easy unlock lol

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Just venting, wrong place or not. Any whoo, tried my luck at unlocking this thing again (rooted og Droid and HP TP to run android) since this is "dev friendly" yet they all involve getting your hands a lil dirty, were the "og" and "tp" dev friendly? Cuz I don't think they were and they involve somewhat similar processes. So I think that's BS!
Not gonna get into details of what went wrong but let's just say what guides say to do and what options my computer gives me are two different things, plus my PC is old and takes forever to do anything but I I digress.
I'm just tired of hearing how simple it is when you can damn near unlock many of phones in a similar manner that AINT dev friendly.
If you think I'm wrong then check the forums where a ton of people are asking for help unlocking their gnex cuz of issues. Stop calling this phone something its not....end rant:'(

Danv1369

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
it is simple with the right system ;)

I couldnt do it on my laptop...HP Elitebook running XP. I had to use mother in laws Acer Desktop computer running windows 7. Followed the tutorial posted on this site and it was really easy. I tried for hours on my laptop with no luck...so may be you just need to upgrade your computer :)

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Just venting, wrong place or not. Any whoo, tried my luck at unlocking this thing again (rooted og Droid and HP TP to run android) since this is "dev friendly" yet they all involve getting your hands a lil dirty, were the "og" and "tp" dev friendly? Cuz I don't think they were and they involve somewhat similar processes. So I think that's BS!
Not gonna get into details of what went wrong but let's just say what guides say to do and what options my computer gives me are two different things, plus my PC is old and takes forever to do anything but I I digress.
I'm just tired of hearing how simple it is when you can damn near unlock many of phones in a similar manner that AINT dev friendly.
If you think I'm wrong then check the forums where a ton of people are asking for help unlocking their gnex cuz of issues. Stop calling this phone something its not....end rant:'(

What problems are you having? The android USB driver problem?

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Asus nexus tablet is next on priority list, so dont think the wife will take to kind to additional investment in home PC :p

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
What problems are you having? The android USB driver problem?

I don't want to turn this into a "help me" thread but after downloading android sdk, and Sammy drivers, guide says open sdk manager and install certain parts but only option I get is extract all. Nothing letting me choose which parts to download.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you look at the stickies for the Wugfresh toolkit for unlocking rooting?

Never used it but looks ridiculously easy.

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...I used wugs tutorial and took me a whole 10 min to unlock and root...just sayin

This phone is VERY dev friendly as was the OG Droid, if you have owned any other phones with locked down bootloaders you would be praising the Nexus Gods ;)

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
It's not one click, but it shouldn't be. The process should be complicated enough that the average person is intimidated by it so they don't screw up their phone. The more technically inclined can push through that and have an unlocked device. Just because the device is unlockable doesn't mean that it should be easy enough that anyone can do it.

Trust me, Google could make it way simpler if they wanted to, or just ship the phones unlocked. They don't for a reason.

just my two cents.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Using the wugfresh method....simple enough until obviously run into a snag, nothing ever goes according to guides for me....I guess my fast boot drivers are not configured and I have to do something on my own that it doesn't say how to do....ugh

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
And nooo....still doesn't see my device at second step...fastboot drivers....f this stupid developer phone...have to many apps to start over anyway.... hasta la vista

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Go in your device manager. Boot the gn to the boot loader(volume up and down +power) now connect to your PC. When the device shows in device manager, it should have a yellow triangle. Right click and update, choose browse your PC. Then choose manually find file, find the Samsung phone and use it to update the driver. Fastbiot should now work.

Reactions: zero neck

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Go in your device manager. Boot the gn to the boot loader(volume up and down +power) now connect to your PC. When the device shows in device manager, it should have a yellow triangle. Right click and update, choose browse your PC. Then choose manually find file, find the Samsung phone and use it to update the driver. Fastbiot should now work.

Holding volume+/- w power does nothing

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
After downloading the modified driver and unzip it. I can't find where to replace the stock driver. Instructions say "c:\android-sdk-windows\extras\google\usb_driver" but I can't navigate to this area just browsing my android-sdk-folder. What gives

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
After downloading the modified driver and unzip it. I can't find where to replace the stock driver. Instructions say "c:\android-sdk-windows\extras\google\usb_driver" but I can't navigate to this area just browsing my android-sdk-folder. What gives

why don't you just use WUGs? I've used it twice to restore and it's fine.

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
why don't you just use WUGs? I've used it twice to restore and it's fine.

I'm using wugs...but those parts where it says "if this doesn't work, try this" parts...that's me, I'm always having to do the hard way, its never " oh sweet, everything is where its supposed to be".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800