Strange Charging Behavior

BringMeBack9801

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Some strange things I've noticed with my battery:

1. The battery level will say 100%, but it will still say "charging"
2. If I don't take it off the charger when it reaches 100%, it will start to discharge again, even though it's still on the charger.

Anyone else have these issues or do I have a bad battery?

gsxraddict

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Battery is fine. It will say full when its truly at 100% so it will lie to you. Also power is cut off as to not damage the battery from over charging it will drop to a certain voltages then resume. If you Google charging lithium ion batteries it will give more information than you could ever want or need on the subject.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Battery is fine. It will say full when its truly at 100% so it will lie to you. Also power is cut off as to not damage the battery from over charging it will drop to a certain voltages then resume. If you Google charging lithium ion batteries it will give more information than you could ever want or need on the subject.

+1 on that

the theory is that trickle charging lessen the number of charge cycles LIs can have. So rather than continually pumping juice into a full battery and risking damaging it, it'll discharge a few percent and then start charging again.

At least that's what Google told me a while ago.

BringMeBack9801

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
+1 on that

the theory is that trickle charging lessen the number of charge cycles LIs can have. So rather than continually pumping juice into a full battery and risking damaging it, it'll discharge a few percent and then start charging again.

At least that's what Google told me a while ago.

Good info. Thanks!