Galaxy Nexus Problem! USB BURNT OUT

iceberghs

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I was charging my Galaxy Nexus and realized it was not charging. I unplugged it and the cord was hot as hell. The mini-usb had a burnt smell to it. The USB port doesn't work anymore on the phone. The problem is that I need a replacement but my phone is rooted. I don't want to void my warranty so I need to unroot it and relock it. How do I do this without a USB? I have already tried adb wireless. The problem is that I lose connection when it reboots to the bootloader. Is there an app or way to do this all on my phone without a computer? Any help would be much appreciated!

guitardedhero

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I was charging my Galaxy Nexus and realized it was not charging. I unplugged it and the cord was hot as hell. The mini-usb had a burnt smell to it. The USB port doesn't work anymore on the phone. The problem is that I need a replacement but my phone is rooted. I don't want to void my warranty so I need to unroot it and relock it. How do I do this without a USB? I have already tried adb wireless. The problem is that I lose connection when it reboots to the bootloader. Is there an app or way to do this all on my phone without a computer? Any help would be much appreciated!

Same exact thing happened to me, never noticed heat or burning smell. I couldn't unroot and relock either and just took it to vzw yesterday, will get a refurb on Monday and had no issues in store. Highly doubt I'll get hassled once it's shipped back.

iceberghs

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
cant you transfer the stock images by wifi and then flash them in recovery? that will lock it all back up

How do I flash the stock images without a usb connection? I can flash the rom without USB but not all of the stock images. Is there an app I can flash the images with in recovery? I wish I could use clockworkmod to do that.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the only way to relock it is with a USB connection.

At the very least you can get a stock ROM and flash it, then do a full wipe.

Have you tried relocking it with like Wugs? it's possible that the port might still work for communication even if it won't charge.

Another option is to knock the battery all the way down before you bring it into the store so it won't boot up on the battery. Less of a chance of them trying too hard to look at it there.

good luck!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

guitardedhero

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
My USB is useless connected to computer, vzw rep just plugged it in to see if it would charge. Get my refurb tomorrow and gonna have to send my old one back unlocked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay