[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.3 (Updated 1/2

Thanks Wug for all the help.

As well as some others I am running 4.0.2. stock rom unlocked and rooted. If I accept the OTA and update to 4.04 I assume I will lose root. Will I have to wipe the phone to re-root or is there a simpler process? I like many others are getting the pop-up notification to update from Verizon and are waiting for someone to post a process here where we can do it safely and possibly without loosing data.

I have backed my phone up with Titanium Backup to (Dropbox) to keep the files off the phone, is it even an issue when updating?

Thank you so much and I hope these questions can be answered for not just me but for everyone who is getting the OTA message and wanting to know what to do next.

Thank you very much, :)

G

You need to have stock recovery in order to take the OTA. You can use my latest toolkit to restore it using the "Flash Stock Recovery" button. As long as you are stock, then you can take the OTA. Flash Stock Recovery

You will loose root, but you can easily re-root it with my toolkit.

You don't have to wipe if you take the OTA like that. After you update to 4.0.4, make sure to update your model type in my program to reflect that, otherwise the root process wont work.

When you re-root you can have it reflash CWM: Permanent CWM

So to be clear.

Requirements: You are STOCK 4.0.2, with STOCK Recovery. (it doesn't matter if you are rooted or unlocked)

Instructions:

Simply take the OTA, then use my program to re-root it. Make sure that you use the 'Change..." button under "Your model type:" to update it to reflect that your are on 4.0.4 IMM76K build. Then my toolkit will have no problem re-rooting it.

You can root with or without flashing Clockworkmod (your choice):
Root

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: united781

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

If you except the push from Verizon it will break root... follow this guide for root users:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...2-official-imm76k-update-thread-vzw-gnex.html

This new version will root it after the OTA update no problem.

I just took the update today and rooted it with my toolkit. Just make sure you have the correct model type selected in upper right. Use the 'Change...' button to reflect that you are on IMM76K 4.0.4... then root. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

proview3r

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site

This new version will root it after the OTA update no problem.

I just took the update today and rooted it with my toolkit. Just make sure you have the correct model type selected in upper right. Use the 'Change...' button to reflect that you are on IMM76K 4.0.4... then root. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

Thanks for creating this app!! Just unrooted again :D

united781

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.4 (Updated 6/5

Thanks for all the info, in retrospect what would have happened if I downloaded the OTA without first re-flashing the stock recovery?

Thanks

G

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for all the info, in retrospect what would have happened if I downloaded the OTA without first re-flashing the stock recovery?

Thanks

G

It wouldn't take... you should get an error message. That's if you have ClockworkMod Recovery flashed over the stock recovery. If you were rooted and still had stock recovery... you would get the update but you would lose root.

People install CWM Recovery over stock because it allows you to do things that stock won't allow... like flashing custom ROMs or making Nandroid Backups.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

G

I agree with CW. If you want, install the update manually using CWM recovery.

united781

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Is the manual update the same as the OTA one? And are there directions for installing it?

Thanks

G

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Is the manual update the same as the OTA one? And are there directions for installing it?

Thanks

G

Yes. 100% the same.

Check my signature--it's the official update thread link, found in the general forum.

united781

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I just tried flashing the stock recovery and it said it was looking for a file INTF2. Where is this file and where should it be? Also it seemed that it may have worked anyway how can I confirm?

Thanks

G

united781

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I tried booting into recovery and now I get a big start arrow on the top and it says Downloading... Do not turn off target. Any thoughts on how I can get out of this? It wont power down.

Thanks

G

united781

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Update:

I thought I re-flashed the recovery correct so I downloaded and Installed the OTA. After the install the phone re-booted and when it was done it says I am still on 4.02??? I am very confused and when I checked for updates there were none. Also I still have root access so I cannot figure out what I did wrong.

Help :-(

RyMac04

BB Convert
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Did a search and couldn't find any solutions to this:

I'm currently running a backup using Wug's Toolkit. The screen has been showing "com.android.sharedstoragebackup" for about 20 minutes now.

It doesnt seem to be making any progress, and Wug's toolkit still says "Backing up; please be patient..."

Any help here?

EDIT: After posting this, I closed out any folders I had open on my computer, though none of them had the Nexus open, and closed my device manager. I don't beleive this had anything to do with it, but it's moved past sharedstorage backup and rolling now.

Last edited:

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Update:

I thought I re-flashed the recovery correct so I downloaded and Installed the OTA. After the install the phone re-booted and when it was done it says I am still on 4.02??? I am very confused and when I checked for updates there were none. Also I still have root access so I cannot figure out what I did wrong.

Help :-(

Follow these instructions. You just download a zip and flash it with my toolkit:

http://wug.rootxs.com/Help/scr/Upgrade_to_4.0.4_on_Verizon.htm

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Did a search and couldn't find any solutions to this:

I'm currently running a backup using Wug's Toolkit. The screen has been showing "com.android.sharedstoragebackup" for about 20 minutes now.

It doesnt seem to be making any progress, and Wug's toolkit still says "Backing up; please be patient..."

Any help here?

EDIT: After posting this, I closed out any folders I had open on my computer, though none of them had the Nexus open, and closed my device manager. I don't beleive this had anything to do with it, but it's moved past sharedstorage backup and rolling now.

Glad you got it going. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried booting into recovery and now I get a big start arrow on the top and it says Downloading... Do not turn off target. Any thoughts on how I can get out of this? It wont power down.

Thanks

G

That is ODIN mode. You have to hold down both volume buttons and the power button to get into bootloader mode... you just held the volume down and power button.

{{ WugFresh }}

puterboy

May 31, 2012
Visit site

LOVE the automated toolkit... but I am having one problem...
I ended up switching identical phones doing a back up with +System apps/data and +Shared data. I also backed up the data/media. I then did a restore on an identical device.
However, several things were missing:
1. GrooveIP application was plain gone
2. Settings were missing for the built in mail program
3. Device face recognition & pattern lock passwords were missing as were my google account passwords.
4. Record of phone data usage, mobile data limits and data cycle dates (under general Settings)
5. Settings for Battery Monitor Widget

So, basically, I am curious where are these settings 'hanging out' that don't let them be backed up properly...

I would have thought that such a complete backup would image everything. It's a bit of pain to have to go through app by app to see what is missing...

disenhour

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site

Props to wug for the simple to use toolkit however I ran into a problem it says my phone was rooted however when following the instructions on the superuser app it says that busybox not found and gaining root access failed.
Any ideas???? :-\

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995