[GUIDE] Don't Panic: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Nexus

drb1089

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
ok i figured out the problem...my usb cable was bent so it wasnt connecting but i bent it back i got it back to stock and im about to flash bamf 2.3 at least now i know what not to do lol thanks a lot for your help

montanarayson

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Any way to go around being rooted? And how do I get my file in my SD card so that I can get to it from the bootloader recovery menu ... I have wipe cache, wipe data, and update. On update I have 2 choice but neither have my downloaded jb rom. As a matter of fact they don't have anything on them...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Any way to go around being rooted? And how do I get my file in my SD card so that I can get to it from the bootloader recovery menu ... I have wipe cache, wipe data, and update. On update I have 2 choice but neither have my downloaded jb rom. As a matter of fact they don't have anything on them...

(1) You need to flash a custom recovery. Don't believe you did that? If so, which one?

(2) You can unroot--just get rid of the app and disallow access. That's all it is. Access. Nothing more nothing less.

(3) You can download to your phone directly or transfer from the computer.

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I flashed 4.2 before updating cwm, now I have a whole bunch of /0 folders. How can I get rid of these folders? I have wiped everything and was told to format data. I have deleted the multiple /0 folders but it seems they are mirroring each other and I have lost everything once already.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
This is because of the new multi-user features built into 4.2. You need to use the latest versions of TWRP or CW recoveries when flashing 4.2 ROMs to avoid this. I've heard that getting rid of the /0 folders is a real PITA too.

Good luck.

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
This is because of the new multi-user features built into 4.2. You need to use the latest versions of TWRP or CW recoveries when flashing 4.2 ROMs to avoid this. I've heard that getting rid of the /0 folders is a real PITA too.

Good luck.

Cwm is updated but I just don't have one /0 folder, I have about six /0 folders. I understand one but why multiple?

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Not sure. I installed TWRP before I flashed 4.2 for the first time (CWM wasn't updated yet). Since then I've flashed multiple 4.2 MMuzzy and Euroshank ROMs and only have on /0 folder. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Good luck.

I will confirm this is the case as soon as TWRP is done nandroiding :).

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Keep us posted. I got rid of the multiple /0 folders and they haven't come back.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Keep us posted. I got rid of the multiple /0 folders and they haven't come back.

I don't see any /0 folders.

Also, if you're using Jelly Bro--make sure to change your network under Mobile Data to LTE/CDMA.

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any /0 folders.

Also, if you're using Jelly Bro--make sure to change your network under Mobile Data to LTE/CDMA.

I had those folders because I didn't update cwm before installing 4.2 :banghead:

drb1089

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
i need some help please i currently have bamf 2.3 toro and im trying to flash 2.4 toroplus but when i try to wipe data it says failed and so i wipe everything else and when i go to install 2.4 it says failed i still have 2.3 on my sd so i can reflash that and it works but i want to put 2.4 on there can anyone tell me what im doing wrong thanks.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
i need some help please i currently have bamf 2.3 toro and im trying to flash 2.4 toroplus but when i try to wipe data it says failed and so i wipe everything else and when i go to install 2.4 it says failed i still have 2.3 on my sd so i can reflash that and it works but i want to put 2.4 on there can anyone tell me what im doing wrong thanks.

Toroplus is the Sprint Gnex.. do not try and flash a Toroplus ROM on your Toro :)