[RLF][THEME] Red Synergy 4/1/12

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RLF][THEME] Red Synergy 1/25/12

Updated to support v1.4.0

Thanks to mr_arson for testing it out for me.

See OP for download link.

Reactions: mr_arson

mr_arson

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: [RLF][THEME] Red Synergy 2/24/12

i finally dabbled in some smali and xml editing. I also photochopped some new icons, rings, halos, etc etc...

Threw in the circular mod from Nates theme. Added 5 rows instead of 4 on homescreens. Cut the softkey size in half and added reverse glow mod on softkeys. changed a couple other icons and text colors..

I started with pauls synergy theme
Mixed in some natemodz red theme icons and xmls - NateModz *updated 2/25/12* [AOKP 26][CNA 1.4.0] Red Nova Launcher 1.0.1 Mod - RootzWiki - Page 53
reverse softkey mod - Simple....Yet Sexy Mod - RootzWiki
mini softkeys - [MOD] Another NavBar Mod - Half Pint Bar (AOKP b25)(Black Ex R5-b25)(NateModZ_red_Cna 1.4 & AOKP B25) - RootzWiki
And added some of my own tweaks here and there..

Check it. =D Thanks paul and nate, couldnt have done this with out you guys for sure!! Few more minor tweaks (transparent status bar and softkeys, color changes on fonts) and ima be done with mine! =D

Last edited:

mr_arson

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Hey man! I have a question...been trying to theme contacts.apk but every single time i do it causes an FC after i push it.

Were you using apktool? apkmultitool? Eclipse? to recomp these?? I cant get contacts to recomp and work for the life of me! =(

Basically contacts(people) work. But when selecting the phone icon, it keeps crashing.. =(

Thanks man!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Hey man! I have a question...been trying to theme contacts.apk but every single time i do it causes an FC after i push it.

Were you using apktool? apkmultitool? Eclipse? to recomp these?? I cant get contacts to recomp and work for the life of me! =(

Basically contacts(people) work. But when selecting the phone icon, it keeps crashing.. =(

Thanks man!!
There is a known bug with Contacts.apk

Only thing you can mod currently in it is the pngs.

You can decompile it so you get your pngs or .9.pngs if needed, edit those how you like then recompile it. (This step is only necessary to recompile if you have modified 9 pngs)

Next take those images you modified out of the unsignedContacts.apk and drop them manually into a stock-untouched Contacts.apk using 7zip or WinRAR and flash that.

Unfortunately that is the best we got at this moment, the question has been raised about this since ICS was dropped and it still hasn't been resolved. Its an issue either with APK TOOL or smali/baksmali.

Edit: Let me make it clear since I didn't hit on it perfectly above... If you de compile and re compile the Contacts.apk and try to push or flash it won't work. You can only take modified pngs and drop them into a stock Contacts.apk and use that.

Last edited:
Reactions: mr_arson

mr_arson

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Oh yeah, I know, Ive tried.. over and over.. lol same thing happens every time..

Gunna read some more on it... been looking at a VM image of linux for eclipse... we will seee..

Thanks again bro!!

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried to flash this over code name 1.5 and got into a boot loop? Do I have to flash it over code name 1.4?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried to flash this over code name 1.5 and got into a boot loop? Do I have to flash it over code name 1.4?

Yes this is only updated to v1.4.0

Plus I just had a hard drive failure last week and currently can't do any updates until my laptop is up later this coming week.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response Paul I am new to nexus rooting and loving it. Can't wait for the update? Are there other themes for code name 1.5 I can check out?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Yep, Dell repair tech is in route later today with a new hard drive and a system board....

I know.. Its a Dell... :p

mr_arson

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

ack man im still on 1.40 cna. Hoping you can update !! =D If you need any of your old theme files lemme know!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

As my luck would have it I got the hard drive replaced, got back up and running and 2 days later I had another failure! Yes I know what luck is that... A brand new hard drive and it had bad sectors on it so they had to replace it again....

I will try and get an update out here shortly... I need to redownload the last theme so I can pull the pngs from it so I don't have to start from scratch...