[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.5.5 (Updated 11/04/12)

So now I tried to restore my Nandroid but all the selections are greyed out. Looks like I am about to lose everything unless some of you guys can help.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

Finally got system back. Downloaded rom directly to phone and used TWRP to flash. Worked fine. It was a 4.2 rom. Then tried to use the toolkit to do a Nandroid backup. Failed. Got stuck during process. Something seems to be broken about the Wugfresh toolkit. Until it is fixed. I will have to find some other way to do a Nandroid I guess.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Download rom manager the free version or just boot into recovery to do nandroid

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

Yes I can boot into recovery and can find the backup files. But problem is the restore function doesn't see them. I expect 4.2 has crapped up the partitions somehow and recovery restore is looking for them in a different place. Apparently No way to direct restore function to the proper file.
Looks like I'm screwed.

demlv

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

Check out Koush's Google+ page. Pretty sure he explains there or on the clockworkmod website why he recently updated Rom Manager because of this same issue. After 4.2, you need to manually move files to a different location so that the recovery will see them. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

Check out Koush's Google+ page. Pretty sure he explains there or on the clockworkmod website why he recently updated Rom Manager because of this same issue. After 4.2, you need to manually move files to a different location so that the recovery will see them. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll try that. I copied the back-up files everywhere except the root directory but still nothing. Don't know if they need to go into some other sub-folder. I'm headed over to google + to see what I can find out.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

Thanks, I'll try that. I copied the back-up files everywhere except the root directory but still nothing. Don't know if they need to go into some other sub-folder. I'm headed over to google + to see what I can find out.
Thank you,
Yes, I read Koush's post. That's just what I had been trying to do. Now in looking back through my files, I found the backup files and moved them from the "0" partition to the main SD card partition recovery system directory. However, it still didn't work because the files themselves have to be inside a folder named "Backups" before the restore function can see them. So I made a folder named "Backups" in there and moved the files into it. It Worked! Kinda wish I had waited to jump on the 4.2 bandwagon. Other apps and stuff have a ways to go to catch up to this new multi-user partition scheme. Got my homescreens and stuff back tho and am now on 4.2 with stock google kernel. For God's sake, guys, don't flash any Kernels until it is absolutely certain they work with 4.2. I flashed Trinity a12 and it seemed to work but lost all my set-up, homescreens, data, etc. Odd thing is, NRTK doesn't seem to be playing nice with this stuff either and will need to be upgraded to take care of the new stuff in 4.2. I think it's due to the new 4.2 sdcard partition scheme and boy is it a mess!

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

1.6.0 is now live via the updater, and is up in the OP. Enjoy ^_^

Updated changelog coming shortly. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

1.6.0 is now live via the updater, and is up in the OP. Enjoy ^_^

Updated changelog coming shortly. :)

{{ WugFresh }}
There does not seem to be any updater in my 1.5.5. How can I get it? Having lots of trouble with my Nexus 7 refusing to do nandroids using TWRP. Log says E: Failed. Cannot find android secure partition. I checked, there is a secure partition. So I guess use NRK to take it back to 4.1.2 and see if that will fix it?

Pasiego

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Do you recommend to use this for a guy scared to brick the phone? Im new to this and i want 4.2.1 in my galaxy nexus.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 (Updated 11/26/12)

Do you recommend to use this for a guy scared to brick the phone? Im new to this and i want 4.2.1 in my galaxy nexus.

Just follow directions. Hardest part was getting the drivers. It's almost impossible to brick a nexus.

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site

heck, this is MADE for people who are afraid to brick their phones, Nexus are already easy to unlock and root, this just makes it that much easier! But just like @trunks527 said, follow the directions. :)

Pasiego

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Oh, nice, im gonna download it now and wait till weekend to do it. Thank you and i'll follow the directions, it look pretty easy but still worried about it haha.

toxicneo

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit

Hi,

I brought my Galaxy nexus from US and using it in India.
Using the Android system info app below are details of my phone:

Bootlooder: PRIMEKJ10
ID: ITL41F
PRODUCT: yakjuxe

My android version is 4.0.1 version. I am not getting any android updates to my phone. Can i use this tool kit to flash my phone to yakju build.?
Is ter anything needs to be done before using this tool kit. I have no warranty so i am taking some precautions:)

Pasiego

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Did it! Perfect, now it's Root and Unlocked, so now i have to find wich ROM is better to get Android 4.2.1. Recomendations? Thank you :)

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site

Did it! Perfect, now it's Root and Unlocked, so now i have to find wich ROM is better to get Android 4.2.1. Recomendations? Thank you :)

I personally use Bugless Beast but he hasn't updated to 4.2.1 yet do to real life, yes Devs are people too, he said he was working on it though so maybe by the end of the weekend or sometime this week. If you can't wait a lot of the guys in the BB forum link, that also couldn't wait, have been using Shiny and say it's very good. Note that it isn't a rooted rom though but it gives instructions on how to root it and it's supposed to be stupid easy to do, I suppose you could probably click the "root" button in Wug's Nexus Toolkit again, just make sure to change your device from a stock Galaxy Nexus to the one that says custom rom or similar. anyways good luck. :)

Pasiego

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm using the JBSourcery 4.0, at the beggining i had a weird problem because the cell was calling a random number *22899 but after i turned off and turned on again that issue dissapear. Now i had a little bit of lag sometimes but it works really really good.
Maybe next one i can try the Shiny one and wait for Bugless or MMuzzy. We'll see, for now im good with this.

Just As I Am

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

I searched this thread and did not see an answer, maybe I am blind.

I want to root my Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.1 JOP40D.
I do a full backup, no problem.
I try to unlock the device and it says "No Fastboot Device Detected".
I click the List Devices option under Quick Tools with "Fastboot - Bootloader" selected and I get "No Fastboot Devices Found".
I click the List Devices option under Quick Tools with "ADB - Device On" selected and I get "015d262e5464200c Device".

What do I do now?

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

I am on 1.6.1 and Wugs seems to be broken again. I tried several times to select my device. Gnex toro on vzw. Was On JB Sourcery at JB4.1.2. JRO054 something or other. As it is a custom Rom I first selected custom ROM. Whenever I tried to do anything in WUGS (like a Nandroid) I got an error message saying that it could not work on my 4.2 ROM--See my rom is 4.1.2 not 4.2. I then tried again with "any build" since my build was not listed. Again I got error messages any time I tried to do a nandroid or an android backup. I am slowly losing faith in WUGS toolkit where only weeks ago I was a huge fan, recommending it to one and all. Now with all this difficulty, I'm not so sure.
I am going to have to flash back to stock 4.1.1, I guess and start all over. Some of my apps that I need no longer work with 4.1.2 for some reason. Or maybe it's just the Sourcery Rom. Don't know and don't have much time right now to figure it all out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta