07-03-2013 02:33 PM
30 12
tools
    I just flashed my first ROM and I appear to be on codename android successfully. However my android market is gone...or at least I can't find it. Can I go on myback up and get my apps back for this ROM?? Please help!!!
    01-16-2012 09:27 PM
    Click on the link called Gapps, download...boot to recovery and install, should take care of it. Link is to the codename posts, it's the first link on the first post

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...en-source.html
    01-16-2012 09:34 PM
    ok I'm sorry but could you be a little more specific with the directions of what I exactly need to do? I'm a giant nublet at this
    chayes995 likes this.
    01-16-2012 09:39 PM
    ok I'm sorry but could you be a little more specific with the directions of what I exactly need to do? I'm a giant nublet at this
    click on the link atlas provided and in the first post download Gapps and install it the same way you would a ROM
    01-16-2012 09:41 PM
    download the zip, place a copy of it on the phone, reboot to recovery, select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard, find the file and install, isn't much different than installing the ROM, just don't need to wipe the phone to install the google apps.
    01-16-2012 09:44 PM
    I installed it with ROMmanager, which I don't have because I have no market....which means I sorta screwed myself. I followed the step by step directions in the sticky but I didn't have an "install from SD card" option in the boot screen
    01-16-2012 09:44 PM
    Recovery should have an option to install from sdcard, if there isn't it will be beyond my skill level, never ran into a problem like that.
    01-16-2012 09:49 PM
    I installed it with ROMmanager, which I don't have because I have no market....which means I sorta screwed myself. I followed the step by step directions in the sticky but I didn't have an "install from SD card" option in the boot screen
    It won't be an option on the initial bootloader screen. You have to select Recovery Mode, then the Install from SD card option will be available.
    01-16-2012 10:04 PM
    reeeeealllly stupid question...I just got a macbook pro (first time mac user), do I put the gapps file on my phone using the terminal on my computer? I feel like such an ***** even over an anonymous forum lol
    01-16-2012 10:11 PM
    An easier way would be: once you get into Recovery Mode (aka ClockworkMod Recovery), go to: mounts and storage -> mount USB storage, then plug your phone into your computer via USB. You should then be able to drag and drop the file onto you're phone's SD card from your Mac.
    llasch likes this.
    01-16-2012 10:18 PM
    Thank you very much for the help...I am throwing in the towel tonight as I have to be up early but rest assured I will be back tomorrow with questions.
    01-16-2012 10:20 PM
    Thank you very much for the help...I am throwing in the towel tonight as I have to be up early but rest assured I will be back tomorrow with questions.
    No problem. Good luck
    01-16-2012 10:22 PM
    My mac doesn't seem to be recognizing that I have connected my phone (yes I am in debugging) so I can't find the sd card folder to drop gapps into. Am I missing a driver or something?
    01-17-2012 06:40 PM
    Do I drop it the zip file?? Do I unzip it and drop in the entire unzipped folder? Where the hell do I drop it into on my mac if I can't see the sd folder? I'm so close.. this is frustrating lol

EDIT: when I follow the steps given by rag it says "E: unable to open ums lunfile (no such file or directory)"
    01-17-2012 06:51 PM
    now I tried android file transfer on my mac, created a ROMS file, put the zips on the sdcard and followed rags steps to flash from recovery and I don't even get the same looking screens. After I wipe my davlik cache i have to press 'go back' to see the install from sdcard and when I select the zip nothing gets installed. I'm on Clockwork Mod Recov. version 5.5.0.4

for the love of god someone help me...I feel like I've tried everything. I used to love this macbook pro now I'm starting to despise it because I know if I had a trusty PC I wouldn't be having ANY problems

EDIT: Since I was able to get the zips to show up on my phone, I flashed the ROM from rommanager (without the apps of course) and went to recovery and tried to install the gapps from recovery and it says it can't install and says the word "bad" in there. uuuuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhhhh. I can't flash from recovery, I can flash from ROM Manager but its useless because I can't get my apps when I'm running code android....
    01-17-2012 09:11 PM
    bump....heeeellllp
    01-18-2012 07:41 AM
    Did you make a backup before you flashed codename?
    If so you can restore your back up and start all over again.
    Or if you didnt make a back up you can still download a fresh copy of the rom and a copy of the Gapps to your phone
    I would flash though directly tho CWM and not rom manger tho if you dont know to do it tho CWM ask more questions.
    You can download to your phone a fresh copy of the Rom directly to your phone: Codename 1.1.1,its the last one under the downloads list in the link I posted.

