Redemption ROM

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone here run the second release of Redemption ROM?

The developer is very nice and will answer your tweets.

I am thinking of making it my first ROM and flashing the Franco kernel.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Stable and fast, with little to know UI variations planned. Frankly, just how I like it.

Been in touch with him, and he did confirm that he's not going to be messing with the UI. Honestly, developers that do that too much lose my respect.

Reactions: zero neck

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
THANKS! I see the third version already dropped before I could flash the second.

Has anyone flashed the Franco Kernel?

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
THANKS! I see the third version already dropped before I could flash the second.

Has anyone flashed the Franco Kernel?

Yes I have been using the Franco Kernel for awhile. I've gone and tried others, but I keep coming back to the Franco Kernel. Has been stable, quick, and best for battery for me on pretty much all the Roms I've tried including redemption.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I like how lou does videos on his roms and kernels. Makes the rom personal and approachable. Plus he looks like a down to earth guy.

I will get on this rom oneday soon.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Running now and really like it but I really need the gamma fix for my screen, is that available anywhere?
Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Tried out RR, didn't like the performance when I was playing games (specifically GTA III). Games would lag a lot. Tried using Franco's kernel, same result. Went back to Bugless Beast. I haven't found a ROM to rival Pete's BB yet.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I honestly don't know what the basis behind Quandrant and Antutu benchmarking is, but I got consistently lower scores running RR than Pete's BB.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
My wife was using her Maxx (stock image) to access her college website, and I was using this ROM on my GNex to access the same site at the same time and this ran circles around her phone. (I was using Chrome against her Dolphin Browser).
She even commented how my phone was so much faster than hers... :p

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My wife was using her Maxx (stock image) to access her college website, and I was using this ROM on my GNex to access the same site at the same time and this ran circles around her phone. (I was using Chrome against her Dolphin Browser).
She even commented how my phone was so much faster than hers... :p

Well Chrome owns. Her's is technically faster b/c the MAXX has to push a far less stressful/intense screen, hence benchmarks and such are fairly close.