[Automated] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 (Updated 12/29/12)

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Automated] Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit

OK, back on 4.1.1 stock rooted Gnex. Still having trouble with the tool kit. Try to do a backup of apps. Wug dialogue says waiting for finish reboot and says to unlock screen and some back up choice will appear on my screen. I unlock the screen the instant the unlock ring appears. All that shows up is my regular launcher screen. So can't do a backup that way. If I try to do a Nandroid the whole thing gets to the TWRP (Install, Wipe, BAckup, Restore, Mount, etc.) screen where it hangs forever. Dialogue on Wugs says waiting for backup to finish and for your device to boot back up--which never happens. Using TWRP 2.3.2.1 and wugs 1.6.1

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

Finally got a Nanny to run. Had to be careful not to select "Recovery", "Android Secure" nor "SD-ext" Backup finished. OK, but where did the backup file go? I thought I had the default into WUGS Development but can't find the file there. Is that where it defaults to?

OK, all the backups are on the phone, event though I thought WUGS pulled them to the computer. Anyway, I had to restore one of the Nandroids tonight so-----whew!
Is the only way to get them to the computer copy / paste or drag in Windows?

Last edited:

sterdog72

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Hello. I'm sorry to be so urgent, but I have to return my galaxy nexus on warranty within the next day or two. Here is the situation: I have installed all of the drivers and am able to temporarily unroot and lock via supersu and bootunlocker and then reroot and reunlock using the wug's toolkit. The problem is that I am unable to get the toolkit to flash the stock rom and fully unroot for me. It will start and then it will pop-up "booting up your freshly stock device" without actually flashing anything. I'm in a bind and any help would be greatly appreciated.

LVracerGT

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

First of all, thanks Wug for creating this. I followed your work when I had my Droid X and I'm very glad to see you're doing work with the GNex.

Ok now for my question. I followed the directions and successfully confirmed all the drivers are correct, and got my Nexus unlocked without a hitch. However, now that I'm trying to root, every time I click the "root" button it tells me "There is currently no TWRP recovery and the toolkit would like to download it. When I hit OK I get an error message saying "Windows cannot find nexwug_DL_NRTfiles.exe" and asks me to make sure I typed the files correctly and try again. Then nothing happens after this. I currently cannot root, which as we all know is the whole reason for this process anyway to flash custom ROMs.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've been waiting for about a month or two to have enough time to do this and now I'm at a dead end. Thank you in advance.

LV

EDIT: Found out it was my antivirus that had parts of the toolkit quarantined. Root successful :)

Last edited:

stinger161

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I used wugs toolkit 1.6 to unlock and root my Gnex. Worked great! Only problems are: tried to do a nandroid, the toolkit was downloading something then said hash check failed. Tried again, same thing. Also cannot boot into recovery with phone disconnected from pc. Can boot into bootloader (volume up and down and power), then when I select recovery it goes to the android on it's back with the red exclamation and hangs for a couple minutes before just booting into regular. Where do I start? On 4.1.1

Edit: Also during install I realized that I did not have usb debugging enabled, therefore the zip files did not get created in the directory for rooting as the toolkit directed me to during the rooting process. I had to create the directories myself and move the zips there. Then I went into bootloader, used the toolkit, and did the root process. Worked fine. Wondering if because of the usb debugging not being enabled something else didn't get transferred to the phone for recovery. Like I said it seems to work fine when plugged into the pc with the toolkit, goes into TWRP, just not unplugged.

Last edited:

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site

Need some help using the push and pull files/ folders features. Program is asking for path name on phone. I am hazy as to where (subfolders, etc. ) files best should be put on the phone or how to specify it. Example: I have some Word and Excel files that keep getting lost in the various backups. They just don't seem get backed up for some reason using Titanium. Titanium doesn't list them that I can find. When I do a wipe and restore the files are gone. Windows 7 windows explorer is a complete disaster for transferring files for backup because it hangs up all the time. So thought I would use Wugs. I use "OfficeSuite" as my usual app for these word and excel files but use other apps for these files as well. I have these files in a folder with my name but don't know whether to just put the folder in /sdcard or to put them in the same folder as "OfficeSuite". TTTT, I can't even find the folder the app is in.

nuvira

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
forever at "Waiting for your device to finish booting back up..." and Nexus 7(4.2.1) never boot itself.
what is wrong ? both WIn8 ans Win7 same issue. should I wait another version to fix this error ?

fiddlex

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Used this to root my nexus 7 and it was very easy! Thank you. I'm just wondering can I see the flash stock method to get back to stock kernel? I updated to Motleys kernel and didn't do a backup before updating as I am a total noon to the nexus 7 stuff. Is there a way for me to go back to stock kernel 4.2.1?

WugFresh

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Used this to root my nexus 7 and it was very easy! Thank you. I'm just wondering can I see the flash stock method to get back to stock kernel? I updated to Motleys kernel and didn't do a backup before updating as I am a total noon to the nexus 7 stuff. Is there a way for me to go back to stock kernel 4.2.1?

Download the factory image package for your device from Google:
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Unzip it completely with a program like 7zip until you see the file "boot.img". Flash this IMG file with the toolkits advanced utilities permanent flash to boot button. That will restore the stock kernel.

Yes, flashing stock would also restore it, but it will wipe everything and bring your device back to complete stock. To just restore the stock kernel while leaving your data untouched follow the instructions I provided.

You could also Google search for a flashable zip file that contains just the stock kernel and flash that in recovery or with the toolkits flash zips button.

{{ WugFresh }}

terryrong

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

dear wugfreash how many other tool kits have you made and that are availible too use for other smartphones out there???

recumbentbob

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

If I do this it wipes all the data can I restore contacts and apps using my back up from MobilGo?

Manuel Beza

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
forever at "Waiting for your device to finish booting back up..." and Nexus 7(4.2.1) never boot itself.
what is wrong ? both WIn8 ans Win7 same issue. should I wait another version to fix this error ?
Having the exact problem, drivers installed and already unlocked phone. when i root it will go through the process of rebooting
than will get stuck on "waiting for your device to finish booting back up..." and the screen on my phone is the google black screen/bottom unlock image with fastboot status-ok.
please help been at this for 2 days now....ive read on here and some people have same problem but never seem to show how to fix....

fenwick67

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Having the exact problem, drivers installed and already unlocked phone. when i root it will go through the process of rebooting
than will get stuck on "waiting for your device to finish booting back up..." and the screen on my phone is the google black screen/bottom unlock image with fastboot status-ok.
please help been at this for 2 days now....ive read on here and some people have same problem but never seem to show how to fix....

I'm having the same problem too.

I assume you would have to go to click "install" and then locate the .zip yourself, but I'm not sure where it gets put.

EDIT: There's a zip in /cache, but I don't have the heart to try it. Named "c01f18e07f87.signed-nakasi-JOP40D-fromJZO54.co1f18e0(...)". I'll wait for someone to fix this bug before I break something.

Last edited:

brennan0123

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
quick question im going through the whole unlock and root process. everything is going fine until fastboot check. i cant get through the fastboot check. how do i get past this.
im running nexus 4g sprint. its running 4.1.1 stock jellybean.