[ROM][LINK] Stock Rooted 4.04 Official IMM76K Update

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
This is a link to the Root-enabled Update for those who are rooted and unlocked and wish to flash it.

[ROM]IMM76K 4.0.4 Stock, rooted, deodex, busybox, zipalign - Galaxy Nexus - RootzWiki

What's new?
-An updated radio to help with the low signal issues
-Some visual tweaks were added like quick volume toggles on the power menu
-The standard speed tweaks and bug fixes
-Tweaked auto-brightness
-Slightly faster camera performance
-An updated News & Weather widget
-Whatever else you find ;)

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM LINK] Stock Rooted 4.04 Official IMM76K Update

I havent flashed the update, just the radios, but there are some changes - mostly minor.
Cyber warrior posted up the changelog in Dmmarck's thread in the general forum, i'll see if i can find the post and quote it in here for ya.

edit= found and updated op

annnd realized i linked the wrong thread earlier. :)
fixed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rob90262

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

for us begnners can you anser a few questons ???

the proper steps are?
1. tibu cuz im assuming i have to wipe correct so this will erase all my previous settings
2 follow steps on cwr rom mgr nandroid post?
3 and do i download this from my phone or use comp then transfer to phone somehow

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

for us begnners can you anser a few questons ???

the proper steps are?
1. tibu cuz im assuming i have to wipe correct so this will erase all my previous settings
2 follow steps on cwr rom mgr nandroid post?
3 and do i download this from my phone or use comp then transfer to phone somehow

sure.
1. tib if you want to backup apps/app data
2. nandroid backup to be safe as always.
3. download the file straight from phone (it goes to download folder on sd) or download to cpu and transfer over (it goes where you put it on sd).
4. check md5 - for this file the md5 is 65003bda2c79a2e0f979bf1430311428. This number must match the number you generate for the file you download. Instructions on how to check md5, if you need them, are in the OP of the [Radio] thread in my sig below.
5. reboot to recovery mode.
6.1 - if you are currently running stock 4.02, then you wipe Cache partition and Dalvik Cache.
6.2 - if you are currently running anything else (any custom rom), then you wipe Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache. You can also format /system (under mounts and storage in recovery).
7. Go to install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd card>navigate to the file you downloaded and select it.
8. After it installs, select reboot system now, and allow for it to load up and settle in for a few min before you set it up.
9. Activate and restore apps/etc.

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

im not running any roms just unlocked and rooted i use my phone alot for business so i need stabilty and performance it has to work

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm not using it so i can't say personally, and there is very little feedback on it at RW, but it's just the update stock with root, deodexed, and zipaligned.

So, it should be stable and work, but i guess nobody will know until it either rolls out in force or more time goes by for the small sample of ppl running the update get a feel for it and leave some more feedback.

kstoutdog

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site

so this is the exact same thing that will eventually be pushed OTA?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

so this is the exact same thing that will eventually be pushed OTA?

It is the update that may or may not be pushed ota, we'll see, but it has root, is deodexed, and zipaligned.

Its close but not exactly the same.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
"Most" ROMs are more stable, exceed in performance, and "work" better than stock, IMHO.

I know what you're saying though, work is really important and you don't want to chance it. My thought is, since you're already unlocked and rooted, and are obviously okay with flashing something... you may as well upgrade from stock to something better. AOKP M5 with Franco's kernel, for instance.

True story.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Reactions: asmallchild

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Anyone wonder why the op hasn't flashed this?
Jus my opinion but its just stock. Custom stuff is mucho better. :):)

For those that like stock, this could fill the bill. But to reiterate the custom sentiment, there are custom roms with stock like feel that have lots of stuff "under the hood" which make them better than stock.

The third party developers are just "on it" IMHO.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

This is a good option for those who need/want the stock experience or just wanted to test out whats new in the update.

Chances are this is stable but there's really no way to tell yet, so if you don't want to or can't risk it for work reasons, you should probably hold off. In that case, if you're looking for just the radios to test out, theyre available to flash, and if they don't work out it's a quick flash back to the old ones.

As for custom roms, i do prefer them greatly to stock, of course.
But I understand where some people cant afford the chance of something going wrong, or whatever it is.

We have a solid team of ROM crackheads here :)

Reactions: davey11

bovineyard

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have flashed this, over IMM36B, (no wipe), and it has been very stable, no random reboots or anything. (Running Imosyeons latest stable kernel.)

JesterOC

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Sorry another clarifying question. If we already had the previous 4.0.4 leak and had installed its radios, do we just install this new file and we are done (following the steps you outlined of course) or do we then need to install the new radios as a second step?

Thanks so much for the information.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry another clarifying question. If we already had the previous 4.0.4 leak and had installed its radios, do we just install this new file and we are done (following the steps you outlined of course) or do we then need to install the new radios as a second step?

Thanks so much for the information.

Can you tell me what it says under baseband in about phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad