Question about which recovery I'm using.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Can someone give me a quick lesson in recovery? I keep seeing people refer to using the wrong version. If I launch my ROM Manager app, it says that I'm on premium 5.0.0.5. Then under Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, it says I'm on ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4. I used to use ROM Manager just to reboot into recovery, then flash whatever I wanted to flash. Lately, When I'm going to flash something, I hold down the power button, select reboot, then select Recovery and then flash whatever... So do I need to upgrade something, or am I doing it all the right way? I'm having no problems, just trying to understand what I'm doing a little better.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
You are good. ROM Manager will tell you when you need to upgrade your recovery. It's the first link at the top usually and it'll tell you your version and the latest version.

What you might be seeing people refer to is the new Touch CWR which does have a different version number.

Now you don't need that version of CWR, it's just nice because it's touch enabled. If you do want it, you'll need to either flash it manually or buy it through ROM Manager.

I use it, I like it, but I bought it mostly to support the work Koush does.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Reactions: greydarrah

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Can someone give me a quick lesson in recovery? I keep seeing people refer to using the wrong version. If I launch my ROM Manager app, it says that I'm on premium 5.0.0.5. Then under Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, it says I'm on ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4. I used to use ROM Manager just to reboot into recovery, then flash whatever I wanted to flash. Lately, When I'm going to flash something, I hold down the power button, select reboot, then select Recovery and then flash whatever... So do I need to upgrade something, or am I doing it all the right way? I'm having no problems, just trying to understand what I'm doing a little better.

You owe it to yourself to install either unstablesapps or Koush's touch based recovery. Notice the tiny font which is really hard to read, or the super twitchy volume scrolling? Well these new recoveries do away with all that and are like night and day improvement. I am on Koush's and version is 5.8.0.2. Its really good. Unstableapps version is also very good. Works slightly differently but just as effective. Bigger font, double spacing and just a pleasure to use compared with what you are using now. Its great we actually have 2 solid options for cwm. Who woulda thunk?

Reactions: greydarrah