Few Questions about relocking the bootloader

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
For some reason my micro USB stopped working. I can't connect to the computer or charge the phone. So I have a few questions...

1. Is there a way to relock the bootloader without connecting to a computer VIA USB?

2. Can Verizon deny a warranty return because the bootloader is unlocked? I only unlocked the bootloader and rooted so that I could make backups. I'm on an otherwise stock ROM...

Thanks in advance...

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
For some reason my micro USB stopped working. I can't connect to the computer or charge the phone. So I have a few questions...

1. Is there a way to relock the bootloader without connecting to a computer VIA USB?

2. Can Verizon deny a warranty return because the bootloader is unlocked? I only unlocked the bootloader and rooted so that I could make backups. I'm on an otherwise stock ROM...

Thanks in advance...

(1) I don't believe so.

(2) Yes, an unlocked bootloader renders the warranty voidable at the election of Verizon. Once relocked you should have nothing to worry about ;).

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Try using another micro USB cable if you haven't done that yet. Reboot your phone as well. Do the small stuff first.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dmmarck

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried all the available ports on your computer and possibly a different computer if you can get access to one?

Also have you verified USB is working on your computer your using, like using a USB mouse/keyboard/thumb drive ?

Make sure you do a reboot on your computer to... Sometimes after attempting ADB/Fastboot related things with the bootloaders processes can get stuck or goofed in your computer causing it not to be recognized.

If you have an anti virus running make sure that isn't blocking the port assigned to your USB. Simple work around, just temporarily disable your anti virus while attempting to relock your bootloader.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
^This. And also, try a different battery if you have a spare. I know it sounds weird, but I had a defective battery and the phone wouldn't charge or recognize a USB connection either. Swapped batteries and it was fine.

Eventually, the defective battery started working for me apart from wonky NFC behavior. Hit or miss with that, but the other battery has no problems with NFC.

*customized tapatalk signature*

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely a wonky connection somewhere if I wiggle the cord around i can get it to connect but as soon as i bump it out disconnects and reconnects. Verizon is sending me a new one out...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Hovik818

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't send it out. You have the risk of being charged for it. Try to wiggle the battery to full and lock that device!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely a wonky connection somewhere if I wiggle the cord around i can get it to connect but as soon as i bump it out disconnects and reconnects. Verizon is sending me a new one out...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Figure out what angle you need to be at, tape that down, and relock. Trust me, you don't want to pay the fee!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO