[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

rudmeister

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.4 (Updated 6/5

Hi Guys,

New to this and all I want to do is be able to use a sim from the Philippines in my US Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I will be traveling there for 5 weeks. Is it possible and if so do I need to unlock or root or both. And when I return do I need to reverse the process?

Thanks

lebeauc

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Waree, I think I see your problem. According to your first post:

Hi, I'm following your tuto to root a nexus s (GT-I9023 SFR France branded mobile).

You are trying to do this on a Nexus S (GT-I9023). This tool and the one from XDA are for the Galaxy Nexus, which is a different phone. I think that's why you are having problems. I would head over to the Nexus S forums and maybe they can help you there.

stiffbak

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

Seems as though it's a pic download problem. I'll try a re-root this weekend .

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Quick Question... I am UNABLE to find the advanced setting to clear the Dilvak cache, etc... I was able to get into recovery mode and do a factory reset... but can't seem to locate the Advanced Option...

Thoughts...? Thanks...

fritolay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

New user, can't private message yet....

I picked up Galaxy Nexus after owning a Droid X, because I wanted a more mod-able phone and one that was closer to Google for updates. With Jelly Bean, I realized I may be waiting months still for OTA updates to his this phone. (I still wish Google could get carriers on board to speed this up, that alliance sure has not done so)

After readying about Jelly Bean, I decided I wanted to unlock and root my phone. After some Google searches I still was not 100% on what I needed to do. Not that there was not enough information, but no CLEAR path to unlock and root, how to recover, etc. This actually makes me think maybe the Android community could try to do something about this. Maybe take some cues from the communities that work with modding game consoles. The XBOX, there was more direct info it seemed to assist with unlocking it. Then again maybe it was more straight forward because there were less options? I am not sure but honestly it seemed like doing this on the XBOX was more straight forward than unlocking my Galaxy Nexus. Does this same something about the current state for Android and unlocking phones? Yes you can argue, some hardware such as MS XBOX was not meant to be unlocked, while Android phones are, (except when carriers try to lock phones down like Droid/Verizon, and that whole debate. However I am talking about the flag ship Google branded Galaxy Nexus. Step back from the community and see this from new customer views. This is what I am trying to show you, and I could be wrong. I am just stating what I have observed from the outside looking in.

Wugs I did stumble this utility, and quite honestly made it easier for me. I could have downloaded the utilites and software, used command line, I'm technical enough. However I wanted to just unlock my phone and install custom software, that is all. There are people out there that as soon as they see a bunch of web pages with directions to download this, type this command, then download that, they cringe or don't understand. This doesn't help the community. Yeah we need that flexibility, but we also need an easy to understand path to help people who just want it simple.

Your software did this. All the options and buttons can still potentially cause some anxiety with people. Maybe a even more scripted method that detects some of the options, more of a step by step wizard would help more less technical people. Either way thanks for your work on Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit. It put everything together into more of a clear picture of what needed done, and I was able to unlock, root, and update my phone. Thanks Wugs.

Last edited:

galexi nexsus

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

galexi nexsus

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Waree, I think I see your problem. According to your first post:

You are trying to do this on a Nexus S (GT-I9023). This tool and the one from XDA are for the Galaxy Nexus, which is a different phone. I think that's why you are having problems. I would head over to the Nexus S forums and maybe they can help you there.

brmets22

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Need help please! I'm a newbie and just went through the process of rooting my Verizon GNex...or so I thought. The last window says rooting procedure complete but is asking me to update the Superuser App. It wasn't on my phone so I downloaded from market. I also downloaded ROM manager which upon opening told me my phone wasn't rooted. Do I need to try the process again? don't want to brick phone. The process went smooth I thought. please help. thank you.

Brian

naudan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Just wanted to say thank you to Wugfresh - I just used this utility. I really dont know much about rooting and stuff, but this was SO EASY. I can't believe it really.

I just hope flashing to a new rom will be just as simple!

Thank you!!!

naudan

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Need help please! I'm a newbie and just went through the process of rooting my Verizon GNex...or so I thought. The last window says rooting procedure complete but is asking me to update the Superuser App. It wasn't on my phone so I downloaded from market. I also downloaded ROM manager which upon opening told me my phone wasn't rooted. Do I need to try the process again? don't want to brick phone. The process went smooth I thought. please help. thank you.

Brian

Brian -- considering that i just did this process too with my Verizon Nexus -- The last step of Wug's ROOT program - should install the Superuser App automatically.

Check your applications for something called "Superuser". Open it up, press the Wrench in the top right, near the bottom is something that says "SU binary v.XXXX", click that, then "Update Anyway" then press ALLOW.

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site

thanks Wug! got my GNex LTE re-rooted and I'm ready to flash Jelly Bean!

rudmeister

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

Reposting unanwered question

New to this and all I want to do is be able to use a sim from the Philippines in my US Verizon Galaxy Nexus. I will be traveling there for 5 weeks. Is it possible and if so do I need to unlock or root or both. And when I return do I need to reverse the process?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Reposting unanwered question

I doubt you could use it. This isn't an international device. Rooting makes no difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I've been experiencing the same problem. Not sure what I'm missing unfortunately.

stiffbak

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

I've rooted and unrooted 3 times. Still the same issues. Now I've noted my camera isn't saving pics. (pic problem the whole time). Unrooting and leaving stock until an update is available.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've rooted and unrooted 3 times. Still the same issues. Now I've noted my camera isn't saving pics. (pic problem the whole time). Unrooting and leaving stock until an update is available.

Get a new device at this point...?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2