Caved in and did what I should have done a long time ago...

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I finally decided to install a custom rom on my GNex finally. I figured, it was time to use the Nexus as it was meant to be used. So, this is the first time I installed a custom rom, and decided to go with AOKP due to stablity reasons. Anything I should know about with AOKP? What are some things I can do with this ROM?

Thanks Nexus Community.

Reactions: SOTK

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It makes waffles in the morning :)

You can do alot with it. Check out rom control, you'll get a hang of all the options.

There's also lots of themes you can apply in the theme engine or via cwm.

And do yourself a favor and look into franco kernel or imo's lean kernel. Speed and battery life await you.

Reactions: SOTK and 2defmouze

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Also gives you Nova Laucher, which is awesome if for nothing else than the ability to save/backup your home screens so you don't have to do it again if you go to another rom at some point. Plus a bunch of other cool features. Like zero said, check out Rom Control for a bunch of customizations (appearance and performance). There's also features built into the Settings app that aren't stock.It's awesome...enjoy!

Reactions: 2defmouze

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Congrats SeigaGen! You now will see the fun and glorious world you've been hearing about.. and AOKP is an excellent choice. The options and customizations you can do are fantastic. And the "nightlies" such as b36 are always found to be stable, though sometimes they'll include new features which themselves might not work 100%.. but I've never seen a case where any non-milestone build itself will just not work or whatever. So yeah, welcome aboard! :)

EDIT: Oh hey, if you haven't upgraded your radios yet make sure you check out Zero Neck's [RADIOS] thread in the Rooting section... its super easy ;)

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So I went from IMM76K to Build 36 which I think contains IMM76I. Would you still recommend updating the radio?

Thanks.

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I finally decided to install a custom rom on my GNex finally. I figured, it was time to use the Nexus as it was meant to be used. So, this is the first time I installed a custom rom, and decided to go with AOKP due to stablity reasons. Anything I should know about with AOKP? What are some things I can do with this ROM?

Thanks Nexus Community.

Way to take control of your phone and unlock its true potential! You won't be displeased with the results. There may be somewhat of a learning curve but just read all the FAQ's from AOKP site and/or hang out with us in the Root subforum!

Welcome to the Club! ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Also gives you Nova Laucher, which is awesome if for nothing else than the ability to save/backup your home screens so you don't have to do it again if you go to another rom at some point.

Does it back up widgets too?

HTC Rezound running Scott's CleanROM

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Does it back up widgets too?

HTC Rezound running Scott's CleanROM

Yes, it can restore widget settings (for the most part) but its not perfect. Also, important note, Widgets which have been purchased and/or downloaded from the Market still need to be redownloaded and/or restored from Titanium Backup or some other backup utility. Nova just restores desktop and widget settings.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I have not tried nova yet... I recall in cm7 that if you did not use default launcher, not all theme settings would take effect. Still a concern?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend updating to the newest version of Nova from the play store from the one that comes with AOKP lol. Gave me issues lol.

Anyway... Between work, flashing stuff, Diablo 3 and a girlfriend I am not doing so well with getting studying done... good thing that this section of the CPA shouldn't be too bad. I must get 1 or 2 progress multiple choice tests done this morning before work.