Download a fresh copy of Gapps directly to your phone its the first one listed under the downloads in this link and then and then follow these instructrutions:

Flashing Instructions

Always make sure your have a current backup before flashing anything
    1. Wipe everything in recovery
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Flash GApps
    4. Reboot
    5. Sign in and enjoy
    6. May want to reboot if your experiencing any lag
    01-18-2012 09:20 AM
    Did you make a backup before you flashed codename?
    If so you can restore your back up and start all over again.
    Or if you didnt make a back up you can still download a fresh copy of the rom and a copy of the Gapps to your phone
    I would flash though directly tho CWM and not rom manger tho if you dont know to do it tho CWM ask more questions.
    You can download to your phone a fresh copy of the Rom directly to your phone: Codename 1.1.1,its the last one under the downloads list in the link I posted.

Download a fresh copy of Gapps directly to your phone its the first one listed under the downloads in this link and then and then follow these instructrutions:

Flashing Instructions

Always make sure your have a current backup before flashing anything
    1. Wipe everything in recovery
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Flash GApps
    4. Reboot
    5. Sign in and enjoy
    6. May want to reboot if your experiencing any lag
    Yes I have made a backup and have been restoring to that on my many attempts to get this ROM working with GApps. My problem is that I cannot flash the ROM or the GApps zips from CWM and can only flash/install the ROM from ROM Manager. However when I do this I get the ROM working but I don't have an android market, to get ROM Manager back to install GApps. When I tried installing GApps first from ROM manager when I booted my phone I got a pop-up that would not go away so I could not install the ROM itself... so essentially the ROM is working but its doesn't matter because I can't get ANY of my apps on the ROM.

My problem is I can't do the installation/flashing (are these terms considered the same?) from CWM and I don't know why. I have followed the tutorials to a T and I don't even get the same looking CWM screen (diff. version of CWM?) that the screenshots show after I wipe my caches and it comes time to install the ROM from the sd card. I am really starting to lose my mind over this.
    01-18-2012 09:37 AM
    When you say that your able to flash/install the Rom using Rom Manager are you downloading the Rom through Rom Manager? If that's true then your problem is downloading using your Mac and transferring the file to your sdcard.
    Just download both the Rom and GApps file and do not unzip or rename, place on your sdcard (the root which means not in any folders). Then using a file manager like root explorer go to your sdcard and look for both files and they should look like this picture.

Then reboot into recovery and wipe data and cache which should be the 3rd and 4th options.
    After wiping select the second option "install zip from sdcard" which will show all file on your sdcard, you will need to locate the Rom and select it after it installs repeat and flash the Gapps.
    Reboot and you should be good to go.
    llasch likes this.
    01-18-2012 09:56 AM
    When you say that your able to flash/install the Rom using Rom Manager are you downloading the Rom through Rom Manager? If that's true then your problem is downloading using your Mac and transferring the file to your sdcard.
    Just download both the Rom and GApps file and do not unzip or rename, place on your sdcard (the root which means not in any folders). Then using a file manager like root explorer go to your sdcard and look for both files and they should look like this picture.
    Click to view quoted image

Then reboot into recovery and wipe data and cache which should be the 3rd and 4th options.
    After wiping select the second option "install zip from sdcard" which will show all file on your sdcard, you will need to locate the Rom and select it after it installs repeat and flash the Gapps.
    Reboot and you should be good to go.
    Yes when I successfully get just the ROM running I believe it is the one I d/l directly from ROM Manager. I did however download the 1.1.1 and GApps to my mac and used the aforementioned Android File Transfer program to transfer the file to my phone. Yes I DID create a folder that I can see in my file manager called ROMs and dropped them into there. When you say copy to the root do I just drop it amongst the regular files?
    01-18-2012 10:07 AM
    Yes when I successfully get just the ROM running I believe it is the one I d/l directly from ROM Manager. I did however download the 1.1.1 and GApps to my mac and used the aforementioned Android File Transfer program to transfer the file to my phone. Yes I DID create a folder that I can see in my file manager called ROMs and dropped them into there. When you say copy to the root do I just drop it amongst the regular files?
    Yes it must be on the root (with the regular files) to work, if you have it in a folder named root or whatever it won't work. Try moving both files to the root and try again i bet it works.
    llasch likes this.
    01-18-2012 10:11 AM
    I will try this and report back. Another quick question, with future ROMs do you suggest strictly doing it in this manner? IE download it to your computer and drag and drop? Is there any reason to use ROM Manager over the previous method?
    01-18-2012 10:16 AM
    I prefer downloading using a computer I think it has less of a chance of error or having issues.
    llasch likes this.
    01-18-2012 10:22 AM
    Made a baby step of progress...I successfully installed the ROM from recovery, however when I tried to install GApps after it it showed the pic of the little droid tipped over with a red triangle'd exclamation mark and said "bad".

Do I need to do the wipe steps again after I install the ROM or go straight into installing GApps? Maybe I have a bad download of GApps? Those two scenarios are the only thing I can think of at the moment.
    01-18-2012 10:32 AM
    No need to wipe again after installing the rom, I would guess you have a bad download of GApps and would recommend downloading again.
    llasch likes this.
    01-18-2012 10:41 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD