the process but when I open up Titanium Backup it says phone not rooted.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

HELP.... I can't get my phone to re-root.
I unlocked and rooted it, downloaded and installed the 4.0.4 update and now my phone won't reroot. It goes through the process but when I open up Titanium Backup it says phone not rooted.
You have to replace su.zip with the newer version for 4.0.4.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Your phone was wiped because it downloaded the complete factory image of Android 4.0.2 from the Google servers. Think of it as reinstalling windows operating system from scratch. This comes in handy in case your phone is soft bricked.
Yeah, I just wish there were a warning so I would have known that is what Wug's toolkit was doing to my phone. I was told on other threads that it wouldn't wipe my phone and with no warning saying it would, I thought it wouldn't.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Posted by Wugfresh via galaxy nexus forum from yesterday..

Version 1.4 is finally done. I have to sleep for a little, write bit more for the help file, do a final test and then it will be released later tonight.

If any of you had issues with v1.3, chances are they will be resolved in this new release.

Thank you all for your patients.

So standby for those still having issues and I'll make sure the guide gets updated ASAP.

kenshell

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site

Sorry to sound so stupid, but being I'm only rooted and unlocked, can I simply let 4.04 install OTA?

united781

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Wug for all the help.

As well as some others I am running 4.0.2. stock rom unlocked and rooted. If I accept the OTA and update to 4.04 I assume I will lose root. Will I have to wipe the phone to re-root or is there a simpler process? I like many others are getting the pop-up notification to update from Verizon and are waiting for someone to post a process here where we can do it safely and possibly without loosing data.

I have backed my phone up with Titanium Backup to (Dropbox) to keep the files off the phone, is it even an issue when updating?

Thank you so much and I hope these questions can be answered for not just me but for everyone who is getting the OTA message and wanting to know what to do next.

Thank you very much, :)

G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol