What is the easiest way to flash different themes?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Usually you download the theme you want to apply (make sure it goes with the rom version/build you are using), place the theme flashable .zip file on your sd card, and reboot to recovery mode.

in recovery mode, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache, then install zip from sd>choose zip from sd card>find your theme .zip and select it.

it will install, then you can select reboot system now.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well said zero...

Always make sure you do the cache partition & dalvik cache wipes, if you don't the theme your flashing will only overwrite whatever is new. In other words without doing the wipes you could end up with a mix of your old theme and the new theme.

Some people do this on purpose at times to see what type of crazy "hyper breed or cross breed" theme they come up with :p

Reactions: zero neck

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I did what zero said but it was optimizing apps, then it was booting up for like 10 minutes, so I stopped it and restored a nandroid. Should it take this long?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It could take 5-10 min to boot up. When it's done optimizing the apps it should start up.

Did it finish optimizing?

Are you sure the theme is the right one for your rom?

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It didn't say optimizing it was something else, but looked the same setup as optimizing. Then it went to the boot animation again and didn't stop until I booted my old nandroid

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It didn't say optimizing. Instead disreading or like discontinuing. Should I just back off this theme?
After it discontinued the apps it went to the boot animation again for the second time.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It didn't say optimizing. Instead disreading or like discontinuing. Should I just back off this theme?
After it discontinued the apps it went to the boot animation again for the second time.

If the theme didn't work then it's probably not for your rom or hasn't been updated to the rom yet

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
This isn't true all your doing is just wiping the apps and system caches. If you want to remove your old theme you will need to wipe your phone then flash your new theme and reset all your apps etc
Well said zero...

Always make sure you do the cache partition & dalvik cache wipes, if you don't the theme your flashing will only overwrite whatever is new. In other words without doing the wipes you could end up with a mix of your old theme and the new theme.

Some people do this on purpose at times to see what type of crazy "hyper breed or cross breed" theme they come up with :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: zero neck

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This isn't true all your doing is just wiping the apps and system caches. If you want to remove your old theme you will need to wipe your phone then flash your new theme and reset all your apps etc

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

This is right I musta had a stroke or something :)

You need to reflash the rom after data, cache, and dalvik cleared.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar