OTA Update IMM30B 4.04

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
You mean CWM, if so,
It's flash-able, the one I downloaded was zip file, change the name to update, put it in sdcard, then flash using CWM :)

Finally got it. Had to downgrade from the leaked radios and installed perfectly.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Developers don't like when asked for delivery dates but I'm sure all of us are waiting and would like it asap

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Except that is for roms. I am not asking for their rom to include this just a simple zip file to be flashed through CWM

khalid.hart

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I renamed the file to update.zip and followed Jerry's instructions, yet I am getting an error when I try to flash the zip.

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "toro" || getprop("ro.build.product") =="toro"

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on a fix? I am totally stock. Unlocked the bootloader the first day, no root, no custom radios.

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I edited Phil's instructions for applying the update. This is how I did it and it worked. I am on the stock rom with an unlocked bootloader. Hope it helps

The prerequisites:

You need the Android SDK installed. Note the path.
You need fastboot. (Windows)
You need to unlock your bootloader. If you haven't done that (and you really should), here's how.
Download the update here.
Download the latest ClockWorkmod recovery image from here.

Now, the instructions:

Copy the OTA package above to the /sdcard folder on your Galaxy Nexus
Drop the ClockworkMod file in the same folder you have fastboot in on your computer in the SDK folder (either /tools or /platform-tools). Rename it to cwm.img to make things easy.
Reboot your Galaxy Nexus to bootloader mode (hold volume-up and volume-down, then press power).
Plug your phone into your computer, and open a command prompt or terminal. Navigate to the folder with fastboot and the cwm.img inside it.
At the command line, type the following: fastboot.exe boot cwm.img
Use the ClockWorkMod recovery menu to flash a zip file from the SD card, and choose the OTA zip file you downloaded earlier.
Let things run their course.

csagona

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I renamed the file to update.zip and followed Jerry's instructions, yet I am getting an error when I try to flash the zip.

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "toro" || getprop("ro.build.product") =="toro"

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on a fix? I am totally stock. Unlocked the bootloader the first day, no root, no custom radios.

I am getting the same error. Unlocked bootload and rooted. Everything else stock on my Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Any improvement in signal strenght dbms compaired to before flashing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

My signal seems to be holding better. Before it would fluctuate between 4-2 bars all the time now it seems to stay at 4 bars more. Hopefully this will also help with battery life.

khalid.hart

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the same error. Unlocked bootload and rooted. Everything else stock on my Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus.

Make sure you are using the correct CWM. You need recovery-clockwork-5.5.0.4-toro.img. Somehow I used the wrong version. Installed without issue once I used that one, running 4.0.4 now.

StvB#AC

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Just did the update thru CWM and it worked but according to OTA Rootkeeper I lost root. Still might be worth it if radios are improved.

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I am stock everything, locked loader & downloaded the file, renamed to update.zip, powered down & got the Start screen saying it was downloading & stayed there for 20mins. Till I just powered off...what am i doing wrong?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I am stock everything, locked loader & downloaded the file, renamed to update.zip, powered down & got the Start screen saying it was downloading & stayed there for 20mins. Till I just powered off...what am i doing wrong?

You have to go into recovery. Press and hold volume up + down and the power button. Then you'll get an Android with a Red ! Triangle. Press volume up and the power button to bring up the recovery menu. I'm still trying to figure out what to do from there.

TweeterMan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I edited Phil's instructions for applying the update. This is how I did it and it worked. I am on the stock rom with an unlocked bootloader. Hope it helps

The prerequisites:

You need the Android SDK installed. Note the path.
You need fastboot. (Windows)
You need to unlock your bootloader. If you haven't done that (and you really should), here's how.
Download the update here.
Download the latest ClockWorkmod recovery image from here.

Now, the instructions:

Copy the OTA package above to the /sdcard folder on your Galaxy Nexus
Drop the ClockworkMod file in the same folder you have fastboot in on your computer in the SDK folder (either /tools or /platform-tools). Rename it to cwm.img to make things easy.
Reboot your Galaxy Nexus to bootloader mode (hold volume-up and volume-down, then press power).
Plug your phone into your computer, and open a command prompt or terminal. Navigate to the folder with fastboot and the cwm.img inside it.
At the command line, type the following: fastboot.exe boot cwm.img
Use the ClockWorkMod recovery menu to flash a zip file from the SD card, and choose the OTA zip file you downloaded earlier.
Let things run their course.

For those wondering what I did to make it work, that's exactly it. I was also rooted, dunno if OP was. Seems to also not matter if you boot into the regular or the touch CWM.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
For those wondering what I did to make it work, that's exactly it. I was also rooted, dunno if OP was. Seems to also not matter if you boot into the regular or the touch CWM.
I did this. Just after reverting mine from AOKP to stock 4.0.1 -> 4.0.2. Downloaded the touch recovery, booted into it through fastboot, did a backup and flashed the 4.0.4. update, no problems.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You have to go into recovery. Press and hold volume up + down and the power button. Then you'll get an Android with a Red ! Triangle. Press volume up and the power button to bring up the recovery menu. I'm still trying to figure out what to do from there.

You have to have the bootloader unlocked.

speedracercjr

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Installed with no problems using the instructions provided by masterxchief. So far seems like it's running ok, we'll see how it goes over the next couple of days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan