[ROM] Android Open Kang Project

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Based on the number of post for this ROM over on rootzwiki, it's hugely popular. Has anyone here tried it? I'm running (and loving) Codename Android 1.1.4, but half the fun of owning this phone is all the stuff we can install on it. Just wondering if anybody has tried this toro ROM and how they liked it?

EDIT: Here's the link to the actual ROM thread: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/12451-rom-android-open-kang-project-toro-build-19-jan-17/

Last edited:

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anybody try the Open Kang Project- toro ROM?

I have tried it and it is a very good ROM. It's very similar to codename since they share alot of the same features. For me, I didn't particularly like the big gaudy toggle notifications and prefer the much more simple ones like in cm and codename. I have not tried AOKP since about 3 versions ago, but I liked what I saw.

anon(160997)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I love it, and highly recommend it to anyone. But as with anything, it comes down to personal preference. I'd say give it a shot.

Sent from my Galaxy Sexus using Tapatalk

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

I have tried it and it is a very good ROM. It's very similar to codename since they share alot of the same features. For me, I didn't particularly like the big gaudy toggle notifications and prefer the much more simple ones like in cm and codename. I have not tried AOKP since about 3 versions ago, but I liked what I saw.

If you check the "Alternative Toggles" box in ROM Control, you actually get buttons that are the same size as in CM but much nicer to look at. They were redone a couple versions ago.

Reactions: zero neck

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

This is my current daily driver

Super stable rom, battery life has been excellent

And I love the big toggles in the notification pull down
They fit the ics theme and look as if they were done by Google

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

I switched from Codename 1.1.1 to AOKP Build 19 and I really like it. The creator of AOKP does great work and everyone should try it out.

Last edited:

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I've loved it since build 8! CNA is a kang of AOKP. There isn't a more stable, modded, with themers, ROM available.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

I tried AOKP a few versions back and I liked it, but I liked codename better. Flashed the new AOKP today and its now my new daily driver.

acousticgtarist#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

I'm on AOKP at the moment, and have tried Codename as well. I'm not quite sure which one I like more. Both were used with Franco's Kernel. I try too many rom/kernel combos to ever really figure out which one works the best for me...

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

Is there anyway we could change this thread title to [ROM] Android Open Kang Project - toro build 19 [Jan 17] or create a new thread solely for discussion on this amazing ROM?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

I've loved it since build 8! CNA is a kang of AOKP. There isn't a more stable, modded, with themers, ROM available.

I heard a few of the developers were getting pissed at codename for using stuff from other roms w/o permission.

Totally agree...aokp is the one to run.

number3pencil

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
romans aokp b19 and leankernal is AMAZING

If you are using a Verizon galaxy nexus and you haven't rooted,, now is the time. I personally have found this setup to be the most snappy,responsive and power saving option. Just a bit better than aokp with Franco kernal.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded this Rom and the GApps .Hows the battery life ?
I fiqured I'd ask ha,,,, I probably flash it anyways just to check it out tho :)

shanimal92

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Its a very nice rom. Runs super smooth (Antutu benchmark score of 6900 w/ Franco#13.) I actually like the big notification with the brightness slider. all other roms only have a button that makes the screen dim or brighten to a specific percentage, but this one actually has a slider. Plus, i like the pink unicorn start up animation.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax