Finally did it...quick question before I flash

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the kang milestone 5... today I flashed the 4.0.4 radios that are in a different post. I did the one without the new boot loader. Just the radios. And so far the radios are awesome. Call quality amazing. I now get 4g in my house and other places. No problems whatsoever

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=168996

[RADIOS][VZW] Galaxy Nexus Radios and Installation Guide

Reactions: ConTejas

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Sweet...glad to hear. I haven't had radio issues per say but my house if pretty much a bunker so I'm hoping to get 4g everywhere inside (although nobody does).

Thankfully, I backed up stock 4.0.2 a few ways because I just made a big noob mistake and went ahead and deleted everything in CWM BEFORE adding the zip files to my internal storage folder. Dumbarse lol. Fine though and I'm about to try again. You just put the unzipped aokp file (and gapps?) in the main folder right? Cyber's guide doesn't really touch on that and it doesn't mention GAPPS at all that I noticed. I'll be fervently refreshing and otherwise searching lol. Getting late for an "old guy" haha.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Pink Unicorn...erm ok...but FURK YEAH! Found an article on the GAPPS too. I'll worry about the radios tomorrow.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Pink Unicorn...erm ok...but FURK YEAH! Found an article on the GAPPS too. I'll worry about the radios tomorrow.

FYI it's ridiculously easy to change out the bootanimation. Get root explorer (must have app) and replace bootanimation.zip in system/media with the many files out there.

That link in your op is a very old build. Way over a month old, maybe 2. We are on milestone 5 now about 10 builds after 25.

This post courtesy of Tapatalk2

Last edited:
Reactions: zero neck

macmitten

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah don't forget the gapps. I did lol and was a little freaked out why the phone didn't ask for my Gmail. Downloaded it. Flashed. All squared away. Go to the aokp website and they have the dl for gapps

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20