Question Regarding Battery on any new Rom

acousticgtarist#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Might be a silly question, but I'm not sure so I'll ask.
When loading a new rom, does it take a couple of days on the new rom for the battery to reach it's full potential?
Meaning, is it comparable to when we all first bought the phone and had to give it a few days for the battery to...calibrate I guess.

Reason I'm asking is because I can't seem to get good battery life on any of the roms I've tried so far, Codename and AOKP. I've tried them "stock" and also with kernels.

I'm wondering if it's because I'm just not giving the phone enough time to settle in with the rom.

pika446

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it usually does take a few cycles for the phone to adjust and recalibrate the battery
You can also use BatteryCalibration in the market to help you out with it

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it usually does take a few cycles for the phone to adjust and recalibrate the battery
You can also use BatteryCalibration in the market to help you out with it

According to Google, wiping battery stats (which is what the battery calibration app does) has zero affect on battery life. An engineer came out last week and said that. Apparently all wiping the stats does is erases the history of how much battery each app has used, and stats are wiped every time your battery is fully charged anyway.

That said though, it does seem like over a few days battery life does improve so maybe there is still settling or calibration happening.

acousticgtarist#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
According to Google, wiping battery stats (which is what the battery calibration app does) has zero affect on battery life. An engineer came out last week and said that. Apparently all wiping the stats does is erases the history of how much battery each app has used, and stats are wiped every time your battery is fully charged anyway.

That said though, it does seem like over a few days battery life does improve so maybe there is still settling or calibration happening.

I'm hoping that's the case, though after running codename's newest build, my battery life has been better so far, even after just running it for 1 day. I'll try sticking with it till Sunday and see if I see it get any better.