[RADIOS][VZW] Galaxy Nexus Radios and Installation Guide

ekinnyc

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Can you direct me to a franco kernel that way I know it is safe? And Can you verify that my radio was updated

Yeah you have the new radios
For Franco, purchase Franco.kernel updated from play store. It's about $2-3 but makes flashing Franco kernel a breeze

tpinkfloyd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't have money to purchase a Kernel right now, not that I have a problem supporting a good thing but I am still testing waters and would prefer something I can test right now.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

tpinkfloyd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Milestone?

I have no problem buying the app and supporting the devs but between paydays it is hard to do.

Anyone like Trinity Kernel?

And will any of the kernels mess up my radio?

Milestone = what he thinks is a release good enough to last a while. I prefer the nightlies :).

I love trinity, but haven't used it in a while.

And they can affect signal, but none really "do."

Reactions: tpinkfloyd

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Are they set up for specific android versions? Well milestone 5 work for JB & ICS? Just bought the app last night and ready for some kerneltastic fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Are they set up for specific android versions? Well milestone 5 work for JB & ICS? Just bought the app last night and ready for some kerneltastic fun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Yes, I believe it'll only install compatible kernels.

Reactions: CA1NE

tpinkfloyd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Milestone = what he thinks is a release good enough to last a while. I prefer the nightlies :).

I love trinity, but haven't used it in a while.

And they can affect signal, but none really "do."

I am happy at the standard 1200 clock speed, will it cause any problems to go to 1300-1500?

tpinkfloyd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Quick update on the new radio.

Flashed it last night. I live in an area with 4G service but I get intermittent signal on my phone everywhere in my apt complex. As of yesterday here is what I have done to my phone and I would love to know if I have any issues I am not seeing.

I am running CM10, Franco Milestone 5, The JB bootloader from this post and the radio also from this post all md5s are correct and I triple checked before moving forward

My signal isn't better as in a signal boost but it is better in the sense that it holds 4G better seeing as before I was getting constant drops to 3G. I hold steady at 2 bars mostly and my call quality is clearer in the areas I was getting some cut out

The only problem I had was the Gnex Toolkit wouldn't allow me to install Clockworkmod Touch I don't know why and I have tried multipile different ways but I am always stuck with the standard CWM not that it is a problem at least it works:p

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Flashed it last night. I live in an area with 4G service but I get intermittent signal on my phone everywhere in my apt complex. As of yesterday here is what I have done to my phone and I would love to know if I have any issues I am not seeing.

I am running CM10, Franco Milestone 5, The JB bootloader from this post and the radio also from this post all md5s are correct and I triple checked before moving forward

My signal isn't better as in a signal boost but it is better in the sense that it holds 4G better seeing as before I was getting constant drops to 3G. I hold steady at 2 bars mostly and my call quality is clearer in the areas I was getting some cut out

The only problem I had was the Gnex Toolkit wouldn't allow me to install Clockworkmod Touch I don't know why and I have tried multipile different ways but I am always stuck with the standard CWM not that it is a problem at least it works:p

Have you tried manually installing it with fast boot commands?

It has nothing to do with your ROM, radio, or bootloader, IMO.

I've never used a toolkit but I would imagine the issue is specific to the kit and possibly that recovery.

You can install the recovery yourself with the command

Fastboot flash recovery name-of-recover-file.img

While CD in the fast boot folder with the recovery file in the same folder.

tpinkfloyd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried manually installing it with fast boot commands?

It has nothing to do with your ROM, radio, or bootloader, IMO.

I've never used a toolkit but I would imagine the issue is specific to the kit and possibly that recovery.

You can install the recovery yourself with the command

Fastboot flash recovery name-of-recover-file.img

While CD in the fast boot folder with the recovery file in the same folder.

I tried in just regular Fastboot and with the Toolkit. Both said it was installed but when I load into CWM it is just the regular CWM. I didn't know if the file was bad so I tried a couple different ones and had the same outcome. "installed" but when booted normal CWM.

Wasn't blaming any ROM or radio just figured I did something wrong. I am re learning things I learned rooting on a Droid and never got far on customizing when I lost it. I was given an iPhone by my uncle and was using that till I had money for something new.

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

I think I can relate... the number of bars seems to be somewhat lower (what is displayed) BUT I know for sure the call quality is better, and holds a talk signal better; I know where all the dead zones are on my commute...

As for 4G, it's still just as reliable..

tpinkfloyd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I only have signal problems inside the city, as soon as I go outside I have full 4G everywhere. We will see how the quality is today as I run around town picking things up.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding on to 4g better now. Do sent drop to 3g near as fast inside.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC