Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I know there's a Nexus MIUI port, but I was wondering if anyone here had tried it. I'm interested in trying something a bit different, and since the Nexus has a port I thought I might try that.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
i loaded it on the droid incredible, but not on the nexus. it's probably not all that different.
miui is ... more like iphone. no app drawer. or rather, the whole phone is kind of an app drawer haha.

the new chinese rom that's being ported for nexus is dianxios or something. forget the name of it.

anyway, some people love miui, some hate it. its definitely different tho, if that's what you're looking for.

(edit - someone correct me if im wrong tho, it's been a while.)

CaptnJim

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried it on my galaxy nexus. It was the same as on my fascinate. I went back to 4.04. I think the 4.0+ interface is pretty sweet so I'll stick with it for a while.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Ran the latest 2.24 for the Nexus for a couple days. It's working really well, actually. Leeech and magiman7 are doing great work with it. Very smooth, fast. Themes do work now, though I had to do a battery pull after changing themes. I used Nova Launcher for the ICS launcher, which I like a lot right now. It's almost to the point of being able to use, for me, as a daily driver.

That being said, I restored a backup of GummyNex 7.6 that I was running for a couple weeks before. Until themes are easily switched on MIUI, I'm not quite ready to jump.

Don't listen to people who say MIUI is just 'to look like an iPhone'. Those people don't know that you can theme every aspect of MIUI to look however you want (go search for MIUI themes to see what I mean). There's Sense themes, ICS themes, etc.

Anyhow, my .02.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams