Remove softkeys

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Is their a way for rooted nexus users to disable the soft keys during let's say playing a game? It is a little annoying playing a game like fruit ninja for example and the crazy swiping hits a soft key (home) thus temporarily taking u away from the game.
Is there a way to link the power button or a combination of the volume+/- with power buttons to hide the softkeys?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Nobody? Hmm

You can remove the softkeys in Rom Control on AOKP builds. When you hold power, the softkeys are included in the power menu.

There used to be a toggle for switching softkeys on and off but they have since discarded the toggle - you can either have them on or off, and the keys are in your power menu (these can be removed in power menu settings in rom control).

There is also a mod to remove them - not sure what roms the mod works on - you can search xda or rootzwiki to find just the mod if you like.

There are also two launchers - one works like browser+(icons on the side that you can pull up) and some other one i forget how it works. Anyway, these work as alternatives for having the softkeys present.

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Thx...I just happen to have aokp rom installed, will check my settings

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15