Codename 1.0.1 to 1.1.4 quick info?

j1787

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Just want to know if a full wipe is required for this?

Also any issues that might exist with LTE GNex? I need to work as a daily driver.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I always wipe data unless the developer says not which wasn't said with this update.

Better safe then sorry :)

No issues it's my daily driver

edit - had to change was to wasn't must have been in a hurry :p

dzyuba

May 23, 2011
Visit site
According to his instructions he requires a full wipe going to any update. Some people have done "dirty" updates with no apparent issues but if you want it to work right why take chances.

truthhunter

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have 1.0.1 running but have been reluctant to install the update because I hate having to set up my home screens all over again, setting up widgets again, email settings, and etc. Can anyone recommend a way to restore all of that stuff easily.. I love trying new Rom's but setting everything up every time is the killer. Also I have Titanium and MyBackup if there is a solution to be found there.

revickulous2001

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have 1.0.1 running but have been reluctant to install the update because I hate having to set up my home screens all over again, setting up widgets again, email settings, and etc. Can anyone recommend a way to restore all of that stuff easily.. I love trying new Rom's but setting everything up every time is the killer. Also I have Titanium and MyBackup if there is a solution to be found there.

Nova Launcher can automate all of that for you.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven't heard anymore about the update but really haven't spent any time looking either. If anyone catches before please pm me so I can update the OP.

Edit just heard its dropping sometime today :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
here you go.

if you are rooted install it as a system app.
If you are not rooted install it as a regular apk but just so you know that not installing it as a system app makes the widget tab appear empty.

You will have to resort to holding down an area on the background an load a widget the old way.

Nova Launcher Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar