03-28-2012 11:42 AM
32 12
tools
    ok rooted my phone yesterday and today decided to take the plunge and flash a rom.. i did to a cwm backup after rooting on rom manager/rom toolbox.
    so today i downlaode gummy rom and the gapps file whent into recovery mode found the two zips installed the rom then the gapp zip then re booted phone no for an hour it was just saying gummy with the bar udnerneath so i pulled the battery whent into recovery again and the only opition i get is start wont let me do anthing else just has the android guy and under that says downlading... and under that do not turn off target! any ideas please...lol
    03-21-2012 01:38 PM
    this is the only thing i have changed so far after rooting i did download it from rom manager also downloaded and installed a boot animation
    03-21-2012 01:39 PM
    this is the only thing i have changed so far after rooting i did download it from rom manager also downloaded and installed a boot animation
    After a battery pull, press vol down and vol up and power all together and hold - this brings you to fast boot.

navigate to "recovery" with vol buttons, and press power to select.

From there, navigate to back up and restore, select restore, and choose the backup you made after you rooted.

Then, if you want to flash roms, dl from cpu or from phone directly thru the threads, and refer to CyberWarrior's guide on flashing roms/etc so that you take the right steps -
    wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, format /system, etc. And do it manually, not thru rom manager app.

Good luck let me know if the above fix works out.
    03-21-2012 01:53 PM
    ok did that and looks like its loading my backup sweet thanks .. wheew.. and will do as far as roms go i think i will give it a few days though lol was kinda freaked out for a while lol
    zero neck likes this.
    03-21-2012 01:59 PM
    ok did that and looks like its loading my backup sweet thanks .. wheew.. and will do as far as roms go i think i will give it a few days though lol was kinda freaked out for a while lol

Glad that worked out.

If you learn the right steps you will almost never have problems like this. Cyber's thread is an excellent resource, it will show you everything you need to know if you decide to go further.
    03-21-2012 02:02 PM
    that did it thanks zero..
    zero neck likes this.
    03-21-2012 02:06 PM
    ok one more question for you i read through the info on CyberWarrior's guide on flashing roms/etc a couple of times.. when it says to wipe the user data thats not the same as a factory data reset right? wont wipe the sd pics txts stuff like that? i may actually try a rom again...lol any of them easyer than others? or safer lol aslo when you do a boot animation how do you install that the same way like through recovery and unzip and save?
    03-22-2012 09:59 AM
    ok one more question for you i read through the info on CyberWarrior's guide on flashing roms/etc a couple of times.. when it says to wipe the user data thats not the same as a factory data reset right? wont wipe the sd pics txts stuff like that? i may actually try a rom again...lol any of them easyer than others? or safer lol aslo when you do a boot animation how do you install that the same way like through recovery and unzip and save?
    The data wipe/factory reset in recovery mode does not wipe your SD card like it does when u unlock the boot loader. Your pics etc will be saved.

A boot animation should be flashed zipped up, same as flashing a rom except you don't wipe data before u flash a boot anim, just wipe cache and dalvik cache first.

As far as roms go, read the op of the thread for the rom to see what the directions are, if it needs you to flash gapps (Google apps package), etc. Its easy once you get the steps down.

Any more questions feel free to ask.
    steveinil likes this.
    03-22-2012 11:30 AM
    ok cool thanks again for the help.. im sure once you do it a few times its easy enough just still a little gun shy..lol
    zero neck likes this.
    03-22-2012 11:33 AM
    ok cool thanks again for the help.. im sure once you do it a few times its easy enough just still a little gun shy..lol
    it will become like second nature. and setting everything up will get faster as you get used to titanium backup or whichever apps backup software you use.

The most important thing, as you've run into already, is to have a backup you can go back to. That's the easiest way to save yourself alot of trouble.
    03-22-2012 08:25 PM
    the first thing you booted into was Odin(power+volume down), its a VERY useful tool for a bricked device. power+volume up and down gets you into the bootloader(fastboot) and power+volume up will take you into SAFE mode.
    zero neck and steveinil like this.
    03-22-2012 08:33 PM
    yeah i think im going to try gummy again today if i get time here at work lol so wish me luck im downloading them now the rom and gapps got them from a link on the gummy thread
    03-23-2012 08:34 AM
    well got them downloaded i thought but it says download unseccessful? i happend to check it and it was at 97% 98 99 then done then when it usually changes from like downloading to installing (like an app) the changed to download unseseccuful ? should i delete and retry the download?
    03-23-2012 08:51 AM
    well got them downloaded i thought but it says download unseccessful? i happend to check it and it was at 97% 98 99 then done then when it usually changes from like downloading to installing (like an app) the changed to download unseseccuful ? should i delete and retry the download?
    yeah delete it and start over.

To make sure it's 100% and the correct file and everything, you can check the md5 sum listed with the rom - using an app such as hashdroid, or a file manager such as astro (in astro - navigate to the file, long press, and go to preferences or check md5 i think). So you just compare the character string of the file with what's listed in the thread to make sure it's not corrupted or anything.
    steveinil likes this.
    03-23-2012 12:09 PM
    ok will do thanks again zero..i have astro so i will just use that unless hashdroid is easier ?
    03-23-2012 12:15 PM
    ok will do thanks again zero..i have astro so i will just use that unless hashdroid is easier ?
    Hashdroid compares for u, slightly easier but not necessary at all.
    03-23-2012 12:43 PM
    well treid the same link a few times and no luck always does the same thing so maybe i will try a differnt rom see if that helps.
    03-23-2012 02:10 PM
    Hashdroid compares for u, slightly easier but not necessary at all.
    ok i will check that out then if it compares for you one less thing to think about lol
    03-23-2012 02:12 PM
    Where are you getting the link? You might want to try thru rootzwiki if you haven't already
    03-23-2012 02:32 PM
    tried it one last time and it downloaded fine i think i may have been loosing my data connection in my office just flashed the rom and gaps rebooting now so hopefully it works this time lol about how long should it take to reboot?
    03-23-2012 02:55 PM
    o getting the link from galaxy nexus forums
    03-23-2012 02:56 PM
    sorry for the play by play but signing into google now so all is good so far lol
    03-23-2012 02:58 PM
    ok up and running.. i lost all my txts though guess i should have thought and backed them up.. apps are downloading now ihad them backed up at least in my backup pro is titanium backup better?
    zero neck likes this.
    03-23-2012 03:05 PM
    ok up and running.. i lost all my txts though guess i should have thought and backed them up.. apps are downloading now ihad them backed up at least in my backup pro is titanium backup better?
    Neithers really better. Some like my backup bc it backs up homescreens but I wouldn't use that feature, just use Nova launcher for that.
    Tib is the classic backup app tho.

For text s there are numerous backup apps, they should all work fine.
    steveinil likes this.
    03-23-2012 04:11 PM
    thanks again zero for all your help.. i even updated to the newest gummy last night with no problems.. great rom so far.. but its the only one i have used lol
    zero neck likes this.
    03-27-2012 03:31 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD