[ROM][6/26/12] CyanogenMod 9 - Official Nightly & RC Builds!

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
For the nightlies I didn't. But for the RC I used Titanium backup(Pro is worth the money since you can restore all apps and data at once not app by app like the free one) and did a full wipe just to be safe. After flashing just install titanium from the market and restored my apps + data and I'm right back to where I was. Love not having to resign in to all my apps and not losing any game progress!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
For the nightlies I didn't. But for the RC I used Titanium backup(Pro is worth the money since you can restore all apps and data at once not app by app like the free one) and did a full wipe just to be safe. After flashing just install titanium from the market and restored my apps + data and I'm right back to where I was. Love not having to resign in to all my apps and not losing any game progress!

Make sure you don't restore system data or Google app data with tibu, otherwise that's fine. Most apps that sync are a bad idea to restore data to. Signing into everything again only takes a few minutes, while taking a shortcut that results in errors and FC's will usually require you to do a full wipe all over again.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Make sure you don't restore system data or Google app data with tibu, otherwise that's fine. Most apps that sync are a bad idea to restore data to. Signing into everything again only takes a few minutes, while taking a shortcut that results in errors and FC's will usually require you to do a full wipe all over again.

That's true. Another thing I just restore what has a Smiley face next to it, I don't restore ones with a check. I believe those are mostly system apps. But I have been lucky so far with banking apps, tapatalk and a few others having no problems with sign in after restore. But what you said is something to keep in mind. As they say YMMV

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
QQ's... What is an RC? I am currently using a nightly from 6/24. Would the RC be a better version to use at this point? This is the first ROM I've ever flashed and it is pretty cool. I now understand the frenzy and excitement of owning a Google device, specifically the Nexus.

Also, is it safe to assume that CM will build upon JB in the near future? JB's features look great.

Thanks in advance for any response.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
QQ's... What is an RC? I am currently using a nightly from 6/24. Would the RC be a better version to use at this point? This is the first ROM I've ever flashed and it is pretty cool. I now understand the frenzy and excitement of owning a Google device, specifically the Nexus.

Also, is it safe to assume that CM will build upon JB in the near future? JB's features look great.

Thanks in advance for any response.

An RC = release candidate. It's a great, "stable" version of the CM9 rom.

I presume CM9 will build on JB once the source code comes out (although it'll probably called CM10!)

Reactions: bgapfire

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the updates on the 0703 nightly, specifically:
Battery Light: Add ability to configure (Part 1 of 2)
Battery Light: Add ability to configure (Part 2 of 2)

Do these add a battery light status/notification? Charging, charged, low?

Thanks in Advance!

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Great news, Google Voice VM play back in the call log is working again, in the 0708 release! Yeah, progress!

Transmitted from a banned Toro Gnex running CM9 and Franco, via Tapatalk2

Reactions: dmmarck