[ROM][5/23/12][4.0.4][AXI0M] CROSSBREED and PATIENT ZERO

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][3/20/12][4.0.4]AXI0M Crossbreed & PATIENT ZERO

Okay, I'm home now and V14 is staring me in the face. I'm so confused. :confused: Ten hours on battery and used 30% of my power. The Trinity kernel seems to be performing well, but I still like the tweaks in Franco's better.

Who's idea was it to root these phones and flash ROMs???

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

No issues when flashing V14. Looks and feels pretty nice to me, and DT (or Trinity) has included some of the tweaks present in Franco's kernels.

goph_man

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site

I am trying to switch over from Aokp to Axiom crossbreed, and am having some issues. I currently am running Aokp/Franco's kernel/4.0.4 radios. I have my phone connected to my computer and have usb debugging enabled and am trying to drag the Axiom Crossbreed M2 zip file over but it wont let me... I dragged the getting started zip over already, but can't get the Rom on. Any help would be appreciated. And once I do get it to work do I wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, then install the rom and then install the getting started package?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I am trying to switch over from Aokp to Axiom crossbreed, and am having some issues. I currently am running Aokp/Franco's kernel/4.0.4 radios. I have my phone connected to my computer and have usb debugging enabled and am trying to drag the Axiom Crossbreed M2 zip file over but it wont let me... I dragged the getting started zip over already, but can't get the Rom on. Any help would be appreciated. And once I do get it to work do I wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, then install the rom and then install the getting started package?

I would just browse to the rom file from your phone and download directly. it will be in your sd-card - download folder if you do that.

I have had my usb-mtp connection (to a mac) come and go on monolith 1. I fixed it by restoring a backup of aokp.

I would check the md5 of the radio package with hashdroid app in market or using the cpu or astro file manager. Just to be safe.
Once you have the rom and the update package, boot to recovery mode, wipe data, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache, and format /system, then install zip, choose zip from sd card, and navigate to the rom file. I would flash the rom first, reboot, let it sit for a few minutes for the kernel to settle in, and then, before signing in to anything, reboot to recovery, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache, and flash the radio. Reboot, once again allow to settle, then sign in to everything like normal.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

As zero neck suggests... try downloading it from your phone.

Also no need to wipe... just flash it. DT's script is going to wipe data and everything automatically on Crossbreed M2. Backup your user apps and user app data with TiBu if you don't want to lose it all. NO SYSTEM DATA.

EDIT: I should say with TiBu or appmonster or whatever else you may use... to be fair :)

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

Anyone know what's up with the Crossbreed M2 up now? DT is on the Hive forum, but hasn't said anything about it. I know the changelog for V14 mentioned testing Franco's R98 (I think) and M2 is definitely Franco's, so is this a different version of V14 with M2, or is this V15?

I'm tempted to just flash it and see what pops up.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Anyone know what's up with the Crossbreed M2 up now? DT is on the Hive forum, but hasn't said anything about it. I know the changelog for V14 mentioned testing Franco's R98 (I think) and M2 is definitely Franco's, so is this a different version of V14 with M2, or is this V15?

I'm tempted to just flash it and see what pops up.

Crossbreed is the ROM for people who don't like playing with stuff... Patient zero is for crackflashers.

The crossbreed m2 just has the tweaks that proved effective from v11-13 or so of patient zero. If your on patient zero v14 you have no reason to worry about crossbreed m2.

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

Crossbreed is the ROM for people who don't like playing with stuff... Patient zero is for crackflashers.

The crossbreed m2 just has the tweaks that proved effective from v11-13 or so of patient zero. If your on patient zero v14 you have no reason to worry about crossbreed m2.

Thanks. I found some info on the other ROM thread. I just downloaded the M2 file and made a nandroid of V14, so I might as well have a look at the new Franco kernel.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Also, 2def, does V14 have the B28 changes merged? I need me that old style toggle bar from B28 lol

stacman.nexus

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

I just flashed the M2, and am now backing it up and going back to V14 for more testing. M2 looks nice, but honestly they're all starting to look the same now. So since Monolith 2 is a milestone and presumably stable (M1 ran nice for me), I at least have a configured backup of it.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

V14 is running great for me . I updated at breaktime and since at work took a chance and just wiped cache and dalvik when updated from v13 to v14.So far everythings running great no issues.(results may vary ,lol)That was first time I havent installed a total clean installation of a Rom on the GN.:)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Also, 2def, does V14 have the B28 changes merged? I need me that old style toggle bar from B28 lol

Yep b28 is all merged in V14.. He updated the OP/changelog last night if you didn't get it. In the OP on droidhive click the very bottom link, then scroll to the bottom of the "new" OP it takes you to to view the changelog :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Anyone know of any theme's that work with 14? I tried flashing black exodus which worked fine with earlier builds but didn't with 14.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yep b28 is all merged in V14.. He updated the OP/changelog last night if you didn't get it. In the OP on droidhive click the very bottom link, then scroll to the bottom of the "new" OP it takes you to to view the changelog :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yeah I gotta register there. Will do it eventually lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

Any idea why DT was trinity kernels on his nightly roms but Franco's on his stable roms?

DriveEuro

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I tried V13 yesterday and couldn't get it to get past the activation. Kept rebooting on me. Flashed TWICE and each time verified MD5 each time. And yes... cleared cache/data and dalvik. Seems like my phone didn't like the Trinity kernel. It was definitely a kernel problem. Kept rebooting at random times and making popping sounds out of the speaker.

Reverted back to Crossbreed V5 (francoKernel) that I was initially running. Running 100% fine now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781