[RADIOS][VZW] Galaxy Nexus Radios and Installation Guide

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You should update the bootloader.. its good practice to keep the radios and bootloader on the same version, that's why they are updated together. Will it work otherwise? Yes, usually, but like I said it's good practice. You can always revert back the bootloader just as easily as anything else on this phone if you need to :)

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I went back to the FA02 radios, just to see whats going on.

I was randomly getting no service.(bar with an x through it. I live in a full 4g area. ). I am on aokp M5 and franco r156.Going to test it tomorrow and see if i get the same dropouts. This just started happening today. It occurred twice.

Anyone else having the same issues?
EDIT
Update, it happened when I was sending a text message. Signal dropped out and also said message not sent. So I just tried it again on the FA02 radios and it did it again when I tried to resend the message.

Wierd!

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I went back to the FA02 radios, just to see whats going on.

I was randomly getting no service.(bar with an x through it. I live in a full 4g area. ). I am on aokp M5 and franco r156.Going to test it tomorrow and see if i get the same dropouts. This just started happening today. It occurred twice.

Anyone else having the same issues?
EDIT
Update, it happened when I was sending a text message. Signal dropped out and also said message not sent. So I just tried it again on the FA02 radios and it did it again when I tried to resend the message.

Wierd!

It's strange, the signal dropped when I pressed the send key for the text.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
These radios are definitely more stable for me. Didn't boost signal strength but now I actually hold on to 4g better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

axne1

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Took forever for 3g to come back?

I wonder what that is called?

When you flash radio and nothing...

Oh yeah FAIL!

No foreal what happened?

sent from a Android device :)
I'm always on!

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Took forever for 3g to come back?

I wonder what that is called?

When you flash radio and nothing...

Oh yeah FAIL!

No foreal what happened?

sent from a Android device :)
I'm always on!

how long did it take? sometimes radios need to calibrate when you first flash them. shouldnt be more than five or ten minutes tops.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I am trying to follow all the "updates" to the radios. I have Liquid 1/35 with the extras, and I flashed the radios with Baseband version I515.09V.FA02 / I515.FA02. From what I have read I need to go back to 4.02 radios and than flash the new 4.04 radios or use as I read on page 2 use DT file and it will do it all for me , downgrade to 4.02 and than upgrade to 4.04. Please advise.
Thanks,
Xanth

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I am trying to follow all the "updates" to the radios. I have Liquid 1/35 with the extras, and I flashed the radios with Baseband version I515.09V.FA02 / I515.FA02. From what I have read I need to go back to 4.02 radios and than flash the new 4.04 radios or use as I read on page 2 use DT file and it will do it all for me , downgrade to 4.02 and than upgrade to 4.04. Please advise.
Thanks,
Xanth

You don't have to roll back to 4.02. You can flash either 404 with boot loader or without, both will revert to 402 then patch to 404 FC04/5 radios.

But you may as well flash with the bootloader.

Reactions: Xanth269

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to roll back to 4.02. You can flash either 404 with boot loader or without, both will revert to 402 then patch to 404 FC04/5 radios.

But you may as well flash with the bootloader.

So would that be the DT File? or is there another file/link for this.

Thanks for your help,
Xanth