[ROM] Android Open Kang Project

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Milestone 5 will be out sometime today. Of course, I just flashed build 34 yesterday so what else could I expect. :rolleyes:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Been waiting for this. PZ is starting to act up.

Scratch that. ITS OUT. Looks like I'll be flashing tonight. Can't wait!

Last edited:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Been waiting for this. PZ is starting to act up.

Scratch that. ITS OUT. Looks like I'll be flashing tonight. Can't wait!

I have m5 up and running and just finished setting everything up. As usual, I'm running it with LeanKernel and so far so good.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have m5 up and running and just finished setting everything up. As usual, I'm running it with LeanKernel and so far so good.

Can't wait. I have to wait till tomorrow to load it up. Waaaay to many drinks tonight to be messing with a new ROM. Would probably take me 5 hours to set up in this condition! Lol

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
How is it without using the default kernel? My buddy told me that there is some sort of fire and brimstone "use our b/c of the new 4.0.4 patches" thing in the RW thread.

That being said, will obviously be flashing franco lol

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
How is it without using the default kernel? My buddy told me that there is some sort of fire and brimstone "use our b/c of the new 4.0.4 patches" thing in the RW thread.

Running M5 with Franco M3 and it's running superbly . I don't even boot after flashing a ROM until I flash a Franco kernel anymore.

ROM > 20120317 gapps > Franco kernel.

Profit :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: AZDROIDX

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the stock kernel (not fauxs) then autoflashed M3. Just had a reboot, but meh, I'm too tired to fight with it right now.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

LeanKernel incorporated the 4.0.4 kernel updates a couple of versions ago. I'm familiar with the LK tweaks and options so I generally flash it whenever I load a new ROM.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Running M5 with Franco M3 and it's running superbly . I don't even boot after flashing a ROM until I flash a Franco kernel anymore.

ROM > 20120317 gapps > Franco kernel.

Profit :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
What about the FA02 Radios. I Flashed them last. I didnt know if M5 had them.

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Flashed M5. Very quick and smooth so far. Only think I notice is that my signal strength is way down. Where I usually have full 3G and 4G (NYC) I know I have about three bars 3G and 1-2 of 4G.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My signal has been fine. Immediately flashed franco kernel though. Not sure if faux is paying the AOKP guys, but his kernels are simply outclassed IMHO.

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My signal has been fine. Immediately flashed franco kernel though. Not sure if faux is paying the AOKP guys, but his kernels are simply outclassed IMHO.

Where can I download the flashable zip of francos kernel? I've been wanting to try it out, might as well now

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Where can I download the flashable zip of francos kernel? I've been wanting to try it out, might as well now

If you don't have the app, I would check his threads on XDA and RW. There should be a link there for them. I'm using Milestone 3, which IMO, is the best kernel out there right now.

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My Lair Defense app data was not restored. All my time played while commuting...devastating

If you don't have the app, I would check his threads on XDA and RW. There should be a link there for them. I'm using Milestone 3, which IMO, is the best kernel out there right now.

Found it and will look it over, thanks

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Custom roms almost never come with radios included.

Whatever radio you have will persist unless you change it.

That also goes for nandroid backups - they don't save your radio versions.

Thanks for the info. I am still trying to figure out which radio works best.

So on M5 if I reboot I always get the "Unfortunately maps stopped " Pop up twice.
Anyone else getting this? EDIT: Reinstalled Maps and problem went away. Maybe had something to do with the backup on titanium

Last edited:

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
?updated to IMM76I
◦differences between IMM76D and IMM76I are ALL in the Galaxy Nexus kernel

◦we updated the Galaxy Nexus kernel to Faux?s 16m kernel by default, which incorporates the fixes from IMM76I

Above quote is from the milestone 5 release. I don't claim to know anything about IMM76I mumbo but I am just wondering if flashing different kernels would muck up anything.
Some of you probably have flashed francos so the above may mean absolutely nothing.
Maybe its romans way of saying please use faux's kernel. :)

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
?updated to IMM76I
◦differences between IMM76D and IMM76I are ALL in the Galaxy Nexus kernel

◦we updated the Galaxy Nexus kernel to Faux?s 16m kernel by default, which incorporates the fixes from IMM76I

Above quote is from the milestone 5 release. I don't claim to know anything about IMM76I mumbo but I am just wondering if flashing different kernels would muck up anything.
Some of you probably have flashed francos so the above may mean absolutely nothing.
Maybe its romans way of saying please use faux's kernel. :)

you can use francos, it's just that faux's kernel and m5 has the latest changes from source incorporated.

everyone else's next kernel release will have them as well, i assume.

Reactions: davey11

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech