Rom/kernel combo for the best battery life

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know what rom/kernel combo everyone is using to get the most out of their battery. I had AOKP and Franco which was good, but I went stock when 4.04 came out. I am now getting HORRIBLE battery life. I barely make it half a day. Ready to flash, but want to know what everyone is using. Thanks!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

scubamike

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I am running AOKP build 37 because I love all of the customizations that AOKP provides for me. I flashed the FC04/5 radios hoping for a more stable signal and better reception resulting in better battery life. Lastly, I flashed Franco's kernel build 169 hoping for better battery life from that too. The first thing I noticed after flashing Franco's kernel was a jump in my quadrant score from around 2100 to a little over 3200. Seriously! I would never have believed it if I didn't see it. This is my first full day with that combo. Right now I'm at 72% battery life. My phone has been on battery for 6 hours 56 minutes. I don't have any talk time so far, but I've got 1 hour and 11 minutes of screen time which has consisted of taking pictures of my family and surfing the web as well as tinkering with my ROM settings. Right now, I guess this is the set up I'd recommend.

Reactions: auburngirl

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Give imnuts' peanut butta jelly kernel a try. It ain't mainstream and don't have a lot of tweaks, but I really like it.
The guy did wonders on the fascinate and charge. I guess ppl install stuff from a dev they are familiar with and those 2 phones were my previous ones.
If you looking for a big improvement, I don't think any kernel can do that. If you on the standard battery, invest 25 bucks for the extended. That made a big difference that no kernel could ever do. :)

Reactions: auburngirl

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca