I did it! Rooted, Upgraded to 4.0.4, So much better!

darb85

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Warning, Noob Excited with himself....Ignore at will.

Its been 10 minutes, I have better signal on my 4g by 3 bars. This is great. First root ever and Im not sure why I didnt do it earlier. Very Cool

I used this tool Kit:

[GNex TOOLKIT V6.1] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MORE [VERIZON] - xda-developers

Sorry wugs, but It was easier for me.

This Rom

[ROM]IMM30B 4.0.4 Stock,rooted,deodexed,zipaligned,busybox,insecure boot + mods zips - xda-developers

It took 15 minutes. all my worring for nothing.

Now I have no idea what to do from here, but its much better than it was so cool.

Hurray!

Reactions: SOTK

darb85

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
and now I see there is a new build of 4.0.4 is there an easy way to upgrade or do I need to do everything all over again?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
When you flash updates or roms you will need to do a full wipe so you'll have to set up your phone again. You can look at backup app's like titanium backup which will back up all your apps with data which makes it much easier to restore. Also if you use a different launcher like nova or apex you can backup you screen settings and layouts. Hope this helps :D

Reactions: zero neck

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the world of flashing. This phone is absolutely made for flashing stuff.
May be habit forming. :D

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The fun has just begun...

Soon you'll be a "CrackFlasher" like the rest of us.

Each time I flash a new ROM or kernel, it feels like getting a "new" phone.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
and now I see there is a new build of 4.0.4 is there an easy way to upgrade or do I need to do everything all over again?

this is a link to the update with root enabled (like what you flashed the other day).
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-4-04-official-imm76k-update.html#post1755214

like mclarry said, you'll have to do a data/cache/dalvik wipe to upgrade to this.

On the other hand, if you're ready to get your hands dirty, i recommend you skip the stock experience and check out something like AOKP milestone 5, the lastest axiom build, or liquid to see what's going on in the feature-rich world of custom roms.

:)

congrats.

Reactions: davey11

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
this is a link to the update with root enabled (like what you flashed the other day).
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-4-04-official-imm76k-update.html#post1755214

like mclarry said, you'll have to do a data/cache/dalvik wipe to upgrade to this.

On the other hand, if you're ready to get your hands dirty, i recommend you skip the stock experience and check out something like AOKP milestone 5, the lastest axiom build, or liquid to see what's going on in the feature-rich world of custom roms.

congrats.

I wanted to mention custom stuff but didn't want to seem pushy. :p:D
The custom stuff is WAAY better IMHO.
Don't take our word for it, try one out. It's easy to get back with a nandroid, but I doubt very much you would do that.

darb85

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

congrats.

what is a nandroid? I was on AOKP to download and start to flash and it recommends that, not sure what that is or now to do it.

Does anyone know if the Gapps is included in the download?

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
what is a nandroid? I was on AOKP to download and start to flash and it recommends that, not sure what that is or now to do it.

Does anyone know if the Gapps is included in the download?

A Nandroid is just a backup, you can use ROM manager to generate a backup of your current ROM or stock setup

I do not think Gapps are included

darb85

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
thanks,

So just to make sure I do this right, I flash AOKP from zip and Then Gapps from Zip and then reboot correct?

darb85

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, How do I toggle the 4g on and off, considering I never use it, unless streaming music it doesnt need to be on. Is there a quick way to do so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37