OTA Update IMM30B 4.04

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
If anyone knows how to get the Update.zip file to be in.the cacha folder please let.us know

Yeah I'd like to know. I don't to root and unlock just to flash the 404 update. My wife wants her phone stock so I want to keep it that way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

cmajews1

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I edited Phil's instructions for applying the update. This is how I did it and it worked. I am on the stock rom with an unlocked bootloader. Hope it helps

The prerequisites:

You need the Android SDK installed. Note the path.
You need fastboot. (Windows)
You need to unlock your bootloader. If you haven't done that (and you really should), here's how.
Download the update here.
Download the latest ClockWorkmod recovery image from here.

Now, the instructions:

Copy the OTA package above to the /sdcard folder on your Galaxy Nexus
Drop the ClockworkMod file in the same folder you have fastboot in on your computer in the SDK folder (either /tools or /platform-tools). Rename it to cwm.img to make things easy.
Reboot your Galaxy Nexus to bootloader mode (hold volume-up and volume-down, then press power).
Plug your phone into your computer, and open a command prompt or terminal. Navigate to the folder with fastboot and the cwm.img inside it.
At the command line, type the following: fastboot.exe boot cwm.img
Use the ClockWorkMod recovery menu to flash a zip file from the SD card, and choose the OTA zip file you downloaded earlier.
Let things run their course.

Will using this method keep stock recovery? if not is there a way to temporarily install CWM?

kayefjay

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
My programs keep crashing and trying to send a bug report to my self. Ive called 2 people and the phones dialed someone else so just be aware

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
My programs keep crashing and trying to send a bug report to my self. Ive called 2 people and the phones dialed someone else so just be aware

Did you do a factory reset after you installed the update? Are you fully stock and did you just update with the ota from the first post?

Also does the ota from the first post include the radios and everything?

Harvey Wallbanger

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Re: Unofficial Changelog/Feature List

[NOTE]Not sure if this has been posted yet but I found this unofficial changelog/feature list over at XDA.

Thanks to kangxi - xda developers

Remember this is unofficial but the user really seems to be going to great lengths to test this thing out...

[INFO]Unofficial Android 4.0.4 Changelog

Work In Progress. Will update as I discover more:

• Noticeably Faster
  • Android OS bug fixed (in battery stats)
  • Long-pressing on a blank spot on the last page of app tray bug is gone
  • New Radios. 3G/4G switching MUCH better. Don't even notice it changing.
  • Improved signal strength
  • New Power Menu. New from 4.0.2, familiar to those who have used a stock 4.0.3 rom. Screenshot here
  • PRIMELA03 Bootloader
  • Faster boot up time
  • Auto-brightness Functionality changed. Smooth transition
  • Holding down camera button now refocuses again
  • Multitouch issue seems resolved. Screenshot here
  • Autorotate is faster
  • Browser performance noticeably improved
  • Recent apps list opens faster
  • Miscellaneous camera UI changes
  • Increased volume
  • Keyboard fixes
  • Updated News & Weather app UI
  • Improved quick controls in browser. New when coming from 4.0.2. Present in 4.0.3. Screenshot here (Update: 02/05)

[/INFO][/NOTE]

I think its safe to add "improved playback of music while screen is dark" to that list. One other person besides me has confirmed this, but perhaps someone else who's had the bug before can confirm its improved (if not completely squashed.)

silentjosh37

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I installed the update last night and reverted today, I had noticed a few nagging bugs that I think I will wait to be resolved since 4.02 is doing pretty damn well for me.

First bug I noticed is when going to the unlock screen it looks dull and lags a bit more than 4.02.

Secondly it seems as though "clicking" icons on the homepage arent as responsive.

Thirdly everytime I shut off the phone and boot it back up Google+ keeps popping up in my app draw even after I disable it. Not a huge issue but thats one of the best parts of ICS is being able to disable the apps you cant uninstall.

I am left wondering if anyone else is having these issues or if its just me, and if no one has noticed them yet.

porlo#AC

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Used stock 4.0.4 for more than a week, no issues, only improvements. For anyone who wants to keep stock ROM and stock recovery, you ONLY need to unlock the bootloader. No need to root or change the stock recovery. Only downside is that when you unlock the boot loader all data will be wiped. But this is a one time process that would benefit you down the road.

Once boot loader is unlocked, follow instructions from previous posts in this thread to boot the phone into CWM (not flushing it so stock recovery is intact) and flash the zip file from there. Once the update is done and the phone is restarted, CWM is gone and you are in stock 4.0.4!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DarkTattoo

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
It is a real update as i have already installed it a week ago via a leak. To answer your question( if no one hasn't didn't go through every comment. You can maintain root with Voodoo OTA Root Keeper by Supercurio.Thats what I did to keep root and flash the leaked build/OTA update.I hope this helped. This is a "FACT NOT GUESSWORK!" I used the app and it works flawlessly and its very easy to use also. Good Luck.

iviustang50h

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Will using this method keep stock recovery? if not is there a way to temporarily install CWM?

No, but the Root Toolkit method will. You also do not need to be rooted to flash the update. You simply unlock the bootloader using the toolkit (which wipes the phone), then boot into CWM recovery without flashing it permanently. Then you can flash the update, which can be found here.

This is the exact method I used. Oh, and here is the link:

[GNex TOOLKIT V5.3] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE [GSM] - xda-developers

I installed the update last night and reverted today, I had noticed a few nagging bugs that I think I will wait to be resolved since 4.02 is doing pretty damn well for me.

First bug I noticed is when going to the unlock screen it looks dull and lags a bit more than 4.02.

Secondly it seems as though "clicking" icons on the homepage arent as responsive.

Thirdly everytime I shut off the phone and boot it back up Google+ keeps popping up in my app draw even after I disable it. Not a huge issue but thats one of the best parts of ICS is being able to disable the apps you cant uninstall.

I am left wondering if anyone else is having these issues or if its just me, and if no one has noticed them yet.

I have none of those issues and have only seen improvements, as others have mentioned.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I just noticed today that there is an option in the security page to decide if the power button immediately locks the device or not. That was always a pet peeve of mine because I would accidently turn it off and then have to re-enter my pin to get back in.

Reactions: LabRat

anon(240118)

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Late adopter, but finally decided to unlock and upgrade to 4.0.4. Lot of instructions out there, and they really didn't work for me. So....

1. Backup, unlock, restore. (Wugs toolkit)
2. Copy signed update file to GN internal storage
2. Boot into bootloader mode.
3. Plugged in USB cable and my Verizon GN immediately went to CM recovery screen (I never installed CM)
4. Selected update from SD card, next screen to locate file, and selected yes.
5. All updated, new radios etc.

:D

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Late adopter, but finally decided to unlock and upgrade to 4.0.4. Lot of instructions out there, and they really didn't work for me. So....

1. Backup, unlock, restore. (Wugs toolkit)
2. Copy signed update file to GN internal storage
2. Boot into bootloader mode.
3. Plugged in USB cable and my Verizon GN immediately went to CM recovery screen (I never installed CM)
4. Selected update from SD card, next screen to locate file, and selected yes.
5. All updated, new radios etc.

:D

you did this in sdk?
I hate sdk.'
are you saying you just used rom manager booted into recovery and installed the zip file?

anon(240118)

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I didn't use ROM manager. Haven't got into the rooting thing yet. My Gnex was unrooted stock, and until this leak came about, locked. After unlocking and restoring all of my apps & data (including system apps), just copied the leaked 4.0.4 update file to the accessible storage on the GNex. Booted into CM recovery, selected the update.zip, and was running 4.0.4 in about 2 minutes with those wonderful new radios. The whole device is buttery smooth and stupid fast. No random reboots either.

I still see complaints about how buggy this phone is, and while it may be the unofficial update, everyone needs to install this OTA until something better is available from Verizon.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I didn't use ROM manager. Haven't got into the rooting thing yet. My Gnex was unrooted stock, and until this leak came about, locked. After unlocking and restoring all of my apps & data (including system apps), just copied the leaked 4.0.4 update file to the accessible storage on the GNex. Booted into CM recovery, selected the update.zip, and was running 4.0.4 in about 2 minutes with those wonderful new radios. The whole device is buttery smooth and stupid fast. No random reboots either.

I still see complaints about how buggy this phone is, and while it may be the unofficial update, everyone needs to install this OTA until something better is available from Verizon.

Yup. I second this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan